News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

What are you having for lunch today?

Started by mini, October 14, 2011, 06:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

From a blog I read:

Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. Very casual. On to this week's topics of discussion...

What are you having for lunch today?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

I had left over beef tips & rice (NOT Sandra's unfortunately) and broccoli and cheese. And a piece of bread with some butter on it!

Twas GREAT!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Left over "snail shells" as Chey calls 'em. Stuffed Pasta Shells to everyone else. And I'm making another Cheesecake.  :biglaugh:

Speaking of cakes- Chey won a Pineapple cake of some kind at the fall festival her school had the other night. It looked gooood. I cut me a big ol' piece, got me some milk, and sat down to enjoy it last night. That thing tasted like WD 40 smells. I've never put anything that foul in my mouth in my life. I really hope whoever made it doesn't know who got it. I'll have to hurt their feelings or fudge the truth. " It was unbelievable! I simply couldn't eat another bite!"  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on October 14, 2011, 07:32:47 PM
That thing tasted like WD 40 smells. I've never put anything that foul in my mouth in my life. I really hope whoever made it doesn't know who got it. I'll have to hurt their feelings or fudge the truth. " It was unbelievable! I simply couldn't eat another bite!"  :laughhard:

Well, eww.  :freaky:

I had a turkey lunchmeat, cheese, and mustard open faced sandwich, and a piece of cheddar cheese, while sitting in the church in my underwear.

:smirk2:

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on October 15, 2011, 01:46:54 AM
Quote from: Officer Roscoe on October 14, 2011, 07:32:47 PM
That thing tasted like WD 40 smells. I've never put anything that foul in my mouth in my life. I really hope whoever made it doesn't know who got it. I'll have to hurt their feelings or fudge the truth. " It was unbelievable! I simply couldn't eat another bite!"  :laughhard:

I had a turkey lunchmeat, cheese, and mustard open faced sandwich, and a piece of cheddar cheese, while sitting in the church in my underwear.

Uh...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

I had a baked potato. Sour cream & salsa. & then a half acorn squash, baked.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 15, 2011, 03:23:28 AM
How hard are acorn squash to cook? And what do they taste like? I've saw them my entire life, but as far as I know, I've never tasted one. Only squash I've ever ate are yellow  crook neck squash and of course Zuchinni.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: minnesota68 on October 15, 2011, 03:14:52 AM
Quote from: Officer Officer Roscoe on October 14, 2011, 07:32:47 PM

Uh...

It's true.  I put my clothes over the heat registers to dry out.

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on October 15, 2011, 03:28:58 AM
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 15, 2011, 03:23:28 AM
How hard are acorn squash to cook? And what do they taste like? I've saw them my entire life, but as far as I know, I've never tasted one. Only squash I've ever ate are yellow  crook neck squash and of course Zuchinni.

What!?!  You've never had a butternut or anything either?

Melody

Hmm, how would u describe it?  I'd say like a cross between mashed potatoes, carrots & pumpkin with a slight nutty flavor?

1. You split them in half.
2. Scoop out the little spoonful of seeds/string like a pumpkin has.
3. Bake them flesh side down on 325° till about half tender.
4. Flip them over and cover with butter and salt/pepper and or brown sugar.

They have a natural sweetnes so u don't need much.

5. Bake until it looks good!

Or follow steps 1-2, peel, cut into strips & saute with your stir fry or summer veggies. 

You can also add them to sweet potatoes or pie.

The seeds are really good too, roasted!

Melody

Oh yeah & you can scoop out the cooked flesh and make soup.

Pretty much all the things u can do with a pumpkin or butternut squash.

Lol next week we'll cover spaghetti squash.  *giggle*

taco_harvell

A frozen dinner of some sort, it had rice and some kind of mystery meet in it.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Lunch:  Got some leftover potato salad (Grandma's recipe) in a bowl.  Added a considerable amount of cheddar, melted it in the microwave, stirred.  Added two eggs, stirred, cooked the whole mess in the microwave.  Cooked up into a cheese/egg/potato soufflé of sorts.  Very good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

Not going to that church. :freaky2:

Actually that sounds like a dream many people have, where they show up at school, work  or church in their underwear. For MOST people it is just a bad dream, however for cheese puff......
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

For lunch: Most days I don't eat lunch - or really anything at all until 7 or 8 pm, then I eat a light supper. I usually drink water during the day. My stinkin' pancreas doesn't allow it.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

It's a good thing Scott is not as evil as his avatar.  He could have pulled this one:  http://xkcd.com/719/
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

angel

turkey sandwhich on bakery bun with pringles
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

sunlight

Chili dog with homemade  chili, mustard, relish, and cheese!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

I had iFratelli's pizza and cream soda!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/