News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

What exactly is a "Date"? What defines it?

Started by RainbowJingles, April 23, 2010, 01:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So what defines a "real date" exactly?

The guy asks a girl to go somewhere with him, and he pays for everything.
12 (85.7%)
The girl asks the guy to take her somewhere and makes him pay for it all.
1 (7.1%)
A guy gets his friend to ask a girl to meet them at a conference, and go out to eat afterward.
2 (14.3%)
Anything that involves gazing at the stars
6 (42.9%)
The drier the better.  If they resemble a prune, that's a good sign.
4 (28.6%)
When a girl wears a guy down until he finally says, "okay; fine.  Let's go somewhere"
2 (14.3%)
An "in person" meeting where the guy pays for everything and buys flowers and rents a limo.
6 (42.9%)
When the girl wears a white dress and the guy wears a tux and people throw things at them and mess up their car so they have to run away to live happily ever after.  :-D
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: June 02, 2010, 01:06:04 AM

Newsman

Hmmm, something to think about... finding TWO Special Ladies might be an embarassment of riches!

John  :waving:

Quote from: Kloey on April 13, 2011, 03:33:45 AM

John, if you do go shoe shopping, bring reinforcements.  You know how those shoes always come in pairs.

Newsman

For future use.......

Quote from: five-oh on April 11, 2011, 04:32:09 PM
Quote from: RainbowJingles on April 11, 2011, 03:59:49 PM
Special?  Hmmm...

Not sure anyone needs to be worried on this one, Mister Fifty.

Special...

m-w.com says it's being "distinguished by some unusual quality"
Unusual = not normal.  Was I just called abnormal?  :eyebrow:
as in "isn't that ~special~?  or maybe as in
~special~ ed?  or perhaps even
~special~ attention needed?  Maybe it's
~special~ ly made because nothing else would work?

What exactly DOES "special" mean?  :eyebrow:

As Chonda Pierce would say, "ain't that special?"
:laughhard: On the surface, I would agree.... but we all know what a player Sir John ,aka "Bustamove" can be.   :lol:  I was just trying to help watch out for my friend Taco's best interests. :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

Kloey

Hence the need for reinforcements.  Remember the "one for me, one for you" concept?  You can help another poor soul find his very own special sole.

Quote from: Newsman on April 13, 2011, 03:45:08 AM
Hmmm, something to think about... finding TWO Special Ladies might be an embarassment of riches!

John, if you do go shoe shopping, bring reinforcements.  You know how those shoes always come in pairs.

I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.

Newsman

The Purple Fuzzy

nwlife

Quote from: Kloey on April 13, 2011, 03:51:50 AM
Hence the need for reinforcements.  Remember the "one for me, one for you" concept?  You can help another poor soul find his very own special sole.

Hmmm, something to think about... finding TWO Special Ladies might be an embarrassment of riches!

Yep, I change my soles every 6 months.... :freaky2:

And yes I am talking about shoes, as I refuse to date!!!
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

Heather

so this is where all the shoe nonsense comes from....hmmm.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Scott

I just wanted to say.

A date is a date is date!

Don't stress the small stuff.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

RainbowJingles

:-)  Not stressed about it at all anymore.  :bigcheese:

Kloey

You're a stingy fellow, what with all that wonderful scruff which you just refuse to share...

Quote from: nwlife on April 14, 2011, 11:25:02 AM
Quote from: Kloey on April 13, 2011, 03:51:50 AM

Hmmm, something to think about... finding TWO Special Ladies might be an embarrassment of riches!

Yep, I change my soles every 6 months.... :freaky2:

And yes I am talking about shoes, as I refuse to date!!!
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

A date is when a guy goes and buys meat, and veggies, and Easter Lily's... tells his gf, who works in the Deli Dept, and doesn't get off till 7pm, not to eat till she gets home... but doesn't say why.  "31899"

Then shows up at her work to surprise her... buys her favorite chips and dip, drives to her house and starts cooking... they finally eat at 8:15pm with her parents.

Then he takes pictures of the flowers that are still bloomin that he got her on April 1st... and they goof off, and her mom takes random pictures of their interactions... some of which turned out really cute.

I have discovered that to make me smile in a picture... I simply need to look at her for a few moments, make eye contact... and waaalaaa... a smile appears on the face of a guy who rarely smiles for pictures... LOL

Feed The Bachelors 2010

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

taco_harvell

Quote from: YooperYankDude on April 16, 2011, 02:02:52 AM

I have discovered that to make me smile in a picture... I simply need to look at her for a few moments, make eye contact... and waaalaaa... a smile appears on the face of a guy who rarely smiles for pictures... LOL

SO you are saying before a picture you need to say Molly instead of cheese?  :hypocrite:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 18, 2011, 04:26:34 AM

SO you are saying before a picture you need to say Molly instead of cheese?  :hypocrite:
Hey....some people have clowns to make them smile, Yoop has Molly.  :hypocrite: :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

The poster's comment could be taken in more than one way...just sayin'.

Quote from: five-oh on April 18, 2011, 11:37:58 AM

Hey....some people have clowns to make them smile, Yoop has Molly.  :hypocrite: :laughhard:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Lol, well I definitely don't say "cheese" ... Anytime someone says that word, I involuntarily duck... Lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on April 18, 2011, 04:52:38 PM
The poster's comment could be taken in more than one way...just sayin'.

Quote from: five-oh on April 18, 2011, 11:37:58 AM

:pound: John. Let me clarify, before John writes his whole next investigation thread about innocent me- Taco has a clown to make him smile, Yoop has Molly. Me, I have a gorgous wife named Lou and a beautiful princess named cheyenne. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison