Trouble in Texas...

Started by mini, April 12, 2012, 08:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Someone came out and admitted they were a vegan.  Which, as you are aware, is illegal in Texas.  Friends and family have pleaded to no avail...

Lets join together in prayer for this wayward GPer.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not sure anyone could survive in our area as that.

MsJennJenn

Well I'm on my way to becoming vegetarian. Or trying...but not vegan! I like eggs and seafood too much! lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 12, 2012, 08:13:25 PM
I'm not sure anyone could survive in our area as that.

Thats why we are praying... :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 12, 2012, 08:14:46 PM
Well I'm on my way to becoming vegetarian. Or trying...but not vegan! I like eggs and seafood too much! lol

Dear heavenly Father....

MsJennJenn

Sorry I've just seen to much information, dr. reports, statistics and stories about how bad meat is for our bodies.

I'm trying too hard to make my body a temple of God...and if cutting out meat because it ignites diseases or such in my body means doing so I will.

It's NOT easy. Especially living in Texas. lol
I'm too concerned physically for myself and what I feel God wants me to do I guess... ;)
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Babs

I was vegetarian all my life until I moved away from home, then was vegetarian for another few years, then was vegan for almost 20 years. Was a great deal healthier then. Although I love my chicken & seafood have considered going back to vegetarian, not sure I would go as far as vegan but never know.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Babs on April 12, 2012, 08:24:09 PM
I was vegetarian all my life until I moved away from home, then was vegetarian for another few years, then was vegan for almost 20 years. Was a great deal healthier then. Although I love my chicken & seafood have considered going back to vegetarian, not sure I would go as far as vegan but never know.

BABS!!!!!!!!!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Babs

Lol im not who he is referring to lol

My latest blog post.

MsJennJenn

No I know - I was just excited to see you!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Babs

Oh duh lol good to see you too! One day we need to meet! Are you close to Wylie by chance? Suppose to go see my daughter there soon

My latest blog post.

Melody

HI BARB!!!!

It certainly isn't me and I'm not in TX.

Jenn, always go back to the Bible.  Meat, CLEAN meat, (I don't mean OT ceremonially, I mean non GMO non chemical) is good, in right proportion.  There is a reason for ALL that God does.  Consider all the essential oils God called for the priests to handle regularly amongst all that sacrificing.  Essential oils (anointing oil) that are highly antiviral, antibacterial, antiseptics.  The diet God gave Israel is the best diet.  Not because of sin for we know, meat is nothing.  But for the system in which God created this world.  Balance in all things!  I think if common produce was as nutritionally potent as it used to be, perhaps one could make it as a vegetarian if they knew what they were doing.  Like cultured breads, soaking nuts, ect.  But the general movement I believe is based on only current knowledge and doesn't give credence to what God has laid out for man.  God's way is always the best way, and He has even made provision for when culture has perverted His ways.  We know prayer cleanses our food.  That doesn't mean eat junk, but it is a provision.  God is always requiring us to give it all we have and He will do the rest, even in our bodily health.

Babs

MY!!

Kosher diet is more what I am considering. Not sure yet though, I have a lot more problems since eating meats.

* Babs is thankful chocolate isn't meat lol

My latest blog post.

Melody

Wooeee, I know that's right!  It is expensive to buy clean, whole foods, especially meat.  If it isn't organic, the way GOD made it, it's going to cause us all kinds of trouble.  It may not be sin, but boy oh boy, who doesn't feel unspiritual when they are sick?  Let alone chronic diseases. 

I have never pursued "kosher" either, but there are elements of it that reflect Biblical truths and maintain sanitary standards that alieviate many health issues.  But there again, not all their stuff is great either, so I have to just keep going back to the Bible, keep using the good sense God gave me. 

I was just wondering a day or so ago how far my expressed love for certain man made things influences my children on a spiritual level?  I don't know because it would be subconscience.  But am I teaching that candy is better and more enjoyable that God's created fruit?  If I am, how far am I off to even think like that?  Why do I not value what God has made for me, my portion and provision, more than what man has perverted and actually harms me? .... But I am an analytical person.  LOL

Babs

My latest blog post.

Lynx

MY - I have often thought about how God's natural foods are so much better, and how humans take out the parts they want, like sugar, and leave what they don't want, like all the B vitamins and minerals in sugar cane and sugar beets, and combine all the extracted parts into things that don't even taste as good as the original, un-tampered-with foods God made.

And of course the wrappers on God's natural foods are all biodegradable, and most of them are digestible.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: