BlackBerry Coffee Cake

Started by Roscoe, March 03, 2012, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Hi. Welcome to Roscoe's Recipe Box. If you haven't noticed, every time I find a recipe that I think I'll need again, it gets posted here. If someone wants to try it, help yourself.   But to be honest, I'm on this site daily, and when I'm baking I'm usually browsing here, thus- recipes. Easier to find here than on a million slips of paper.  Needless to say- if I like it, it is doubtless rich, or fattening, or unhealthy or a combo of the three. Try 'em at your own risk.  :laughhard:

Blackberry Coffee Cake

1/2 cup of butter, softened
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
2 cups flour ( I used self-rising, so I skipped the next two ingredients)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 can (21 ounce) Blackberry pie filling
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour (baking powder and salt too, if you didn't use selfrising). Pour into buttered 13x9 pan. Spoon pie filling over the top: swirl. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden. Cool. Blend remaining ingredients and drizzle over cake. Should serve twelve normal people or three Roscoe or Minis. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Pie filling... Hmph!  :roll:

Sorry, I know, not everybody has blackberry bushes behind their house.  But man, before I'd use canned pie filling...

Mebbe you oughta come up here and pick a 5 gallon bucket of blackberries sometime.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

I am going to try this!  & to make it guilt free is easy.  Replace just some of the flour with whole wheat, flax in place of eggs & fresh or frozen berries drizzled with warmed raw honey & a little less sugar. No compromise on comfort or taste.

Roscoe

I liked it! I left mine in the oven a tad longer- new oven, and I wasn't used to it, plus the oven self was one "notch" lower than normal. Result was slightly too browned on the bottom, but quite tasty- and RICH.

And Isaac- :P. At this time of the year, ya gotta rely on canned stuff. Ain't no fresh blackberries available yet. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

That's what freezers are for.  ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: