News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Ask Soggy Something

Started by sunlight, February 28, 2008, 11:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsalagi

Quote from: Chseeads on March 01, 2008, 05:53:31 AM
Is sunlight flirting with you? 

1. I dunno, I can't see her.  But I doubt it.  :)

sunlight

What is your most memorable camp memory?

Have you ever deep sea fished?

do you know how to rollerblade?

how old were you when you got your last spanking?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Tsalagi

Quote from: sunlight on March 01, 2008, 07:36:40 PM
What is your most memorable camp memory?

Have you ever deep sea fished?

do you know how to rollerblade?

how old were you when you got your last spanking?

1. Getting the Holy Ghost when I was nine at crusader camp

2. Nope

3. Yep.  We used to get in the parking garage at Baylor and ride the ramp down *shakes head*  We almost got squished several times and jumping the speed bumps without clocking our head on the overhead clearance bar was always a challenge.

4.  About 17...I just stood there and looked at her, and when I felt like the spanking was adequate for what I had done, I grabbed the belt and wouldn't let go.  Wasn't ugly about it, I just thought it was a bit ridiculous - me being as big as I was - and it didn't really hurt that much anyway.

Babs

How much Snow & Ice Equals 30 LBS. Per Sq. Foot?
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Tsalagi

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on March 04, 2008, 08:56:22 PM
How much Snow & Ice Equals 30 LBS. Per Sq. Foot?

Square foot?  If I answer that literally, ummm.  None.  A literal square is two-dimensional. 

A cubic foot, now...

:think:

...beats me!  I would think a cubic foot of ice might weight about 30 pounds, though...but since the freezing point of water is a constant...i dunno.

:grin:

sunlight

you confused me... what does the freezing point of water have to do with how much it weighs?

Tsalagi

Would 30 lbs of water be smaller than a cubic foot if it was frozen under high pressure?   Or larger if it were in a vacuum?

Aaargh!!!   ;)

:-?

:grin:

sunlight

but in your response, you didnt mention anything about size... just weight and the constant of freezing point... ?

Tsalagi

true. 

We have a one cubic foot space limitation, along with a 30 pound weight limit - so I was thinking *if* a cubic foot of frozen water weighed less than 30 pounds, would freezing it under pressure increase the density of the ice, or does the constant freezing point make that moot?

sunlight

true, but you are talking about ice- a solid... and not vapor- a gas... arent the sizes of a solid constant? even under pressure? isnt that one of the defining characeristics of it?

Tsalagi

It doesn't become a solid until after it's frozen.  Would putting the water under pressure increase the density of the ice as it froze (thus allowing more weight in a one cubic foot space)?

hmmmm, I dunno.  Looks like some rummaging around time is slated for lunch.  :D

sunlight

I always though it expanded at the same rate- whether underpressure or not... Isn't that one of the main reasons why they have to take care of cracks in the road in big chunks of concrete? and why the road gets major pot-holes in the winter?

and why cans explode when you put them in the freezer?
and why if you put the bottle in the fridge it will blow its top?
and... and ... and...

Envelope

How good of a nurse will Sunlight be??

(that's the only question I can think of)  he he

sharon

Tsalagi

Hooray!

Now the question becomes:

How much does exactly one cubic foot of ice weigh?

sunlight

Tsalagi

QuoteHow good of a nurse will Sunlight be??

Well, she wasn't bamboozled by my geekazoid flimflammery, so that says a thing or two lol

water under pressure doesn't became noticeably more dense, but the freezing point does lower..water under vacuum sublimates   :laughhard:

Quotedo you like to travel?

I'm not averse to the idea

sunlight

What do you do when you ask a question, and once you get the answer you are still as confused as before you got it... if not more so?

P.S.- I posted here next- cause for the next 5 min or so... i'm tied with you on post count!

Tsalagi

Quote from: sunlight on March 05, 2008, 11:07:21 PM
What do you do when you ask a question, and once you get the answer you are still as confused as before you got it... if not more so?

P.S.- I posted here next- cause for the next 5 min or so... i'm tied with you on post count!

A: Stay away from Buddhist monks.

Are you sure about that?

sunlight

Yup, i'm sure about that.

I'm sure it also wont last very long though... lol

Q: do you play any musical instruments?

SippinTea

Are you sure you don't want to join up with the Indy get together, just so's to meet Chel?  :up2:

And just in case you haven't seen her picture.... she's gorgeous. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Tsalagi

QuoteQ: do you play any musical instruments?

:-? I have several instruments that I make noise with from time to time.

QuoteAre you sure you don't want to join up with the Indy get together, just so's to meet Chel?

Now, see!  Just look at the way that question is phrased.  lol  "Am I sure I don't" :D

sunlight

ohh yeah... about that. I asked my teacher tuesday in clinical conference if it would be ok if i had a friends record it for me, and just listen to it later... and she was like "The days you are required to be here were written in the syllabus from before this class started. Your absence will not be excused. We told you on the first day of class not to plan interviews or anything else on class days, and by the way, you have a clinical conference that day as well. And you are scheduled to do a presentation on it. What are you going to do about that?"

I'm about ready to tell them to jump in a lake... just 64 more days... So yeah, thats where the trip to Indy stands for me.  I't not looking like it''s gonna happen.

Q: what do you do when you have someone *cough*ST*cough* who tell's people that you are something that you arent?

MelodyB

Have you ever been in a restaurant and discovered something in your food that shouldn't have been there?

If you could exchange places with any person from history, no longer alive, who would you want to have been?

What modern convenience should never have been invented?

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sis

Quote from: SippinTea on March 06, 2008, 01:55:19 AM
Are you sure you don't want to join up with the Indy get together, just so's to meet Chel?  :up2:
:beret:

*Confused* Why should he? They both live in Texas! LOL They SHOULD both have met me in San Antonio!

Have you ever been part of a drum?

You didn't mention which musical instruments you've made noise with. How good was the noise?

Tsalagi

Quote from: MelodyB on March 06, 2008, 10:30:20 AM
Have you ever been in a restaurant and discovered something in your food that shouldn't have been there?

If you could exchange places with any person from history, no longer alive, who would you want to have been?

What modern convenience should never have been invented?

1. other than getting the order wrong, nope.

2. I like being me.   :grin:

3. microwave oven, it kills any nutritional value the food might have had.