Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowJingles

So did she say "yes"?  :bigcheese:

Ashlee

*HUGS* Brandon for emotional PMs

apsurf

Quote from: RainbowJingles on August 21, 2008, 09:49:04 PM
So did she say "yes"?  :bigcheese:

How could she say yes to something that was never asked?
Quote from: teacheroftheLord on August 22, 2008, 03:06:49 AM
*HUGS* Brandon for emotional PMs

you're welcome ashlee...anytime

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Nothing. Just observing.

RainbowJingles

The Purple Fuzzy

iridiscente

Were you aware that Tia said she'd go to McDonald's with you if you were ever in the area?

Tricia Lea

What do you like to do to relax?

BeccaBoo

Wow.

The man who made fun of me on my Bday has a ask thread.

:up2:

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

apsurf

And also notice you don't get any answers out of it either!   :)

BeccaBoo

RainbowJingles

The sharing thread has moved too fast for me to catch all the details of your accident.  Can you repost them here so it'll be easy to figure out what on earth happened?  I just saw the picture you posted.  Wow!  Talk about serious damage!  Glad you're okay for sure!!  Praise GOD!

apsurf

Beware of old men in ford trucks!!!! 

I had not been feeling well this week, and tues night at work was miserable.  The usual chest pains and tightness came back (though not near as strong as it has in the past!!!).  Then Stomach ache from the reaction to the chest pain.  Got over that finally.  At 8:15 am or so, Got to feeling good enough to go ahead and drive home from work. I  Was alert. 

When a nice big semi decided he wanted to turn in where I was pulling out from to go to the truck yard next to the hotel i work at.  He was coming in way too fast to make a decent turn.  So I watched behind him and beside him and counted to 3 or 4 before deciding to pull out and let him have the space he was headed for (where the tail of my car was at.) 
Most traffic will usually get around a truck that is slowing down within about 4 secs.   Well, rathering not being hit by the semi, I decided to go ahead and go to the center median to go left (a devided highway) towards the house.   Just as soon as I stick the nose into the left lane, here comes a nice blue ford pickup come gallopping around the semi and takes out the nose of my car.   He swerves off and ends up about a block away. 

I immediately called 911 and got the police on their way.  Later the driver (an older man) comes up after walking the block to the hotel, and then across a service road and 2 lanes of highway, to ask if I was okay. 

I then said yes, and he immediately grabbed his back, started limping around,  and said "I hurt my back, I got a crik in it now."  If a person is hurt as bad as he went on, why walk over a block in distance, why not wait for the police/medical people to come check you out? 
He immediately asked for my paperwork, he was told, I had already called the police and will wait for them.  Of course he then lets go of his back and walks around like he is okay.

I do feel sorry for him being an older person (late 60's I guess) and not expecting to encounter that situation.  But that was the limit of my sympathy.  He was okay, and didn't ask for medical oversight as far as I know.

1. one more second of time and I would have been hit directly where I was sitting.
2. 2 more seconds of time, and my gas tank nozzle area would have been demolished.
3. I didn't recieve any tickets or citations issued at the scene (will find out more tomorrow when I pick up the police report copies).
so I guess that is good. 

But what  I fear now is

1. inssurance company I have will cut me off
2. because of state law, if you have no insurrance on a car, or let it go, or the company let's it go, you can have your license suspended.
3. insurance rates will go beyond what I can afford.
4.Since I have a CDL, what will happen to my license (had planned to just let it go back to a normal car license next year when it expired).
5.   will this guy start a lawsuit because of the accident.  (Can't afford any lawyers.)

And over all, If I have no transportation..
I lose out on my church since it is 20 miles from the house,
I might  have to transfer congregations and I don't want to do that again.  And especially as my name is on paperwork of the church I attend (committees and such, methodists are notorious for paperwork and stuff!)
I lose out on the ministry of the church I am in- having to start from square one again.

and most unfortunately, mom will get tired of carting me to work and picking me up in the morning, and I really don't want to walk with winter coming on.  5 miles is a long distance in the cold when you aren't used to walking more than a block at most!

But that is the extent of my day so far.

Quote from: panther on October 17, 2008, 09:34:24 AM
Found out today a few of the things I was worried about, I don't have to be,   I didn't get any citations from the accident, but now I have to deal with the claims adjuster for my insurrance company.   Don't know when that will be.  Still no word what the other driver is going to do. 

Got an old miata up and running, (same car that was broadsided about 10 years ago, but was fixed, but never was fixed correctly and my parents never dealt with it.)  Cost me 300 for the tires, and now about 100 for brakes to be replaced. 

Found out car dealers are still out to rip people off when I went looking today for a short bit.

BeccaBoo

apsurf

The car wouldn't turn over due to the radiator being smashed, but like the old phrase says,

There ain't nothin' wrong with the radio!!!   That radio still cranked up loud and strong when I went to get the stuff out of the car that was mine.  It just hurts seeing something my family paid off a year or so back already gone.   

BeccaBoo

Kinda what my dads car looked like after the wreck him and I was in back in 05.

:smirk2:

MelodyB

Soooo I guess you are not here anymore?

Tricia Lea

What did you do interesting this summer?

Tricia Lea

Why do 'a fat chance' and 'a slim chance' mean the same

nwlife

Quote from: Tricia Lea on October 09, 2009, 02:16:44 AM
What did you do interesting this summer?

just noticed I hadn't answered any questions.....so far just go and get cut on by a doctor....
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

iridiscente

Did you lose an extra toe?

nwlife

no, just half a belly button
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!