News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Cooking class

Started by InChristGirl, September 17, 2007, 01:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zizi90

Last night I prepared Overnight Caramel Apple French Toast. It's in the oven now, and if it turns out good, I will have recipe and pics up soon.

(I don't really understand this recipe though, because it doesn't call for caramel....go figure.)
www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog

Babs

normally they use the word caramel for caramelized, the process of cooked sugars
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

InChristGirl

You promised us pictures my dear!

:sofachair: 

You know how much I like pictures.

zizi90

Overnight Caramel Apple French Toast

(French Toast with an apple-pie-like filling baked underneath it, and topped with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and powdered sugar)

kkay

Ok..I just looked up a recipe for that and it looks kind of difficult, BUT do-able. Sounds delish!

zizi90

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on February 11, 2008, 08:33:46 PM
Ok..I just looked up a recipe for that and it looks kind of difficult, BUT do-able. Sounds delish!

Very easy recipe, I found it here, only I used Maple Syrup instead of corn Syrup. :)

lojack

*goes down on bended knee and pops the big question lol         

Man, just looking at that is making me wanting to go to the store and buy the ingredients  :pound:
Date me before i become famous :o  and for the people who say they can't see my avatar...   http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0092yi2.jpg

SippinTea

BOL! I knew it!!

I saw lojack had posted in the cooking class thread, and says I to myself... "Lojack has proposed to one or both of the gals."

And lo and behold (or is that lo and jack), he has! *grin*

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

NessasMama

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

zizi90

:o let's just hope Newsman stays out of the cooking forum....

SippinTea

P'raps I should send him a link. Then there would be a bachelor for each of you.  :P

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

zizi90

:o :o :o

...lol, please...i have enough people up here after my cooking already....

j/k.

InChristGirl

You kow what they say Paulina, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach."

MMmmmmm......someone after your cooking?  :freaky2:

zizi90

InChristGirl

After your wonderful broccoli perhaps? :freaky2:

zizi90

sarah, you're weird.....  :hypocrite:

hey...you know those cookies we were making Sunday?...they came out really goooood.  ;)

kkay

I need to cook more :smirk2:

I'm going to try making chicken fajitas this weekend. Hopefully it'll turn out alright *fingers crossed*

InChristGirl

Quote from: zizi90 on February 12, 2008, 07:08:24 PM
sarah, you're weird.....  :hypocrite:

hey...you know those cookies we were making Sunday?...they came out really goooood.  ;)

Everyone liked them? :fork:

Making homemade pizzas for dinner :clap:Mine's gonna be a "ultimate veggie pizza" I think I'm gonna make homeade sauce to go on them too.

zizi90

Oooh...sounds yummy. We're having (homemade) fish fillet sandwiches...

lojack

Quote from: SippinTea on February 12, 2008, 02:18:19 AM
BOL! I knew it!!

I saw lojack had posted in the cooking class thread, and says I to myself... "Lojack has proposed to one or both of the gals."

I'd marry one of them, but it would prolly cause a major ruckus in the kitchen since i love to cook as well.  we'd be jockying for position the whole time lol.  i'd let her make the toast, and i'd cook the main meal.  but she'd prolly poke me with a fork to get me out of the way kekeke
Date me before i become famous :o  and for the people who say they can't see my avatar...   http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0092yi2.jpg

InChristGirl

Quote from: lojack on February 13, 2008, 12:04:09 AM
Quote from: SippinTea on February 12, 2008, 02:18:19 AM
BOL! I knew it!!

I'd marry one of them, but it would prolly cause a major ruckus in the kitchen since i love to cook as well.  we'd be jockying for position the whole time lol.  i'd let her make the toast, and i'd cook the main meal.  but she'd prolly poke me with a fork to get me out of the way kekeke

I hope you like it burnt :flamingmad: :burn: :angry:

zizi90

:o...that's a little frightening sarah....

& yes, lojack, seems she is the kind of girl that would probably stab you with a fork (on top of burning the toast) if you didn't let her cook the main meal.

zizi90

speaking of cooking, I just found a recipe online for "frumpkins" (pumpkin pieces dipped in a root beer batter and then fried in oil) it sounds really yummy! (& fattening)

Melody

ooh, try it and tell us. I'm interested.

zizi90