News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Weight loss tips

Started by Tricia Lea, May 08, 2008, 07:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

Went to the Dr today. Saw the nutritionist there. She told me that since November I have lost 18 lbs. But she also told me that at my last check up, my BP was elivated (Which I knew cause they put me on a BP med then) and also my Blood Sugar was slightly elevated, Not enough to have to take anything but she pretty much told me if I dont start  watching what I eat I will be soon.
Whats odd is November and December I really wasnt trying to loose weight but rather being the holidays my goal was just to not gain and yet they said I have lost lol

iridiscente

Geri

Quote from: savedbygrace on October 29, 2008, 02:30:55 AM
That is my problem for sure..but I have really got to do something to get healthy. I have not liked being overwieght all my life, but then since I have been pregnant and gained baby weight on top of being over weight it as really made me feel worse.  I don't want to be a skinny model, I just want to get healthy and not die of a heart attack or something else before my little boy turns five..that is my fear..I want to be able to run and play with him, and be a fun part of his life..not a mom that gets tired just walking up some stairs..or a couple of miles...makes me sad, but I am determined that once he gets here..I am going to get healthy for myself and for my family.

I feel the exact same way.  I have an 18 month old, and I have a hard time playing with her on the floor and getting up fast enough to catch her if she runs away.  I have got to get healthy so that I can be here for my baby girl.  We also want more children, but I need to be healthy before we plan on having another baby.  I don't want to have a high-risk pregnancy again. 

Since before Thanksgiving, I have been going to Weight Watchers, and the holidays have de-railed me, but I'm shaking it off and going full force again.  I tried SparkPeople, and a version of that sight for expectant mothers as well, but for me, I HAVE to have the accountability of weighing in front of someone else, and talking to others in a meeting.  I have tried to manage food better on my own, but I need the structure of WW.  My husband tries to support me, but he has never had to worry about his weight(5'9", 125-130lbs), so he doesn't understand that there is a REASON that I can't have the big bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce. *sigh*

Sis

Weight loss tip #1

LOL   Oh yeah, this isn't the humor section, is it?

mini

I was gonna suggest stop eating...makes one tend to lose weight fast....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

RainbowJingles

Tricia:  That's AWESOME!  Good for you, girl!  I kind of loosely maintained through the holidays, but I'm not doing well lately.  Trying to get myself back on track, but struggling.

Heather

ive started hula hooping.

#1 it's fun
#2 how can you hula hoop and not smile  :grin:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Tricia Lea

My friend decided to take an aerobics class. She bent, twisted, and jumped up and down for an hour...but, by the time she got her leotards on, the class was over!"  :laughhard:

RainbowJingles

Tricia:  That's WAY to funny!