News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

STEREOtypes

Started by TRAV, April 11, 2008, 09:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAV

STEREOtypes: What does your music say about you?

Some days I can really go for something that will make me want to pump my fist in the air.
I love the energy and intensity of LIVE shows! Other days I dig Motown and some chill stuff. 

So, does your music choices reflect anything about you life? Does music have an effect or determine anything in your relationships?

:thumbsup2:
PROVERBS 3:5,6

Melody

why do you post such good questions, but in the singles area?  Is it really geared toward singles or just cause it's your common social area?  I wanna answer but don't want to always be poking my married nose in single area sections...

sunlight

Quote from: TRAV on April 11, 2008, 09:54:41 PM
So, does your music choices reflect anything about you life? Does music have an effect or determine anything in your relationships?

Yes! it does! and Yes! it definately does!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

TRAV

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 11, 2008, 09:58:34 PM
why do you post such good questions, but in the singles area?  Is it really geared toward singles or just cause it's your common social area?  I wanna answer but don't want to always be poking my married nose in single area sections...

Mellow - You're always welcome in the Singles area. It also helps to not lose touch with what the "other" side is thinking about. Feel free to post your thoughts on my "good questions"?  :thumbsup2:

Sunlight - Go ahead, ...Tell us why or how...
PROVERBS 3:5,6

sunlight

It does reflect your life... I spend time listening to stuff that I can relate to. esp worship songs. The music i listen to reflects what i choose to worship. The music i listen to reflects what is the most important thing in my life. the music i listen to has a BIG impact on my attitude, which impacts the rest of my day.

Does music determine anything in a relationship? of course! why else would you have certain music for certain times? you know... upbeat music for exercising to, soft music to go to sleep to, praise music to worship and pray to, romantic music to.. umm.... eat to... REG!
music does determine/help set the mood for relationships.

Music can even help you determine if you even WANT to have a relationship with a person. In my life expecially... I dont think i would be all that compatable with someone who does not listen to christian music... but instead prefers Rock, Rap, Country... or other genre's that dont worship the only thing worth singing about in the first place.

Just my skewered viewpoint... :D
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

World Traveler

Hmmmmmm.... I wonder what my music says about me.

In the car I listen to either gospel music or old time rock-n-roll.

On AOL my preset stations are:

XM Spirit (Mostly black gospel, mostly choirs)
New Age (Yannie, Enya, etc)
XM Escape (Musical arrangements of music from the past 60 years - think elevator music)
Ambient (Relaxing electronic soundscapes)
XM Audio Visions (More New Age)
Classic Disco (Get your bell bottoms on and shake your groove thang!)
Super 70's (A groovy mix of 70's pop, disco, rock and funk)

Yep, that's me!  :biglaugh:
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

LeahMarie

I listen to a lot of different types of music.. My current favorite is Jazz and Classical, though.. It relaxes me.. Music really does affect my attitude..
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Backseat Radio

Music definatley effects my spirit and would in turn  effect my relationships.   I've noticed it particularly with alternative rock music which I used to love.  It fed into my spirit anger, bitterness, and even depression and definatley effected my relationships.

EricShane

no, I really dont believe it does.
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

newkris

music is a huge part of me.  i don't konw that i can tell you why i like certain music.

i have the contemporary christian station on at my house all the time for background music.  although i prefer it, i can't get the christian rock station in on my radio so i settle for the mellow version.

in my car, though, that's up for grabs.  it's usually one of my handfulls of cds.  skilet, pillar, the doors, or the christian rock station.  if i'm driving far, i channel surf to get my mind busy.  i wll listen to whatever grabs my notice for a few seconds at a time.

i don't like country because i think it's silly.

i'm not opposed to other kinds of music, but find myself drawn to the styles i grew up with and try to find that style with unoffensive lyrics.

so, you tell me, dr. trav.  what does that say about me?
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Tricia Lea

I like country music, and not so much the new stuff but the 80's and early 90's

:sing: I was country when country wasn't cool

Now my son likes 80's and even older rock stuff, Thankfully he dont care too much for the new rock stuff