News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Book lovers and people groups

Started by SippinTea, January 29, 2007, 06:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Raecheal

lol - Italy, Ruby? I've always wanted to visit there too! My aunt and her family live in Italy and I've yet to meet my cousins there.. As long as the flight is paid, I have free lodging though. ;)

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Wow this is a pretty old topic.

And I might add that it is one of the first conversations that I had with my Ruby Friend too. ;)

Quote from: Rae on April 29, 2007, 12:23:01 PM
lol - Italy, Ruby? I've always wanted to visit there too! My aunt and her family live in Italy and I've yet to meet my cousins there.. As long as the flight is paid, I have free lodging though. ;)

Ruby just wants to go to Italy cause she thinks she will find a Beret wearin', Vespa Crusin', Available Apostolic Guy with a cute accent.... ;)

Meanwhile, BACK ON TOPIC.....

I am currently reading "Dominion" by Randy Alcorn, it came highly recommended, ;) And for VERY good reason. I cant put it down! I also have ordered "Deadline" and I should have waited to read Deadline first, but once I flipped thru this one, I had to read it. It is awesome, and it really has showed me some things about the Black race and culture that I thought I knew, but I was wrong... Very enlightening....

Side Note: Ruby...we need to discuss some things about this book. I wanted to tonight, but I got kinda sidetracked ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Quote from: MelodyB on September 11, 2007, 08:08:09 AM
Ruby just wants to go to Italy cause she thinks she will find a Beret wearin', Vespa Crusin', Available Apostolic Guy with a cute accent.... ;)

:spitlaugh:  :laughhard:  That was funny, Girlie! ;)

Quote from: MelodyB on September 11, 2007, 08:08:09 AM
Ruby...we need to discuss some things about this book. I wanted to tonight, but I got kinda sidetracked ;)

Uh, yeah.... me too. ;)  But ditto what you said about the book. I've always(?) had black friends, but this book gave me a whole new picture.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Sis

Quote from: nicolejoy on January 30, 2007, 03:26:23 PM
I always wanted to read that book called "Desert Flower" - anyone ever heard of it? It's another autobiography, but I forget her name... some African woman...

Sis wonders if our old poster knows about this book.

I've read so many things and researched so many things I couldn't name just one. Our museum was about natural history and world cultures, so there had been many, many exhibits about other cultures. I liked the one about the Kuna Indians from the San Blas Islands off of Panama. You may have seen the "Molas" they make. They are the front and back panels of the blouses the women wore.

sarahbee

Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah.. It gave me a little more understanding about China.. where it's come from where it's going.. also, perhaps, what people go through coming from there to here.. and the reasons why they would.. I think it was just good for having more understanding of Chinese perspective..

Cody P

Hey I was wondering if anyone on here knew of any good books that I can get from the local library or that I can read online?
I Am A Child Of God !

Kyle

My favorite book series is The Sword of Shannara Series by Terry Brooks, plus his Knight of Word series.  Robert Jordon also tops the chart with his amazing Wheel of Time series, though sadly he passed away before the last book was finished.  It's being finished though by his estate.
Stupidity is a global epidemic.

InChristGirl

Has anyone read "The Scarlet Pimpernel"?

This is my favortive quote so far:

"Marguerite's thoughts flew back to him, the mysterious hero, whom she had always unconsciously loved, when his identity was still unknown to her. Laughingly, in the olden days, she used to call him the shadowy king of her heart, and now she had suddenly found that this enigmatic personality whom she had worshipped, and the man who loved her so passionately, were one and the same: what wonder that one or two happier Visions began to force their way before her mind? She vaguely wondered what she would say to him when first they would stand face to face."

Tsalagi

Cody P

I was kinda meaning Christian books. lol. Anyways I am reading a real good book right now called " Maximize The Moment Gods Plan For Your Life. It is written by T.D. Jakes. And So far its a really good book. :lol:
I Am A Child Of God !

InChristGirl

"The Scarlet Pimpernel" is a historical classic about the French Revelution