News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

School is back in session... how is it going (Parent or Student)

Started by Scott, September 26, 2011, 07:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Tricia Lea

Well I am loving going back to school. When I went to college after HS I did horrible because I did not want to go.  But now so far I am having GPA's each semester of 3.5 or better. I think a big part is now I feel better about myself than I did then. I am involved in ROTARACT and student government.
I am doing the 2 year program in 3 years, I am full time but not taking a full load.
This semester I am taking Fundamentals of selling, Principles of management, Elementary Spanish, and survey of mathematics. I am dreading the one accounting class I will probably have to take next semester but other than that loving it.

Chseeads

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

Quote from: Chseeads on September 27, 2011, 03:27:09 AM
Debits on the left, Credits on the right, Tootie.

Keep your T accounts straight and learn if than statements
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

I hate school...HATE.

It's SO much writing...something I struggle severely with. I can't seem to get any better at it. I've failed English Comp I - three times.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

myhaloisintheshop

Ill chime in as a parent.  I hate it.  My youngest two like school but they aren't as excited as in years past.  My middle schooler is doing okay. He makes excellent grades but he's at the age where he wants to sleep  ALOT and its murder waking him in the mornings.    My high schooler is totally slacking.  He's getting C's and he's NEVER gotten C's before.   :pound:   He gets good test grades most of the time--its the homework that's killing him.   

Thought I would respond since its fresh on my brain this morning after having a lengthy discussion with the HSchooler about being lazy in his schoolwork.