Nunya Business, W/SippinTea, but Ask Anyway

Started by Newsman, September 18, 2007, 07:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

I haven't been there, so I have no opinion as of yet. :)

Hmm... I may have to remedy that soon. ;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

So....what is the guy's name at the bank?

Have you asked him to church yet?

What does your Daddy say?

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

I don't know the name of that guy at your bank.

'Him' who? If you mean the guy at your bank.... Um... I haven't met him yet.

Haven't seen Daddy yet this morning, but when I do, I'm sure he'll say "good morning".

:P

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

MelodyB

Newsman

What is the name of the man who has caught your attention, in an atypical manner, that works at the bank where you do some of the banking of the company you work for?

John  :waving:

MelodyB

SippinTea

MelodyB

Tricia Lea

SippinTea

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on November 17, 2007, 05:52:20 PM
Yes, but no dates until Monday night. :P

*AHEM*

Is there somthing you need to tell me?

SippinTea

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on November 18, 2007, 01:12:32 AM
what is your favorite bible story and why?

Ooo, that's a tough one, Barb. :) So many good ones. *thinking hard* (I'll assume you mean stories other than the story of the Good News itself.)

The story of Joseph would certainly be towards the top of my list, because I admire his strength and character in the face of such incredibly difficult circumstances. Every time I read it I feel encouraged that God can take all the things that hurt me, all the things that I struggle through, all the times people mistreat and misuse me (even false accusations), all the times I don't understand... and still turn them into good things in my life.

Esther's story would also be a favorite, because even though it never actually mentions God, His hand is seen all the way through. This one reminds me that even when I don't see Him working... He is. And I can trust Him even when I don't understand.

Funny. Both of those are from the Old Testament. *thinks again* Favorite New Testament story would probably be Mary with the alabaster box, because I can identify with a number of things from her story.

Quote from: MelodyB on November 18, 2007, 02:36:31 AM
Quote from: SippinTea on November 17, 2007, 05:52:20 PM
Yes, but no dates until Monday night. :P

*AHEM*

Is there somthing you need to tell me?

Nope. :D

MelodyB

Babs

Quote from: SippinTea on November 18, 2007, 03:15:34 AM
Every time I read it I feel encouraged that God can take all the things that hurt me, all the things that I struggle through, all the times people mistreat and misuse me (even false accusations), all the times I don't understand... and still turn them into good things in my life.

QuoteThis one reminds me that even when I don't see Him working... He is. And I can trust Him even when I don't understand.

awesome thoughts. goes right along with what seems to be a theme with the other favorite stories  :thumbsup2:

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

Ya know what, Barb? That's funny you caught the 'theme' going on in the answers. I don't know that I would've picked up on that, but.... I've been thinking lately about how people's lives may play out differently, but underneath all the surface stuff we all still struggle with the very same issues.

MelodyB

Babs

yeah, normally what makes us struggle so is, we compare our insides to others outsides. when we look at other people all we can see is whats on the outside, and they appear to us to have it all together, then we compare that to our insides, and feel like something must be wrong with me, because i cant look on the outside like everyone else.

being alone so much like i am right now, i tend to feel that i am so much worse than everyone else, i must be really messed up, because from where i stand, everyone else has it so much more figured out.

but if i take time to listen to what others are really saying, (sometimes without saying) then i would know, i am afterall, normal.

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on November 18, 2007, 08:05:30 PM
yeah, normally what makes us struggle so is, we compare our insides to others outsides. when we look at other people all we can see is whats on the outside, and they appear to us to have it all together, then we compare that to our insides, and feel like something must be wrong with me, because i cant look on the outside like everyone else.

EXACTLY!!

*Hugs* Barb for understanding what I was trying to get at... and saying it better. ;)

Sister_Mom

being alone so much like i am right now, i tend to feel that i am so much worse than everyone else, i must be really messed up, because from where i stand, everyone else has it so much more figured out.

but if i take time to listen to what others are really saying, (sometimes without saying) then i would know, i am afterall, normal.

True.  :great:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Thats alot on the lines of what Mom and I discussed recently... and what Ruby and I have talked about recently too.

Not to mention that Bro Shambeau was talking about it this morning as well...

Dont yall just love how themes carry over into everything when God is trying to tell us somthing?

Awesome!

Babs

if you were stranded on a desert island with no way to be rescued anytime soon, what three things would you want to have with you?

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

My Bible, my Dad, and his hunting knife  :grin:

Okay, okay... if I can't have another person with me.... my Bible, a knife, and a shovel. :P

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

If you could visit any time period from history, which time period would you visit, and why?
Move along, nothing to see here.

SippinTea

Probably medieval times, for the silly reason that the upper-class ladies wore really beautiful clothes.  :lol:

Another would be the civil war era. The answer to 'why' is more serious on this one: I could see myself involved in freeing slaves. I don't necessarily agree with all the methods that were used, but the idea of setting captives free is one I believe in.