News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

So you have one wish....

Started by mini, January 14, 2011, 02:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

From a blog I read:

Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. Very casual. On to this week's topics of discussion...

A genie has granted you one wish, but there are strict parameters—mainly, your wish can only undo something you've already done, and it must be something you did in high school. On what would you like to hit the undo button (or control-Z, if you will)?

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

I would've applied to more colleges with my ACT scores.

Lynx

Undo, nothing.  I was a nerd in high school, but a fairly quiet one.  I ignored the popularity junk and the popular people ignored me and we were both happy with that.  Probably a few things I would have done that I didn't do though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Lynx

It was a lot more peaceful though cheese.  I had already observed grown-ups didn't pay much attention to what my peers thought was important (mostly who was going out with whom, who had what dress or hairstyle, etc) so I didn't give a flying flitter what most of them thought anyway.  And for sure it saved me a lot of peer pressure grief in the drugs/cigarettes/alcohol department.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

upcchris

To not have said a few foolish things that I had said in High School... changing that would not have a huge impact on later life...as some other things might have....but we live and learn
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Scott

Hitting that guy with my guitar.. I really should have used a tire iron (I really liked that Guitar)
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Roscoe

Quote from: Scott on January 17, 2011, 03:34:44 AM
Hitting that guy with my guitar.. I really should have used a tire iron (I really liked that Guitar)
:laughhard: :laughhard:

:cophat:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Geri

I would wish to undo a friendship that I had all through high school and into the first couple of years of college. It was a pretty unhealthy friendship, in that I was a follower, and she really took advantage of me. I was pretty much her "backup friend" and her chauffeur for quite a while. I finally realized that she only called me when she needed a ride somewhere, and we never ended up doing what we planned, after sitting in a ghetto hair salon for 4 hours on a Saturday, then going to the promised picnic, only to find out it was her mom's friend's family's picnic, and I was basically their ride.

I think I would be slightly less critical/wary of ppl who wanted to befriend me if I hadn't gone through that.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Not dated that Mormon Chick... LOL, she caused me some terrible heartache, and I know I caused her some as well... I would be so much better off without that whole situation... but on the brightside of things... it was the only girl I ever dated (in HS)... LOL

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

Quote from: YooperYankDude on January 17, 2011, 10:34:10 PM
Not dated that Mormon Chick... LOL, she caused me some terrible heartache, and I know I caused her some as well... I would be so much better off without that whole situation... but on the brightside of things... it was the only girl I ever dated (in HS)... LOL
Please, please tell me that you didn't date any guys in high school.  :laughhard: :laughhard:

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: five-oh on January 17, 2011, 10:58:35 PM
Quote from: YooperYankDude on January 17, 2011, 10:34:10 PM
Please, please tell me that you didn't date any guys in high school.  :laughhard: :laughhard:

LOL... You can be rest assured... I did not date any guys either... I just never did see the point of dating in HS... and that was 12th grade when I finally dated her. It was ill-fated from the start... lol.

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Lynx

Mormon isn't so bad for a misadventure in dating.  It could have been much, much worse.  For a lot of people it is. 
"Do you sing at church?"

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 17, 2011, 11:29:18 PM
Mormon isn't so bad for a misadventure in dating.  It could have been much, much worse.  For a lot of people it is.

This one was! LOL... you wouldn't have known she was Mormon... I'll just leave it at that...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Melody

Quote from: Geri on January 17, 2011, 08:19:05 PM
I would wish to undo a friendship that I had all through high school and into the first couple of years of college. It was a pretty unhealthy friendship, in that I was a follower, and she really took advantage of me. I was pretty much her "backup friend" and her chauffeur for quite a while. I finally realized that she only called me when she needed a ride somewhere, and we never ended up doing what we planned, after sitting in a ghetto hair salon for 4 hours on a Saturday, then going to the promised picnic, only to find out it was her mom's friend's family's picnic, and I was basically their ride.

I think I would be slightly less critical/wary of ppl who wanted to befriend me if I hadn't gone through that.

I second that.  I had one that I don't think was really ever my friend. I heard something that I know she had said and got the nerve to ask her about it.  She was exposed, apparently I made good pun fodder. She flipped and picked a fight w/ me, as if I offended her by asking.  That's when it was over and I'm glad. Within a week we actually did get in a fight and suspended.  It does make you wonder if people are your friends or are they talking negatively about you behind your back. 

oh well.  In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence. Pro 14:26a

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 18, 2011, 03:54:10 PM
Quote from: Geri on January 17, 2011, 08:19:05 PM

I second that.  I had one that I don't think was really ever my friend. I heard something that I know she had said and got the nerve to ask her about it.  She was exposed, apparently I made good pun fodder. She flipped and picked a fight w/ me, as if I offended her by asking.  That's when it was over and I'm glad. Within a week we actually did get in a fight and suspended.  It does make you wonder if people are your friends or are they talking negatively about you behind your back. 

oh well.  In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence. Pro 14:26a

Having met you, its hard to imagine you getting in a fight...LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

I take that as the highest compliment.  The Lord has surely done a work in my life.  I'll have to see some time if I have any pictures of my hair in braids. lol

And.. I totally lost.   

mini

Early picture of MellerYeller in braids...right before she lost her first fight.  Since then she has learned to whoop up on her hubby!  :P

Lynx

About friends:  That's one thing I was spared, false friends.  If you're pretty, rich or popular you never know who is really a friend and who is just along for the ride.

Fortunately I'm moderately ugly, poor and fade into the background easily, so I know any friend I have probably a true friend.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"

rootbeer

I would like to undo being so shy in high school.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

The Cold Water Kid

This is kind of heavy, but I wish I had stood up to my dad and fought him. It probably would have helped us both.