News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Long Distance Relationships.

Started by Cody P, May 23, 2008, 09:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newkris

romance?   hhhmm....  hadn't thought about that.....  :pwink:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: practicalme on May 24, 2008, 03:27:58 AM
If there is no one near you that is compatible, you have to import (or export) ;)

AMEN to that AMEN AMEN  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMENNN!!!!!!!

( they CAN work if you are willing to put fourth the TIME and EFFORT or it is doomed to fail )
*Ashley Thomas*
"Mistakes are part of the price you pay for KNOWLEDGE"

*Bro Harold Linder*
"if God Calls You. You Will be Happy"
"Many Are Called but Few are Chosen"

*Bro Tim Green*
"You cant have a testimony without aTest"

apsurf

Just haven't found anyone who would have been willing to put any effort into it... :smirk2:

RainbowJingles

Do I *believe* in long-distance relationships?  Ummm...  of course.  They exist.  Do I believe they're all right?  Nope.  Just like not all short-distance relationships are right.  A relationship is a relationship.  If it's meant to be...

:sing:

Ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough

apsurf

But if their hearts are somewhere else.....can they ever realize it was meant to be....

RainbowJingles

Well, if their heart is somewhere else, then perhaps it *wasn't* meant to be?

Newsman

Several years ago, I had a crush on a television reporter (female, of course, and charmingly so,) who said it would never work out between us, as she didn't do long distance relationships. Now, we lived 100 miles apart, a  distance I drive more than on many occasions for work each year. At least it was a nice way to decline interest.

I think each party in 'the relationship' needs to agree on terms..you can have a relationship that's not romantic in any way..you can have a relationship where it's 'romantic' being looked for from one part, but not by the other, and then, the happy instance (one would hope) where both parties are looking for a romantic relationship...yet, still there is no guarantee that they are each "the One" for the other.

Note: the first paranethtical statement I took from Robert Heinlein's book "Starship Trooper".

John  :waving:   

Brother Dad

Quote from: nwlife on May 24, 2008, 08:39:22 AM
But if their hearts are somewhere else.....can they ever realize it was meant to be....
I started talking to Sister Mom on Dec. 27, 2007.  She came up I am thinking around Jan. 15.  Before I ever laid eyes on her personally ( I had seen her on YouTube and she had sent me pictures in email) I knew that I had fallen in love with her.  When it is right you both will realize it.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Cody P

Well Bro.Dad , Thats exaclty how I feel for this girl. I have never seen her in person yet , however she is coming up here at the end of July , but anyways I have seen pics of her and have talked to her on the phone and she says she really " Loves Me" and I feel the same exact way towards her. I just dont know how my family is going to take it because they dont belive in love at first sight and they dont belive in Long Distance Relationships however I really really LOVE THIS GIRL !  :lol: , So now I have to find the best time to tell them , and find out how to tell them.
I Am A Child Of God !

Brother Dad

If God is in it, everything will work out. 

Sister Mom is GREAT wife, a great step mother to my kids as well as an awesome Nee-Nee to the grandkids.  She is much a part of the family.  My oldest son (who now Pastors the Church I started in Morganton, NC) says it is amazing how Sister Mom just fits in like a piece of puzzle going into the right spot.  When God does something it will work out right. 
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

okieoliveoyl

I met my hubby in Indiana...i was from Oklahoma.  700 or so miles seperated us.  We dated/were engaged for a year before we were married...and the hardest part was not seeing each other for more than 3 days or so here and there.  Right before we got married, we saw each other for a week..then it was adios till the wedding..3 months down the road.  HARD. 

Lots of prayer, phone calls, emails, letters...anything to keep "close"...

long distance can work...but it's hard.
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Cody P

I know that it is hard. but I am willing to work through that , If something is worth having its worth working for .
I Am A Child Of God !

Newsman

Great attitude, Brother!

And, though I not only am a Grumpye Olde Bachelor, and even more so, the Grumpyest of the Grumpye, good luck with the situation, and God's will!

John  :waving:

Cody P

Thanks Bro, Keep us in your prayers though b/c we could use all the prayers we can get. :lol:
I Am A Child Of God !

Amelia Bedelia

Quote from: newkris on May 23, 2008, 11:09:31 PM
all those places to stay and see, right mary?  i think mary is the queen of long distance and multiple relationships.
BOL I like the way you phrased that... hehe *takes a bow*  :hypocrite: (heh heh I misspelled that at first as "takes a boy" silly fingers...)

Yes, absolutely right - the more long distance friendships the better! and equal close proximity friendships are good too... more the maryer... make new friends and keep the old, silver and gold and all sorts of friendly sayings

SippinTea

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on May 25, 2008, 05:04:53 AM
Yes, absolutely right - the more long distance friendships the better! and equal close proximity friendships are good too... more the maryer... make new friends and keep the old, silver and gold and all sorts of friendly sayings

:biglaugh:

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Amelia Bedelia

did I type that?  :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

lol

silly name... have to make use of it sometime.... being as single as I am I've had to clarify so many times when I introduced myself in loud settings that the name is mary but I'm not

Newsman

newkris

that's our mary.  i thought it was an intentional play on words.  and it's a lovely name.  it rings. it's musical. 

kris, however, is just a statement.  maybe that's why some people call me kristene.  they think it's more . .  grown up?

i'll stick with kris in that case.  *smile*

as for long distance relationships, i'm thinking distance = time and i'm still good with the farther the better. 
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Cody P

Well I Think I am going to stay with this girl because we both keep praying and asking for Gods will to be done in our relationship and in our lifes and God just keeps on blessing us !! :biglaugh:
I Am A Child Of God !

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: newkris on May 25, 2008, 01:21:09 PM
that's our mary.  i thought it was an intentional play on words.  and it's a lovely name.  it rings. it's musical. 

kris, however, is just a statement.  maybe that's why some people call me kristene.  they think it's more . .  grown up?

i'll stick with kris in that case.  *smile*

as for long distance relationships, i'm thinking distance = time and i'm still good with the farther the better

for you or Thi?? lol   

I am all for long distance relationships thy are good but thy are HARD ( I would know! All my dating relationships have been long distance) but I am looking for one that is in a closer proximity * maybe with J.... A ..... :hypocrite:*
*Ashley Thomas*
"Mistakes are part of the price you pay for KNOWLEDGE"

*Bro Harold Linder*
"if God Calls You. You Will be Happy"
"Many Are Called but Few are Chosen"

*Bro Tim Green*
"You cant have a testimony without aTest"

Cody P

Well I hope that works out for you , beacause I have dated local girls and I have had no luck with them at all. , So I think I am going to stay with this one. I just have to figure a out to tell my family about her.
I Am A Child Of God !

newkris

honesty is the best policy. in all things.  especially when it comes to introducing people to your family.  but you don't have to tell everyone everything.

don't tell them that you have fallen in love with someone you have never met in person.  tell them that you have someone for them to meet. 

however, be totally open with your mother or father - whichever your closer with.  ask for their honest opinion in return.  and listen to them.  they aren't trying to hurt you, but trying to keep you from getting hurt.  so hear what they have to say.

you might be surprised.  they will pick up on stuff that you don't expect and they might be ready to meet her already.

if you are really in love, she has become part of your vocabulary, part of your conversation, part of your life.  your family already knows that.  truly.

so.  be honest.  be careful.  be attentive.  listen. 

see what God does.

and yeah, amanda, that's for me and Thi!  :pwink: 
me, too.

Cody P

I am really in Love with this girl ! , Im affraid to tell my dad which is the only parent I have because he dont belive in Long Distance Relationships.
I Am A Child Of God !

Chseeads

Be sure you're both willing to run back and forth between two places for the rest of your life for all the things that come up that necessitate visits.