Main Menu

ABC Game 2

Started by Sis, August 28, 2008, 06:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy

Korah

Numbers 26:10-11
And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.
Notwithstanding the children of Korah died not.

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy

Mephibosheth

II Samuel 4:4

And Jonathan, Saul's son, had a son that was lame of his feet. He was five years old when the tidings came of Saul and Jonathan out of Jezreel, and his nurse took him up, and fled: and it came to pass, as she made haste to flee, that he fell, and became lame. And his name was Mephibosheth.

Tricia Lea

Nabal

1 Samuel 25:3 Now the name of the man was Nabal; and the name of his wife Abigail: and she was a woman of good understanding, and of a beautiful countenance: but the man was churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Caleb.

The Purple Fuzzy

Orpah

Ruth 1:4

And they took them wives of the women of Moab; the name of the one was Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth: and they dwelled there about ten years.

Tricia Lea

phinehas

Numbers 25:7 And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand;

The Purple Fuzzy

Queen of Sheba

II Chronicles 9:1

And when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon, she came to prove Solomon with hard questions at Jerusalem, with a very great company, and camels that bare spices, and gold in abundance, and precious stones: and when she was come to Solomon, she communed with him of all that was in her heart.

Tricia Lea

Rahab

James 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

The Purple Fuzzy

Samuel

I Sameul 3:10

And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth

Tricia Lea

Timothy

1 Timothy 1:2 (KJV) Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.   

The Purple Fuzzy

Uriah

II Samuel 11:11

And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.

Tricia Lea

Vashti

Esther 1:9 Also Vashti the queen made a feast for the women in the royal house which belonged to king Ahasuerus.

The Purple Fuzzy

Witch of Endor  (I can't think of any W names, can anyone else?)

I Samuel 28:7

Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and inquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.

Tricia Lea

ok had some help on this

Xerxes

Esther 1:1 (KJV) Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus, (this is Ahasuerus which reigned, from India even unto Ethiopia, over an hundred and seven and twenty provinces:)   

But in two ither translations it is spelt this

(GW)  In the days of Xerxes the following events took place. This was the same Xerxes who ruled over 127 provinces from India to Sudan.

(MSG)  This is the story of something that happened in the time of Xerxes, the Xerxes who ruled from India to Ethiopia--127 provinces in all.

thanks Tia

Backseat Radio

For the other hard one

Yehoshua (better known to us as Joshua)

Exodus 17:9 (HNV)  Moshe said to Yehoshua, "Choose men for us, and go out, fight with `Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with God's rod in my hand."

Exodus 17:9 (KJV) And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.

The Purple Fuzzy

I was going to use Yahweh...  but you beat me. ;)

Tricia Lea

Zephaniah

Zephaniah 1:1 The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah.

now what should be next  let me think a sec

Tricia Lea

Sweet things, could be candy, cakes, drinks, anything sweet

The Purple Fuzzy

Tricia Lea

Backseat Radio

Carmel Caribou Ice Cream

The Purple Fuzzy

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy