News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe's Acceptance Speech...

Started by Roscoe, January 13, 2012, 11:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Forgive me for getting sappy....

But thanks to all for voting me Poster of the Year, 2011. I am truely grateful to have found this little corner of the internet, and tend to use it as a place to go when real life is just too much, as well as a daily "hang-out".
  I know everytime I check in, I'll get to see what's going on in some of my friend's lives, I'll invariably be encouraged by someone, and in general will be a better man for having wandered by.
You nuts have became as important to me as my morning Dr Pepper, and those of you that know me in real life know that's saying something. I hope that someway, through all of the useless drivel I post, something I say helps someone and encourages them..

It is especially humbling to have this honor as my competition was two much better men than I, two that I am proud to call my friends, nay, my brothers. Mini and Taco will never truely understand what their friendship, in particular, means to me. As a new minister,coming from a VERY secular job, it has been invaluble to have them to bounce thoughts off of and know that they have my back in prayer. Either of them would have been much better suited for poster of the year than I, and just so they know, I voted for them.  :lol:

The past year has not been the best for many of us, and the happiness I feel from this honor is tempered by more than a touch of sadness by knowing that my good friend Yoop is not present in the flesh to celebrate and heckle me over beating him out. I am sure he would have been competition as well. So Yoop, lean over the edge of that cloud- a pretty solid one I'm sure-  :laughhard: and check this out........ :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2:  :great: :thumbsup2: :great: :thumbsup2: :great: Love and miss you, brother!  :waving:
May God Bless each one of you as richly as you have blessed me each and every day. I sincerely hope that 2012 will be the best year ever for my Godplace family.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Hope harder, it's not working yet.  :smirk2:

MelodyB

Awe! I'm gonna cry!

I don't think I ever gave a speech. Haha. Oh well, too late.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kmymbir

Mel you slacker!
I cried, it was lovely, I'm so glad I could be a part of this!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Melody

Now that you're a politician elected to office, we must do ALL we can to see you don't become corrupted! 

I'd say, stay connected to your grass roots, but I think you're pretty close as it is.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 14, 2012, 02:51:15 AM
Now that you're a politician elected to office, we must do ALL we can to see you don't become corrupted! 

I'd say, stay connected to your grass roots, but I think you're pretty close as it is.
Mellow Yellow, as long as you are my friend, I am sure I will be well connected with my grass...roots :laughhard:
You are my offical supplier, after all. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

I just got the funniest look from APB and his mom for dying laughing and about falling off my chair. You all are crazy....

So what political promises do you promise to break in 2012 our dear POTY? lol  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

That's the thing, he didn't make any.  He got elected solely on his charm and good looks. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

THAT'S IT! 

I'm making eye doctor appointments for every last one of us! 

RainbowJingles

Nice speech, Roscoe!  :-)  Congrats!

And Mel: It's NEVER too late for an acceptance speech!  Go post one!  Resurrect a REALLY old thread.  Better yet: create a NEW one!  :bigcheese:

Scott

Quote from: RainbowJingles on January 14, 2012, 07:37:32 AM
Nice speech, Roscoe!  :-)  Congrats!

And Mel: It's NEVER too late for an acceptance speech!  Go post one!  Resurrect a REALLY old thread.  Better yet: create a NEW one!  :bigcheese:

Mel can give a farewell speech!  Not leaving, but farewell as reining poty!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

mini

A huge congrats to my great friend! 
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

You switched your adjectives didn't you?  ....great congrats to your huge friend....

Roscoe

Isaac- I was REALLY leaning on the "charm" part of that equation.  :laughhard:
Quote from: Chseeads on January 14, 2012, 01:22:12 PM
You switched your adjectives didn't you?  ....great congrats to your huge friend....

:pound: :pound:

Now that I've been properly respectful and humble...
  :sing: :sing:"I'VE GOT IT! I'VE GOT IT! THERE'S SOMETHING 'BOUT THE POWER OF POTY, AND I'VE GOT IT, OH, I'VE GOT IT!"  :sing: :sing:
:P :P :P :P :P :P :bigcheese:

Chseeads

Well, it's already gone to your head.  :freaky:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on January 14, 2012, 06:02:22 PM
Well, it's already gone to your head.  :freaky:

As short as he is, it didnt take much!  :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Congrats to my brother from another mother!!!

Now just don't make us regret voting for you!! lol :-P
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

:rofl:

Oh! My! Goodness! This thread started out by almost making me cry... and then making me ROFL. You all are insane! But hilariously insane. ;) *Hugs all her lovely GP friends*

Nice speech, you crazy cop dude. ;)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air