News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Broswer address changes???

Started by World Traveler, September 22, 2011, 12:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Traveler

I just tried to access one of my banks to check my activity and if I owe anything. As I typed in the address in the browser it changed the www to a www2. I tried this several times and it always happened. I risked it and the bank came up and everything seemed to work okay as I accessed my account.

My question: what is a www2?

Secondly, I noticed that www.godplace.com stillw works, but the browser shows it as www.mission238.com. Wazzup?
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Lynx

I have no idea about the bank.  This forum is now mission238.com because... of a long story which is best not to get into.  The short version is that "mission238.com" is the preferable option right now, and "godplace.com" will redirect to there.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

I'll get into it. 

Godplace.com  has to be renewed on a regular basis, the person who owns that domain name is not that active with the board these days - he is also somewhat hard to get in contact with. So we changed the domain name and Jerry is taking care of keeping it active.

:copcar:

Here is your answer about WWW2
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

World Traveler

Oh... ok. Thanks. (And thanks to Jerry, too).
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Chseeads

Even after reading that www2 thing, it didn't make a great lot of sense to me. lol

He-Man

It's just a way of not putting too much of a heavy load on one web server. as long as the www part changes but the bankname.com part doesn't, you're probably fine.
%41%61%72%6F%6E

Lynx

The explanation of www2 made sense to me, but then I'm a nerd. 

I just wonder how many amazon.com has.  www5904.amazon.com?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"