Main Menu

Classic Cars

Started by Sister_Mom, April 29, 2008, 06:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on May 28, 2008, 02:22:21 AM
Quote from: Sister_Mom on May 28, 2008, 02:13:24 AM
Quote from: Sis on May 27, 2008, 06:36:53 PM
Actually, it's not a challenge. It's an advantage that most people don't understand when their heads are in the clouds.

It's a disadvantage when you're trying to reach something on the top shelf at WalMart. Especially when people have already bought the items in the front, which means not only do you have to reach for something on the top shelf, but you have to reach back some.  :frustrated:

Vaguely remembers an episode in WM where neither one of us could get something off the top shelf...I forget what it was though. :smirk2:

I think that was you I was with.

If it was me you were with, I would have just asked the nearest tall person.

Back in 1984 when I was about ready to give birth to my son, we had an International SUV with a lift kit. I had to climb into the the thing, but I had done it so many times that it was just as easy as stepping into a car for me. One day in the KMart parking lot, this elderly gentleman approached me as I left the store and was coming up to the truck and asked if I needed help getting in.  :laughhard: It was very sweet of him, but I wondered how he thought I had got in the thing to drive it there.  :laughhard:

Haven't seen much in the line of classic trucks in here.  (how's that for a nice segway back on topic? ;) )
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

With THAT kind of a lead back to the topic it shows you have been spending a lot of time with a great preacher ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Sometimes I have asked a tall guy walking by to get it for me, most folks are nice and will help, but sometimes NO ONE will walk by when you need them  :(  I have grabbed something and reached up with it and knocked the item that I want off the shelf it so that I could get it... as long as it wasn't breakable. ;)

Sister_Mom

Practicalme: same here! Been there, done that! :great: :clap2:

Quote from: MelodyB on May 28, 2008, 11:49:27 AM
With THAT kind of a lead back to the topic it shows you have been spending a lot of time with a great preacher ;)

:hypocrite:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Sis

Back to my MG Midget! LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

That guy doesn't look like a midget to me... ;)

Sis

Ah he's just the guy who thinks he owns the car. I really do but I have yet to find it. Don't even know what city he's in. That's what happens when you pull pics off Google searches.   :laughhard:

yosemite

My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

iridiscente

Rare American Made Autos

Harley Earl and the 1938 Buick. Think about this. This picture was taken 70 years ago.   

1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt   

1951 Buick LeSabre What would you  give for that car now?

1951 Chrysler K310   

1953 Buick Wildcat   

1954 Buick Wildcat II   

1954 Dodge Firearrow   

Sis

1958 Lincoln

1950 Studebaker

iridiscente

I think I would like to visit the 1950's.

Sis

*Sis borrows Mr. Peabody's way-back machine* Cmon! Let's go!

iridiscente