News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

NFL Draft talk

Started by jdcord, April 27, 2008, 06:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What grade would you give your favorite NFL team in this year's draft, so far?

A+
0 (0%)
A
0 (0%)
A-
0 (0%)
B+
1 (100%)
B
0 (0%)
B-
0 (0%)
C+
0 (0%)
C
0 (0%)
C-
0 (0%)
At this low of a grade, does it really make any difference?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

jdcord

So?  The first two rounds have passed.  How well did your team do? ...... (IYHO, of course). 

I think the Redskins did a pretty good job.  They got 2 of the top rated wide receivers, and they also picked up the Tight End from USC (Davis).  Jason Campbell definitely won't be lacking for receivers, that's for sure.  With their next six or seven picks they need to find some solid defensive linemen, because that's the weakest link on the team.  The Redskins had somehow managed to collect 9 picks going into the draft, and I'm not sure if their trade out of the first round (with Atlanta) gave them an extra pick this year or the next.

Anyways, for these first 2 rounds I'm gonna give them a preliminary grade of A-.  Now lets see how well they manage the rest of the rounds.

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

Nelle

*grin* I'm just LOVING that I personally know someone drafted. I can't quit pushing that around LOL. Tyrell Johnson was a former classmate of mine at Arkansas State. :) He's a VERY nice guy and GOOD football player. :) He was drafted in the 2nd round by the Minnesota Vikings.

(And thanks to Brannon for keeping me updated via text message.)

jdcord

OK, so the 2008 NFL draft is now over.  From the picks I've had a chance to look at so far, I have the following opinions/observations:

1.    I'd say that my Redskins continued doing well on day two of the draft, although I'd drop them from an A- grade to a B+.

2.    The Jaguars and the Patriots had very good drafts.

3.    The Dolphins and the Cowboys both did really well on day 1 of the draft;  but the Cowboys had a pretty mediocre day 2, and judging by their picks it would appear that the Dolphins' staff must have been smoking Crack on day 2.

4.    And speaking of smoking Crack, I submit to you every pick made by the Philadelphia Eagles.   :o    Apparently, their super-secret, stealth  strategy was to draft players that no other teams were interested in, with a special emphasis on selecting unknown players from mediocre Division II schools. 
................... Great draft strategy, dude!     :hippy:    Now pass the Crack pipe.

:P

Scott

The Lions (who can mess up a one horse parade) took a conservative approach and took linemen.

*shrug*

Both will no doubt be dead or cut by the start of the season.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

jdcord

Quote from: Scott on April 29, 2008, 06:11:00 PM
The Lions (who can mess up a one horse parade) took a conservative approach and took linemen.

*shrug*

Both will no doubt be dead or cut by the start of the season.

*LOL*

Maybe.  But I've seen where some analyst gave the Lions the best grade for day 2 of the draft.  Although, most of that is probably based on the Kevin Smith pick ...... which was a great pick for them, you gotta admit.