News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

What to pack in your hospital bag...

Started by okieoliveoyl, June 11, 2008, 02:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okieoliveoyl

any suggestions for when you are going to the hospital to have a baby?

Some of mine are...

books
cameras (extra batteries)
cell phone chargers
change for vending machines
comfy pillows
smell good soaps/shampoos (a splurge for me since i knew i wouldn't be looking my best..but i wanted to feel much better (bath and body works!!))
comfy house shoes
a loose comfy outfit to go home in
all the baby stuff (clothes, blankets...)
if you have a laptop check with the hospital, sometimes they have wireless internet and you can send pics out right away.  We did this with Landon and it was soooo nice.

any more ideas?
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Geri

Nightgown and Robe for after the baby is born.
Video Camera (although most hospitals won't allow their use during the actual delivery anymore.  that's fine with me, my hubby has been threatened not to film/take pictures during the delivery anyway lol)

I'm taking a book for the postpardum baby care stuff.  I've already read most of it about a hundred times, but ya never know when a question will come up lol

Geri

mesipie

nursing pads

regular panties...no thongs.....or if u dont want to risk messing them up, u can use the hospitals disposable panties

something to put ur hair up out of the way with

pillow...if u want

cameras...reg and vid

if u are planning to nurse, u can bring a boppy pillow...it makes it all more comfy

a book

a paci...the hospital should provide1...but jic

socks for babies hands so they dont scratch their face

a going home outfit for baby

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

mvausey

I called mine "It's Time" bag, hahaha!

- Newborn disposable nappies (or cloth nappies if you prefer)
- baby overalls (if it's cold): usually the hospital provides singlets so if it's summer I guess you wouldn't need as much overalls, probably a couple)
- Mitts and socks (two pairs would do)
- toiletries for you (and hair scrunchies)
- As much maternity sanitary napkin as you can bring (trust me!)  :tantrum: (although some hospitals provide those extra, extra wide ones that practically covers all, lol!)
- a couple of duster/one piece dressing gown (for when you're giving birth)
- comfortable clothes (t-shirt, trackies, whichever you're comfortable with, perhaps three sets of them)
- slippers (while you're in a hospital)
- robe (when it's cold season)
- As many pair of knickers as you can bring (this links to the sanitary napkin, you get the idea lol!)
- a set of good clothes for you and baby (upon discharge, so at least both of you look and feel good when you leave the hospital)
- nursing pads (maybe just a packet for a start just in case you end up not lactating, just get your hubby to buy you some more if you need to, lol!)
- a couple of baby bottles (just in case you end up bottle feeding your bub)

And yes, camera!  You wouldn't want to miss them precious moments! :)

I wouldn't bring towels, as far as I'm concerned I don't know any hospital that doesn't provide them.

I think I covered pretty much all, hehe!