Main Menu

Hair website

Started by Charlene, August 28, 2006, 03:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChangedByGod

alohilani

Quote from: Chseeads on September 26, 2006, 08:43:43 PM
I HAVE HAIR

That's why he's here, girls - he wants to learn to do himself a little chinese bun. :hypocrite:

*Christi*

Quote from: Chseeads on September 26, 2006, 08:43:43 PM
I HAVE HAIR, thank you very much.....most of it's just not on my head, that's all....   :smirk2:

:P :lol:

nobody wants to know about your gorilla-ness!!  blech!

Oh and Sarah, I'll work on some pics but they will have to be with my phone.  My digital camera got busted and the new one I just ordered won't be here until Friday.

Melody

Chinadoll

I did it with the braids and pulled the stick.

It looks cute.

:)

Nai

Roxie

Quote from: CRStrom on September 26, 2006, 07:44:25 PM
Ok... I tried the chinese bun a new way and LOVE it!!!

First let me say that when Nai said to angle the sticks, I assume she meant to put the sticks in parallel to each other and off kilter, ie I put them in at about a 60 degree angle.  cute cute cute

What I did last night was put the chopsticks in like an X and then weave the hair around the 4 ends instead of 2.  It looks much weavier and simply adorable!!

Seth, HUSH... You have NO hair, why are you even in here??

I'd love to see a picture of how you did this... sounds great...
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Envelope

these are very Bad pics..........I took them myself and my arms just aren't that long........LOL

This is after coming home from a picnic, no hairspray, and my hair in good need of washing........but thought I'd see about a pic or 2.....

the chinese bun (with a scrunchie) .......I alternate between using a scrunci and a pony tail rubber band so that I don't break my hair off....

my new hairstick..

really close up......

the top part of my hair...........

sharon

*Christi*

Ummm... ok... that's not how I do mine... LOL

That's cute but not how I do it... hmmm... Oh and I buy the Goody Ouchless pony tail holders and they don't break my hair at all.

I'm gonna try to get some pics now...

Envelope

oh yes......please dooooo....
I would love to see the x thing too.......

I'll have my hubby take better pics tomorrow........(plus I'm washing my hair first thing in the morning......LOL)

sharon

Envelope

this is the pic from the longhairloom website............about chinese buns........

hope this helps some.......
sharon

*Christi*

Yep... I'm doing something completely different but it's really cute!!  I had my coworker take some pics with my phone just now.  I will take better and step by step pics when I get my new camera.

Keep in mind that I just did these sitting at my desk at work... they usually look much weavier and much sleeker...

Here's what I've been doing as the chinese bun...LOL

And here is the one with the X

alohilani

Chinadoll

Very cute Christi!   :)

Nai

Melody

I don't own any hairsticks...... now I have to get some!

acjmom

mine looks pretty much like cristie's and/or the bottom 3 pics that sharon posted.

sharon,
i think i may know why your's looks different...  it looks like you're taking the hair over the top of the stick, then wrapping around the back.  to get it to look like cristie's and some of the others, you have to take the hair under & up behind the sticks, criss-cross over the front side, then wrap around the back.  *hope that's understandable*
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Nelle

Curious..

Is it possible (without the hair falling down) to do these without chopsticks? Or do it with them and then after the wrapping or whatever, to take them out? I've never really been keen on chopsticks, so I was just wondering if that were possible!!

acjmom

you would have to pin and spray it really good to keep it from falling when you remove the sticks.

btw.... i love the way it just tumbles down when you pull the stick  :grin:
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Nelle

Quote from: acjmom on September 27, 2006, 06:31:22 PM

. . . .

People like to mess with my hair.. I probably shouldn't do this hairdo with a stick then, haha.

Envelope

ok.....been playing, but I think I know what crstrom may do differently......

I tried wrapping each piece 1 at a time (like in a figure 8) around the stick.  It looks a lot more like hers, but not the same....hmmmm

In the pic I posted from the web site, I really like the ones called Martine and Avalon........they're similar, but not the same.....

sharon

*Christi*

Quote from: acjmom on September 27, 2006, 06:31:22 PM
you would have to pin and spray it really good to keep it from falling when you remove the sticks.

BOL... I have to say something about this...

Josh thought he would be sexy and slide the sticks out so my hair would tumble down... he didn't realize it was in a ponytail first... he was SO disappointed!!  hahaha

I criss cross back and forth over and over until there's only like 6-8" left and then wrap around to secure it... does that make sense??

acjmom

yeah, i put mine in a ponytail first too, but the tumble is still neat  ;)

MsJennJenn

K here is a few rough pictures I took myself haha of how I do mine.

I divide mine into two, and then twist once, and then wrap up above the hairstick, and then back down....hope these pictures show it ok lol....

Twisting up:

Twisting back down:

I also do the little poof thing thats in these days with it. It looks super cute. Ive gotten alot of compliments. Mind you too my hair is permed so I have the whole wet/wavy look going on in these pictures... lol

The messy one :

The tad sleeker one, which you can see some of my poof in this one:

Oh yea and I love how it tumbles down too haha

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chinadoll

You can pin it securely and take the pins out.

I do it frequently.

Nai

acjmom

my hair is so long that i criss-cross it over the stick 2-3 times before wrapping the ends around..... i'll try to get some pics soon (camera batteries are dead right now)

Chseeads

Here's a Chinese bun for ya...