News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How about good ol' Boston?

Started by Elfin, November 02, 2007, 02:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elfin

Boston Red Sox - World Series Champions

New England Patriots - 8-0, however classless they might be ;), they have not only been dominating offensively, they have been obliterating and crushing along their way to 16-0

Boston Celetics - Of course, opening day is tonight and everyone is buzzing.  Pierce, Garnett and Ray Allen...the anticipation is palpable and we can only hope they give us the game to be expected from such an unbreakable trio.

Boston College football - 8-0, #2, Matt Ryan (who pulled out last week's win, despite Ryan's lackluster arm and aim that night)

Right now, it sure feels good to be from Boston.  ;)  Also thought I'd buck up and post this BEFORE the Colts game - 'cause after the Pats win on Sunday, it would just seem obnoxious of me. ;)
~
~~
~~~
Renée

bishopnl

Congrats to the Red Sox on buying their second world series in four years. 
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

Elfin

bitter grapes National Leaguer.   :P
~
~~
~~~
Renée

bishopnl

I admit...I'm bitter.  LOL.

In fact, I didn't use to hate the Red Sox so passionately until they stomped on the Cardinals in '04.  That, combined with the fact that they have the second largest payroll in the league, catapulted them to the top of my "most hated sports franchises" list.   ;)

~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

JakeLeonard

I feel this may be the last win for an American League team for a while.

As for the Patriots, they won't get past the Colts on Sunday.

Q-tip

QuoteAs for the Patriots, they won't get past the Colts on Sunday

The colts are the only team left that has a chance against the Patriots.  However, I do not believe they will pull it off.   The Patriots are just too overwhelming.
///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

Elfin

Wow - I must give some credit where it's due - it was a great game tonight...and I was biting my nails a few times.  But in the end, the Pats defense just stepped it up and they were able to pull out the win.

BC on the other hand has disappointed this weekend.   :smirk2:

At least the Pats continue their undefeated march toward the Superbowl.
~
~~
~~~
Renée

jdcord

The Colts had practically everything go their way, and yet they STILL couldn't beat the Patriots.  That's a little scary.  I think 16-0 is not as unlikely as a lot of folks think it is.

But don't worry Colts fans and Patriots haters, there will almost certainly be a rematch; only next time it will be in Foxboro, outdoors, and in January.  That's when we'll see what this year's Colts team is really made of.

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

bishopnl

What a shame. 

I didn't really like Indianapolis, but I hate the Patriots with a fervent passion. 

Indianapolis had every chance to win.  Their defense played quite well against the Pats, Joseph Addai ran roughshod over the Pats defense...they had the opportunities. 

Well, here's to hoping the Pats don't even make it to the AFC Championship game, as unlikely as that is.  But if or when they do, I hope the Colts trounce them. 

World Traveler

:offtopic:

Did anyone catch the Navy vs Notre Dame game on Saturday?
Navy beat Notre Dame (at Notre Dame no less) for the first time in 43 years AFTER THREE OVERTIMES!
Now, that was a game.

GO NAVY!
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

bishopnl

Not to rain on Navy's parade...but Notre Dame is like 1-8 this year or something.

And since none of that has anything to do with Boston, I'll throw in another, I hate the Patriots just to make it go along with the rest of the thread.  ;)

JakeLeonard

you know something?

Boston College is no longer at #2 because they choked.

The Patriots are probably still using spy cameras to cheat.

The Celtics won't get past the first round of the playoffs, if they even get that far.

The Patriots will not be undefeated come the Super Bowl. They will choke in the playoffs and they will not be like the Miami Dolphins, the only team to ACTUALLY go undefeated (though it is a 20 + year old deal)

jdcord

Quote from: JakeLeonard on November 05, 2007, 11:41:28 PM
... the Miami Dolphins, the only team to ACTUALLY go undefeated (though it is a 20 + year old deal)

Actually, the Dolphins are the only team to go undefeated  in the Super Bowl era

Also, the Dolphins did it in a 12 game regular season, not a 16 game regular season, and the majority of their games were close, tough-fought battles (unlike the Patriots, who are simply blowing away every team not named the Colts).

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

JakeLeonard

Quote from: jdcord on November 06, 2007, 12:34:03 AM

Quote from: JakeLeonard on November 05, 2007, 11:41:28 PM
... the Miami Dolphins, the only team to ACTUALLY go undefeated (though it is a 20 + year old deal)

Actually, the Dolphins are the only team to go undefeated  in the Super Bowl era

Also, the Dolphins did it in a 12 game regular season, not a 16 game regular season, and the majority of their games were close, tough-fought battles (unlike the Patriots, who are simply blowing away every team not named the Colts).

Yeah, it was pure luck that they only won by four over the Colts....purely a fluke and probably cameras hidden all over the place