News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Regarding the Trinity Lutheran Church Sign on Facebook

Started by Scott, January 16, 2012, 01:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Chseeads

Yeah, I know.  I did that.  I made one and put it on my FB that said "I love the thrill that I feel when I get together with God's gullible people."

Scott

Quote from: Chseeads on January 16, 2012, 04:02:09 AM
Yeah, I know.  I did that.  I made one and put it on my FB that said "I love the thrill that I feel when I get together with God's gullible people."

saw that.  A few friends of mine on FB are a bit upset that I poked a hole in their balloon. A few were from Indiana too.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Chseeads

People can be unbelievably gullible about stuff online.....

Scott

Quote from: Chseeads on January 16, 2012, 06:50:33 AM
People can be unbelievably gullible about stuff online.....

One guy sent me a PM on FB -

(paraphrased)

"I am not ashamed that I passed that photo on, because God can do that. I am glad that I have the faith to take that at face value"

I told him

Let not your good be spoken evil of.  When you pass on something that is not true, you not only harm your reputation and testimony - but you bare false witness.

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

A quick google of some terms yields nothing so I, as a non-facebook-user must enquire:  What was the original sign that everyone is currently mocking?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 16, 2012, 07:04:36 AM
A quick google of some terms yields nothing so I, as a non-facebook-user must enquire:  What was the original sign that everyone is currently mocking?

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Note the web page written on the photo.  All you have to do is go there and you too can create a fake church sign.

The Never Ending Battle

Chseeads

Or any sign for that matter, doesn't have to be a church sign.  You can make one for Charlie's Chicken Shack or whatever. lol

Melody

Somebody told me the same thing Scott that they were still good with posting it because it is happening and they heard some recent testimony about it.  That still doesn't sit right with me.

Scott

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 16, 2012, 06:18:03 PM
Somebody told me the same thing Scott that they were still good with posting it because it is happening and they heard some recent testimony about it.  That still doesn't sit right with me.

I have these words for people who post it knowing it is untrue..

"Thou shalt not bare false witness"

The Never Ending Battle

Chseeads

I don't have a problem with the picture itself, there are funny, weird, goofy, interesting, etc etc etc pictures all over the internet and people post and share that kind of stuff all the time....some real, some fake, but all just for entertainment value or whatever....

It's the people that see it and immediately think that it is a photo of a real sign from somewhere that then go on to share it as such that make me question the common sense of the world....

Scott

..... and they don't notice the web page link at the bottom of the photo!

Two friends of mine ripped me for calling them on this photo.....  One guy actually  said " A UPC Person gave me this photo"  I said " they were wrong"  his response "They are UPC''.   :roll:

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

Scott

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 16, 2012, 07:03:30 PM
ok, that's just ridiculously funny.

Yeah!

I have a pet peeve about verifying facts before passing around emails, videos and photos on the internet. 

I kept getting on one pastor for doing that and calling him on it, that he will email me with stuff that guest speakers said at his church to find out if they were true or not. One speaker said something that was not true, and after the he said that he said that she said that he said that he said... we tracked down the alleged source.

Has anyone ever played Telephone?  10 people - you say to the 1st person " The sky is blue" by the time the 10th person gets it, it might be "The guy flew"

The Never Ending Battle