News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Should I actually say it? hmmmm

Started by nwlife, January 01, 2009, 10:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwlife

Normally I am known for being annoying, mischievous, and down right insane/immature.  But sometimes the seriousness hits.
SO while Thinking about some of the people in my life, I am starting to wonder should I say some of the things that I actually think.
Some are on the board, some are not.  But I started actually thinking about what makes each of these people special---that one thing that seemed to stand out from each of them.

I guess I may as well start, and when I think of something for each person over time I will add them to this list.

To start off the lineup,
leahmarie  This one is a distinct puzzle piece that somehow compliments the scene of her sister and friends.

upcchris  Times of uncertainty seems to trace her steps, but it will come the day when the clouds will part, and the grace/charm will reveal itself as she stands up to speak her heart.  On that day, the storm will cease and the waters will be stilled.

InChristGirl  Someone who has a knack for seeing things in an odd light.  She brings a zest into life and can cook up the joy in any conversation.

alohilani What can we say about the cat that lives in the south? humorus, laughter, a person that broke the mold! a rainbow of expressions of joy.

Chinadoll What would or could be said without first talking of one of my oldest friends from the net.  A woman that knows her heart, knows the steps of life and when to take them.  Someone who is gracious to her friends and loved ones.  And one who can swing a sword/war hammer  hard enough to get through to newsman and me!

NewKris   never online enough anymore- hasn't been afraid to share her struggles, but also her faith in that she will overcome all obstacles

Revelant Grace-  A lady that loves to laugh, to chat, and one you can hear the smile in her voice.

sippintea-  A woman of grace, beauty, and a friend that can melt the heart of anyone, that can make them lower the defenses and talk about the the things in life that they wish to hide.  In other words, a great confidant.  A gem that is to be highly treasured, and a memory that one is grateful to always have. 

MellowYellow   a Lady of extreme charm and grace.  she may not always be online, but when she leaves your presence, you find you were given a blessing to have had the time to visit with her!

Rainbowjingles  -  well, nothing much could be said that wouldn't take up more space than I have room to type.  A lady that laughs and you can feel the ripples from it echoing miles away.  One you can almost tell when she is thinking and praying for you.  A lady that listened to me when I felt so out of wack, and put up with me complaining on a long trip!!  Thanks sister!

PurpleFuzzy-  She may be older, but a great mother to us all.  She is  not afraid to put her foot down, or to laugh with you.  (Also happens to have a great hubby that can cook!  Now can I get some brisket sent to me again!?)

Iridensente and Chel,  two sisters that noone can touch, that no one can replace.  Both full of sunshine, and wisdom. 

Tia,  A special spark that is there, she may not realize it- but in her is a strength you rarely find.

AssuredbyFaith-  A blast from the past-  a good friend that I miss talking with.  One that has never left my thoughts.

Mel-Mel-
    Someone- well what can you say?   A heart that is bigger than texas! and she actually laughed at my greeting on the phone from Okieland! But again, something there that can not be described, Except in as water flows, so does her thoughts and prayers for her friends.

Trecia Lee-  a lady that has been trough much, but still holds her faith.  A testimony for her son to follow.

Ashlee- now this one is puzzling to me.  A heart that is tender, a heart that breathes in the fires of the world, replacing it with a cool refreshing mist.  One that cheers up others, and strives to do so, even when she is hurting.  Again, a gem that is in the rough, that the tender hands of the Master is shaping for something very great one day.

Dew-Ax   While I haven't had much interaction with her...She still seems to always smile when we do chat.  Keep on Sister, Things may have been rough, but the end result, is a path to helping others overcome obstacles too hard for them to handle alone.

Sis- well, a very reluctant to be seen in public webspace, but never afraid to share her heart, laugh, and thoughts with you.

Called & Chosen -  A gem in the making, a heart that is focused on serving God, though she may be a little boy crazy at times!  :P 
                                  I may have called her rugrat for a long time now,
                                but she has become a great example of the young ladies of the pentecostal movement.
                          Something I have known would happen from the first time I ever chatted with her. Very proud of this young lady!
                        I still remember a pm you sent, it was a uplifting prayer in a time I needed it.  A gift I greatly treasure.

Nelle-  A great representative of the ark. apostolics.  Never afraid to just say hi to brighten someone's day.

Brexie, a smile as big as her heart- and someone who puts up with my annoyances at times!

Sis Mom-   A great catch that Bro dad was blessed with.  Someone who has watched over the members of godplace as if they were her own kids... Taking them into her heart, even though she didn't have to.  Who knows what will be told in the heavens of the little things she has done for so many people.

Amelia Bedelia  Unafraid to be used by God and to hear his voice.  I still remember posts where she was asking people what was wrong at certain times.  she would wake and pray for those who would come upon her heart.  A great smile, and a fire inside that will not be quenched, regardless of what she ever goes through.  Again, a strength that is rare to find.  AND a very beautiful smile!

well, Ladies, If I have missed anyone, i am sorry-  I will be searching the list of our ranks to add to this.  Be patient, or just send a pm to remind me.  My memory isn't what it once was!  And yes, I will eventually post something about you guys as well!!!

Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

SippinTea

Brandon, that was very sweet.

Of the people in your list that I've met, I'd have to agree with almost everything you posted. You saw the things that made them special and unique, even to things some people might not notice or be able to put into words.

I'll confess I wanted to argue with what you said about me, but seeing that you were so accurate with what you said of others, I guess I'll assume you saw something in me that I don't see in myself, and just say thank you for the lovely compliment. *smile*

:beret:

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Sis

QuoteSis- well, a very reluctant to be seen in public webspace, but never afraid to share her heart, laugh, and thoughts with you.

Thanx. It was nice of you!   But  " reluctant to be seen in public webspace"? I'm all over the place. You never know where I'll pop up.

nwlife

Now that I keep looking over what I have written, and wondering-  

A weird thought comes to mind.....Wouldn't I be in trouble if all these wonderful ladies were in their 20's, single, and interrested in me, and it was Sadie Hawkins Day? LOL!

But each of these women of God are very precious in their own way.  Though they are different from night to day in many ways, a common theme seems to appear before us-

regardless of time, distance, and space, they each are gentle, full of a fire that is not quenched, and a treasure beyond value.

I know there are several that I have forgotten to place in this list of members of Godplace, and for that I apologize-

May the heavens smile upon you, may the stars be brighter than the sun, may the grace of the Father be realized in your life, and may we be blessed to have the continuance of your beauty grace our lives.
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

Ashlee

Wow!  I don't know what to say Brandon.  Thank you.

Amelia Bedelia

wow, well I guess I can't go disappear and kill myself now lol

thanks Brandon... that was very touching, inspiring and timely encouragement

(no, I'm not entertaining suicide, but I do struggle with overwhelming feelings of worthlessness and ineffectiveness at times)

*hugs* all the wonderful gpers

EricShane

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 02, 2009, 05:12:31 AM
wow, well I guess I can't go disappear and kill myself now lol

thanks Brandon... that was very touching, inspiring and timely encouragement

(no, I'm not entertaining suicide, but I do struggle with overwhelming feelings of worthlessness and ineffectiveness at times)

*hugs* all the wonderful gpers
I think your wonderful! and Beautiful! and super nice to everyone else, Even though you NEVER talk to ME!!.. lol jk.. <3
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

MelodyB

Thanks, Brandon, truly.

I agree with Ruby, I totally agree with everything you said about all the ppl that I have met on here. You have really captured their true selves.

Thank you for your wonderful words. Sometimes I too feel like my efforts are unnoticed and like I shouldnt even try, but its nice to know that sometimes, people do care enough to say so. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

That was very kind Brandon, thank you.  My time is so limited these days that I am not around as much but it means a lot when someone notices. 

You sometimes seem onrey as all get out but that is what keeps life so invigorating, so I appreciate your humor when I catch it!

InChristGirl

Backseat Radio

Quote from: nwlife on January 01, 2009, 10:39:40 PM
Tia,  A special spark that is there, she may not realize it- but in her is a strength you rarely find.

I certainly don't see myself that way, but thanks

Melody

ok... so who are the inspiring guys?

Chinadoll

The Purple Fuzzy

*smile*

It's nice to be mentioned in a good way.  Thanks. :)

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 02, 2009, 06:43:04 PM
*smile*

It's nice to be mentioned in a good way.  Thanks. :)

I dont think anyone here has ever mentioned YOU in a bad way. ;)

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

But he doesnt mean it. You know that.

nwlife

Just a note to say, anyone who I remember that I had not put in the list, I go back and re edit the original post adding the names to the top of the list.  I had to go back and add several as I remember them.  upcchris and ICG are the latest two to be added.  Still have one more to add tonight.

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Tricia Lea

Trecia Lee-  a lady that has been trough much, but still holds her faith.  A testimony for her son to follow.

Thanks  Not sure how much I've really held to anything lately

Brother Dad

That was very kind and sweet words you wrote.  Out of all the GP people I feel I must be the most blessed of all because I did get Sister Mom.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

nwlife

Quote from: Tricia Lea on January 03, 2009, 03:32:52 AM

Thanks  Not sure how much I've really held to anything lately

Just from the posts I have observed, there is still a faith there deep inside.  A faith that still affects and guides you even when you don't realize it.  While it is true of all of us, there is something there that I see. I am not able to put it into words.  And I know that patience is the hardest virtue to uphold at times, but just wait, the healing is there- it is just taking time.  pm coming shortly.

iridiscente

upcchris

:o :oops: :blush: :couch:

*embarrassed laugh* wow, you're perceptive. I sincerely thank you for your kind words.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: SippinTea on January 01, 2009, 11:06:36 PM
Brandon, that was very sweet.

Of the people in your list that I've met, I'd have to agree with almost everything you posted. You saw the things that made them special and unique, even to things some people might not notice or be able to put into words.

I'll confess I wanted to argue with what you said about me, but seeing that you were so accurate with what you said of others, I guess I'll assume you saw something in me that I don't see in myself, and just say thank you for the lovely compliment. *smile*

:beret:

We never really see the good/beauty in ourselves!!!

Hmmmm....I'm seeing something too!   I have enjoyed your posts!!!!  I think you come across as a very sweet person( of course, I haven't been on here in a long time)! :hypocrite: We all have our moments right? ;)

I'm sort of getting to know people again!!!  LOL  Except for those that have been "tried and true" friends!!  Those that have never been out of touch...and continue to touch my life; even when I let life keep me from returning the favor!!!  :-(

Brandon, It's nice to know that a person makes a good impression sometimes, and aren't forgotten....lol   Sorry that I haven't been in touch!! :-(   
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.