News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Help with secure internet sites!!

Started by Envelope, June 20, 2008, 03:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envelope

I've been trying to log into my online bank the past 4 days, and the home page won't even come UP on our computer.  My husband CAN access the page from his work computer, though.  Also, if I try to sign into ebay (to buy something), it won't " sign in".  So, we tried to log onto a different bank, and THAT page wouldn't pull up either!!!!

We tried to do a system restore for 2 weeks ago (before this problem was there) and THAT didn't work either!!!

What else can we try??

I appreciate any help!!!!!!!

Sharon

EricShane

maybe in your tools in your internet options you have your security set so high, it wont let you view secure pages? I dont know... im just guessing, im not good with computers at all...
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Kyle

Sharon,

I bet your having touble with email as well, if you can't get into any sites that take user names and passwords as your saying.  I found this out on Hotmail's tech support line.  Give these suggestions a shot:

Windows XP automatically saves credentials such as your account name and password information when you access Windows Live ID sites and services. To keep unwanted sign-in information from appearing on Web pages, you can remove this Windows Live ID information from your computer by following the steps below:

a. Click "Start", click "Run", type "control keymgr.dll", and then click "OK".
b. Click "Passport.Net\* (Passport)", and then click "Remove" to disable an account from signing in automatically.
c. Click the e-mail address that you want to delete, and then click "Remove".
d. Click "OK" in the dialog box that states that the selected logon information will be deleted.
e. Click "Close" to close the "Stored User Names and Passwords" dialog box and save your changes.

2. Download the latest version of Internet Explorer.

To download the latest version, visit the following Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx

3. Clear the computer cache and delete unnecessary cookies before you sign in again.

Temporary Internet files store the information that your computer exchanges with the Web sites that you visit. These files facilitate the communication between your computer and the Web sites. As time passes, these files become cluttered and can adversely affect the communication.

a. On the "Tools" menu, click "Internet Options."
b. On the "General" tab, in the "Browsing history" section, click "Delete," and then click "OK."
c. In the "Cookies" section, click "Delete cookies," and then click "Yes."
d. In the Delete Browsing History window, click Delete Files, and then click Yes.
e. Click "Close" to close the Delete Browsing History window.

4. Reconfigure your security settings.

When Internet Explorer security settings are set to "High," you may have an issue with accessing Windows Live sites.

b. Click the" Security" tab.
c. Move the Security Level slider to "Medium."
d. Click "OK."

5. Enable your browser to accept third-party cookies.

When you sign in to a Web site or to a service on Windows Live, a cookie is stored on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is created by a Web site to retain customized information, such as your preferences for use at that site. Windows Live can also use cookies to help you sign in. You can configure Internet Explorer to have Windows Live store a cookie on your computer to remember your e-mail address and enter it in the "User name" box automatically every time that you are prompted to sign in to a Windows Live Web site.

b. Click the "Privacy" tab.
c. Under "Settings," click "Advanced."
d. Select the "Override automatic cookie handling" check box.
e. Under "Third-party Cookies," select "Accept."
f. Click "OK."
Stupidity is a global epidemic.