News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask MelodyB... Three!

Started by SippinTea, November 20, 2007, 07:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Just_in on December 03, 2007, 05:40:00 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on December 03, 2007, 05:31:46 PM
Nothing...Talk on the phone and surf the net...for real...

But I will explain that more later...Got to go to bed.

:)

No really there is nothing else to explain, she really does nothing at work, but be on the phone or the internet.

Justin!!!!  :laughhard:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

He is right...from 11pm to 4am, I dont do anything much except answer the buzzers if they go off.

I look after 12 people currently, and they are all asleep. Except Buzz, who has a weak bladder and he calls me at least once a night so I can empty his urinal. So I talk to Jennie, who is normally up all night too, and whoever else wants to call me while I am up all night. And I surf the net. Ruby is normally online for awhile, and I talk to her...but by 1am to 2am, the net pretty much dies cause everyone goes to bed. Thats when I play games online, or just do whatever...watch videos on YouTube, watch movies, or whatever else I decide to look up.

At 4am, I put my toys away, make some coffee, and get Buzz up, he has to have help getting dressed cause he is paralized. On Tuesday mornings, I strip his bed and wash his sheets. From 4:20-5:50, I read, if the papers are early, I can read one of them, or I read a book I bring. Last night I did most of my Christmas cards during that gap.

At 5:50, I make another pot of coffee, deliver the papers and pour 11 glasses of juice. Then I wake Gloria up at 6. I help her start getting dressed and while she is finishing, I prepare the meds for Leo, Mae and Bill. At 6:30, I push her to the dining room and pass out the meds. Make another pot of coffee.Then I go wake Marge up. Get her dressed, and push her to the dining room, by this time I am pushing it, normally by 6:50, I am done with everyone, and I have to take out the trash make a 4th pot of coffee. Make sure eyeryone is ok...and write my report about how slow it was, and sign the MAR to show I passed the meds. By that time my relief is supposed to be there and I can go home.

Thats pretty much it...nothing till 4, then nothing till 6...then running around solid till 7 when I get to go home. Sometimes they leave me some laundry in the laundry room and I wash and fold and put that away sometime during the night. On cold nights I let the dog in when I get there, and let him out when the sun comes up. Just little things here and there. Nothing big.

I LOVE MY JOB! 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Babs

how is the guy that fell doing?
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

He had surgery on Friday, and he is still in the hosp. He is headed to rehab when he gets out, and his Son and DIL came in on Saturday and said he might not be able to come back to us...we will see. They dont know if he will ever be able to walk again.

We are limited on the amount of care we can give...we are only an ALF.

Babs

awwww.......sorry to hear that, will keep him in prayers

My latest blog post.

Sis

That's terrible that they make those people get up so early. UGH.

If I make it to a ripe old age, I pray that I have enough money to stay in my own home. I'd hate to have to go according to some home's schedule. My whole life, I've been a night person and slept late. I only had a few jobs where I had to be at work at 8. Hated those. Wouldn't want to have to change my whole body clock because some home wants to make everyone go to bed with the chickens and get up with the old roosters. BLAH

MelodyB

Ummm I hate to tell you this, but we dont make them get up that early...If I didnt go down there to get Buzz up at 4, he would be ringing his buzzer and asking me why I am late getting him up...they WANT to get up that early...beats all I have ever seen. I have worked in ALFs for 7 years now, and both places I worked...residents started getting up at 3:30...they WANT to...its stupid...I agree with you, if I dont have to get up early, I wouldnt. Gloria has a cow if get busy and I am not in her room by 6:10. Everyone else gets up on their own (except Marge) and by the time I leave, EVERYONE is up and dressed...BY CHOICE.

Sis

You don't get up early, you stay up all night!   :laughhard:

I tell Stevebert the only way he can get me up at 4 am is if I just stayed up all night.  :thumbsup2:

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Are you breaking the law if you drive past those road signs that say "Do Not Pass"?
Move along, nothing to see here.

Sister_Mom

Oh boy!! You have asked the wrong person a road sign question.  :laughhard:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Babs

What's the opposite of opposite?

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

MelodyB

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on December 05, 2007, 01:41:41 PM
Are you breaking the law if you drive past those road signs that say "Do Not Pass"?

No, I dont think so, or else there would be a cop sitting there all the time so they can catch the people....now if you were to steal that same sign, maybe THAT is against the law.

Quote from: Sister_Mom on December 05, 2007, 02:41:00 PM
Oh boy!! You have asked the wrong person a road sign question.  :laughhard:

:nono:

:pound:

MelodyB

Quote from: MelodyB on December 03, 2007, 11:18:57 PM
He had surgery on Friday, and he is still in the hosp. He is headed to rehab when he gets out, and his Son and DIL came in on Saturday and said he might not be able to come back to us...we will see. They dont know if he will ever be able to walk again.

We are limited on the amount of care we can give...we are only an ALF.

Mr Mixon Passed away on Saturday.

RainbowJingles

Awww...  I'm sorry, Mel.  :-(  It can be tough to lose someone, huh?

Babs

ok so i was bored a bit here, and was reading through older threads, and i found one really interesting and just wondering if said event has happened yet?  :laughhard:

Quote from: MelodyB on May 09, 2007, 02:16:27 PM
AWWWWWWW  she is sooooo cute!!!

I CANNOT WAIT for little Mel-Mel to arrive!!

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on December 23, 2007, 03:08:25 AM
ok so i was bored a bit here, and was reading through older threads, and i found one really interesting and just wondering if said event has happened yet?  :laughhard:

Quote from: MelodyB on May 09, 2007, 02:16:27 PM
AWWWWWWW  she is sooooo cute!!!

I CANNOT WAIT for little Mel-Mel to arrive!!

:o :o :o :o

SippinTea

But of course! Go look in the parenting section under Melody Rose. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Yeah what she said ^

Little Mel-Mel is Jennie's baby, or what we have nicknamed "My Grandchild" and she is named after me, so she is little Mel-Mel :)

Babs

i know lol, just saw your statement and found it amusing lol, just ethyl being ethyl today lol

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Ah.

Anymore questions to keep my mind active?

Babs

why yes as a matter of fact i do.........have several things on my mind  :freaky2:

*Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

*Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?

*Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner,then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

*Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off

the table you always manage to knock something else over?

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on December 23, 2007, 07:29:53 AM

*Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

Because ice cream doesnt have bones.

Quote*Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?

Alex Trebekk

Quote*Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner,then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Because if we didnt, then the vacuum would stop picking up anything.

Quote*Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

Because I am groovy like that!

Sis

Ethel is a wise guy ............ gal!

Babs

very well done.

perhaps you know this next answer, perhaps you don't.

"I am a character in the bible"
"I Spoke"
"I did not go to heaven or hell"
"Who am I?"

be nice sis, or i will have to bump your ask thread lol

My latest blog post.