News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Ask A Grump!

Started by Newsman, June 26, 2007, 12:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Quote from: Newsman on August 01, 2007, 11:31:20 AM
Blue eyes..and yes, tis very rare with raven hair, but ooh, without compare!  :thumbsup2:

:biglaugh:

Quote from: Newsman on August 01, 2007, 11:31:20 AM
Never been ice-fishing..fishng in cold weather yes, and have a funny story about a
then-grilfriend to go with it, but never true ice-fishing.

Ooo, another story! You _are_ going to tell it, aren't you? :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Sister_Mom

Ruby!!  :nono: He's a genltleman, he doesn't "fish and tell".

:laughhard:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Well, for Lady SippinTea I'll make an exception?

I hadn't been in church long, and the woman I'm referring to was the second or third person I'd dated since getting in church..in fact, she was a 'Chrustmas present' from another bachelor, but that could be another story for another time.

She was a fiery and passionate redhead, wanted to boss me around, but didn't seem angry when it didn't work.

We were talking on the phone one day, and I mentioned going fishing. She said "It's too cold to go fishing," which, as any self-respecting Grumpye Olde Bachelor will tell ya, is iron-clad proof you now NEED to go fishing.

It wasn't all that cold, 29 degrees, but the wind chill was 14. I shocked some innocent minnows by taking them from a nice minnow tank in a store to cold winter wind-swept rocks on a lakeshore.

I didn't catch anything, but I didn't let a woman tell me what to do!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Newsman on August 01, 2007, 08:15:38 PM
We were talking on the phone one day, and I mentioned going fishing. She said "It's too cold to go fishing," which, as any self-respecting Grumpye Olde Bachelor will tell ya, is iron-clad proof you now NEED to go fishing.

:laughhard:  :great: for you Newsman.

You got a date with a redhead for Christmas one year?  :o

World Traveler would be so jealous.  :freaky2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Newsman

:laughhard: It was World Traveler that 'gave' her to me!  :laughhard:

John

Newsman

I suppose, before the above gets too far misunderstood, that I should tell that story.

World Traveler and I've known each other for over 15 years. There was a woman that some friends of his wanted to fix him up with. He (probably wisely,) declined, but instead let Me be fixed up with her (guys do that sort of stuff for friends, don't know if women do, and I'll leave it to your own cognitive processes how thoughtful it is to let a friend be fixed up with someone you wouldn;t date.)

The woman and I dated for a while, but eventually broke up. As a side note for thiose of you who only know me to date younger women, she was five years older than I..although our youth group apparently thought she was quite a bit more old than that..and I just found that out a year or two ago.  :biglaugh:

Sister_Mom

The idea of letting a friend be fixed up with someone you wouldn't date could be a very thoughtful thing. Sometimes a person can have many great qualities, but due to personality differences and having nothing in common, no matter how "great" both parties are, nothing "clicks". So, it's not always a bad thing.  :thumbsup2:

On the other hand, if someone passes off a woman on you because of lack of any qualities, you might want to ask them what you did to bring that on.  :o

RainbowJingles

I didn't catch anything, but I didn't let a woman tell me what to do!  :thumbsup2:

:laughhard:

Men!  Hmmppphhhh!!!!!

SippinTea

She said "It's too cold to go fishing," which, as any self-respecting Grumpye Olde Bachelor will tell ya, is iron-clad proof you now NEED to go fishing.

Naturally! It makes perfect sense!  :laughhard: (But I'm feeling a tad sorry for the minnows. LOL)

Quote from: Newsman on August 01, 2007, 08:33:41 PM
He (probably wisely,) declined, but instead let Me be fixed up with her (guys do that sort of stuff for friends, don't know if women do,

Yes, yes, they certainly do. *grin*

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

MelodyB

SippinTea

Oh yeah? Ya think so? Watch this....

You can have him, Mel!! ;)

MelodyB

Ummmm

Who are we talking about again?

SippinTea

Let's see....

Bob...Jason...Mark....Ken....Byron....

You can have ANY of them!!

Matter of fact, you can have ALL of them!!  :grin:

MelodyB

Do you have a Kevin in that mix? Maybe with a last name of Bishop? I havent found him yet and I have been looking for him for about 4 years now... Hmmmm

Newsman

:o The Kevin Bishop I know got married last year! He's a police officer, and not an Apostolic, ot my knowledge. :)

Quote from: MelodyB on August 02, 2007, 04:40:30 AM
Do you have a Kevin in that mix? Maybe with a last name of Bishop? I havent found him yet and I have been looking for him for about 4 years now... Hmmmm

MelodyB

You really know a Kevin Bishop?

WOW :o

Its just a joke around here, I had a dream once that I married a guy named Kevin Bishop, and since then whenever I talk to anyone about getting married, I tell them I am holding out for him! But, it was one of those stupid dreams that I dont think has any meaning, so yall can keep your Kevins to yourself. LOL And luckly, I have never met one so far!

Sister_Mom

Actually it seems he was a movie star.  :teeth:

He played in the Muppet Treasure Island movie, he's the one that's not green.  ;)

MelodyB

I can not believe you searched him out....I think I like Kermit better...LOL

Sister_Mom

I'll be sure and let Anthony know.  :thumbsup2:

MelodyB

I almost spelled Kremit...LOL

SippinTea

Quote from: Sister_Mom on August 02, 2007, 03:16:09 PM
I'll be sure and let Anthony know.  :thumbsup2:

BOL!!  :highfive:  Nice one!

RainbowJingles

Dear Mr. Grump,

In your professional opinion, what is the best newspaper to read?

Why do you recommend it?*

Sincerely,
Trying-to-become-more-edjumacated near San Francisco

*Is it because the personals ads are full of perfectly cold and abusive women?

p.s.
:hyper: I'm gettin' a 'puter! :hyper:

Newsman

Dear Edjumacated,

Having currently no shortage of women that I'd consider asking out so that I could become grumpyer and then retreat into solitude from, I'm not currently looking at any singles ads in a newspaper (now I'm on match.com and a few other online singles sites.)

For a hard-copy newspaper, I like the USA Today..pretty readable stuff. the only two online papers I'm subscribed to are the Washington Post and the New York Times..Both have pretty fair morning heads-up e-mails to show the main stories in the paper, with links to the stories..of the two, I think the Post has more of what I'm interested in.

Sorry, but the San Francisco Chronicles didn;t make my list..I risk being tagged a liberal already with the Post and the Times.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Newsman on August 02, 2007, 11:52:50 PM
Dear Edjumacated,

Having currently no short women that I'd consider asking out so that I could become grumpyer and then retreat into solitude from, I'm not currently looking at any singles ads in a newspaper (now I'm on match.com and a few other online singles sites.)

Hmmm...  You can't find any short women?  You poor thing!