News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

dingbats can count to three in dingbats thread # 33

Started by JonathanHarper, May 16, 2008, 04:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Where is Mel when I need a straight answer. :roll:

;)
Quote from: RainbowJingles on June 25, 2008, 06:00:46 PM
:laughhard:

Dingbats are just dingbats!!!!  If they knew what made them dingbats, they wouldn't be dingbats!  They'd be RECOVERING dingbats.

RainbowJingles

Sister_Mom

Actuallyl, I thin Melody gives the best answer on this one, especially since she was an "original" Dingbat.

But I'll try to satisfy your curiosity until she comes in with a more clear answer.

The Dingbats were originally a group of people who met up in Pensacola FL who found common ground when the "Ding"  :idea: became a "visible ding". When the light started coming on for the whole group, they all began to have understanding of hidden meanings and inside jokes and all around goofiness, the ding was visible everywhere and they became the Dingbats.
The group decided to stay in touch via GP and here they are were.  :-(

The Dingats were once thought to be a group of Floridians, but there was one in Texas and one in Indiana, then others wanted to be dingy...... er, ummmm, I mean, join the Dingbats, so now the Dingbats are from all over the states, and could become worldwide Dingbattiness. :silly:

Most of the Dingbats know each other in person, but many of them no longer post here and others have been adopted or didn't want to be adopted and became honorary Dingbats (truthfully, I think they are in Dingbat denial). So the commonality between the Dingbats? That remains to be the unanswered question.  :biglaugh: Maybe Melody can help there.  :freaky2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

The Purple Fuzzy

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

BOL!

Thanks Mom!! Thats great!

I read that to Jo on the phone, and she said you get :great: for that one! ;)

I will explain in a while. Im still on the phone. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

MelodyB

Ok..the Dingbats...

Yeah, in Aug of 2004, Justin and I went to Pensacola and met up with some friends of ours and went to Singles conference. We had a blast! And I took like 4 hours worth of hilarious video! It was awesome! During the course of the weekend, there were TONS of blonde moments provided by Jolene and Tiffany, and a few by my own self...when the light bulb did finally appear, we would shout "DING!" There are a few of those moments actually caught on the tape...

When the weekend was over, I convinced Jolene to join GP, and she did, Tiffany did too, but she fell by the wayside, and never posted after the first week. But Jolene was a staple here for quite awhile. She has since deserted us, but I will tell her to come back and make an appearance and post the picture of the 7 original Dingbats when I talk to her tomorrow. We made a thread here when we got back, and we called it the "Florida Dingbats" Thats how the name was born.

Since then, there have been many people here that we have convinced to become a Dingbat, but none have stuck around...Justin and I are the only remaining original ones that still post, with guest appearances by Jolene...like the one she will make tomorrow. :)

If I can ever get the Dingbat video on DVD, I will be posting the highlights of it on YouTube, and yall will have some awesome stuff to laugh at. :)

JonathanHarper

Quote from: MelodyB on June 26, 2008, 08:49:39 AM
Ok..the Dingbats...

Yeah, in Aug of 2004, Justin and I went to Pensacola and met up with some friends of ours and went to Singles conference. We had a blast! And I took like 4 hours worth of hilarious video! It was awesome! During the course of the weekend, there were TONS of blonde moments provided by Jolene and Tiffany, and a few by my own self...when the light bulb did finally appear, we would shout "DING!" There are a few of those moments actually caught on the tape...

When the weekend was over, I convinced Jolene to join GP, and she did, Tiffany did too, but she fell by the wayside, and never posted after the first week. But Jolene was a staple here for quite awhile. She has since deserted us, but I will tell her to come back and make an appearance and post the picture of the 7 original Dingbats when I talk to her tomorrow. We made a thread here when we got back, and we called it the "Florida Dingbats" Thats how the name was born.

Since then, there have been many people here that we have convinced to become a Dingbat, but none have stuck around...Justin and I are the only remaining original ones that still post, with guest appearances by Jolene...like the one she will make tomorrow. :)

If I can ever get the Dingbat video on DVD, I will be posting the highlights of it on YouTube, and yall will have some awesome stuff to laugh at. :)

wow what is it like to be an orginal ???? lol

MelodyB

JonathanHarper

i posted a picture of nicole's tummy ... here's a link to it : http://godplace.com/forum/index.php?topic=28014.0

Sister_Mom

You sure there's just one in there?  :eyebrow:

She is just beautiful!! I'm sure you are both very excited. :grin:

JonathanHarper

Yes, we are...  Who'd ever thought that Jonathan would settle down , grow up, get married, and start a family (i sure didn't) 

Well we have some big news we're thinking about either buiding  a house in wewa or moving in a few years and building a house some where else ( schools are the most important factor in this situation and of course church and work as well )

So melody when are you going to come up and see the house and baby's room ?

giggles

So when do we get to know what the baby is, already. What are you having a girl or a boy?

MelodyB

Quote from: Jonathan on June 27, 2008, 02:25:21 PM

After the 4th...Im kinda booked solid till after then.

MelodyB

Newsman

MelodyB

Hello! I am here...even if I am the only one...I am nothing if not consistant. :bigcheese:

Newsman

I often tell folks when I pull some stunt that, not only am I a jerk, but I am a Consistent jerk! :)

Yes, I know, not everyone agrees with my choice of terms  :P

John  :waving::bustamove:
Grumpyest of the Grumpye!

Jennie-lynnie

Quote from: Jonathan on June 27, 2008, 02:25:21 PM
   Yes, we are...  Who'd ever thought that Jonathan would settle down , grow up, get married, and start a family (i sure didn't) 

Well we have some big news we're thinking about either buiding  a house in wewa or moving in a few years and building a house some where else ( schools are the most important factor in this situation and of course church and work as well )

Indiana is always a nice place to live! lol. Not to mention that I LOOOOVVVE babies :D*

Sister_Mom

Indiana gets too cold, I just don't have a clue why anyone would want to live there.  :hypocrite:

Sis

Indiana is warm compared to Northern Minnesota. Minneapolis is closer to their climate.

MelodyB

Quote from: Sister_Mom on July 01, 2008, 08:37:05 PM
Indiana gets too cold, I just don't have a clue why anyone would want to live there.  :hypocrite:

:highfive:

Kinda like NC.

:hypocrite:

JonathanHarper

Quote from: Sister_Mom on July 01, 2008, 08:37:05 PM

Amen to that... besides pastor and I were talking the other night and he wants me to start a daughter work in a few years in a neighborhing city.. so we'll just have to see what's going on.  I'd like to hit the evangalistic field before I started a church; but we'll see what God has in store...