News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The way out church? Founded by Lady Hash?

Started by taco_harvell, January 24, 2012, 03:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

This church is just down the road from our church it is an actual church.

I was thinking it sounds like the perfect church for MY....  :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

Here is the church web page  Click Here

The vision of our church is:
to house a 24 hour daycare; Battered Women's Shelter; Men's Home; Youth Center; After-School Tutorial Program; Restored Vessels Rehabilitation Center; Adult Home for the Elderly; K-12 Education Center (Vo-Tech school, GED Program).

QuoteThe mission of our church is to be committed to:
    To teach the un-compromised Word of God to a dying secular world and bring revival to those whose spirit lye dormant and complacent;
    To change lives by breaking and destroying the generational curses that has caused a drought in the children of God's marriages, finances, family, health, and all else that pertains to life;and
    To continuously allow the works of God to be manifested in our lives so that men, women, boys, and girls will forever walk in his presence.
    To invest/give back to the community.
    To please God in all that we do.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

taco_harvell

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 24, 2012, 06:15:49 AM
What do they preach?

Not the truth. Thier website also has the ABC's of salvation and it's wrong wrong wrong.

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 24, 2012, 04:13:36 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 24, 2012, 06:15:49 AM
What do they preach?

Not the truth. Thier website also has the ABC's of salvation and it's wrong wrong wrong.
Probably has something to do with the hash....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I knew someone would make that comment, but I had to ask anyway.   :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

taco_harvell

Quote from: Scott on January 24, 2012, 05:46:49 PM
Maybe Hash is their real last name.
It apparently is but with that last name I think I would have found a more laid back church name.

Lynx

It was probably intentional, playing off their last names.  If it gets people's attention they might come just out of curiosity.  Then some of those might stay.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

There was a very dear old lady who helped raise me as a baby/child who I called Ma Hash (as Hash was her last name). When she got very sick when I was in high school I would go read the bible to her for hours every day that I could.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

I don't get it.  I'm guessing 'hash' is a word for drugs?  I haven't heard it before though.

taco_harvell

Hash is short for hashish which is part of the cannabis plant. Some people call pot hash for this reason. I use to know a guy who called it that and for a long time I didn't know what he was talking about. lol

Chseeads

Oh, look at MellowYellow playing innocent...

We all know better.  :P

Lynx

And "4-20" as well.  If you hear someone say her friends are "4-20 friendly" that means they don't care if you light up a joint.  Apparently April 20th is pot smokers' holiday.

How do I know?  When I worked at Taco Bell one of the teenagers would make a big fuss every time the order total came to $4.20.  "Woohoo, 4-20!"
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 27, 2012, 06:09:18 AM
And "4-20" as well.  If you hear someone say her friends are "4-20 friendly" that means they don't care if you light up a joint.  Apparently April 20th is pot smokers' holiday.

How do I know?  When I worked at Taco Bell one of the teenagers would make a big fuss every time the order total came to $4.20.  "Woohoo, 4-20!"
I have a friend that I go to swap meets with occasionally that was a pot smoker years ago....I suspect occasionally now, but he's respectful of my job and beliefs and doesn't mention it. We were at a swap meet a few years back and I bought a 1952 license plate for Sam that was number "520", I believe.  I think I shocked him to death when I told him it was too bad it didn't say 420, because that wouldv'e been a funny plate on a cop's ride. He didn't know I knew anything about it....I never used the stuff, but I had some stoner friends in high school....... :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison