News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Gluten Free Diets

Started by Backseat Radio, April 18, 2008, 04:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

My mom recently has had to switch to a completely gluten free diet because of her allergies.  I was wondering if there was others on the forum that have to go gluten free and if you could share ideas for good food minus the gluten.  Mom's also allergic to soy, oats, and peanuts.   :-?

Roxie

Hey. 

My Grandmother-in-law is on a complete gluten-free diet.  I'll see what I can do to help... Hmmm.  I think most of her gluten free recipes and stuff she has isn't digital though.  She went to the library and got books on it.   She goes to group meetings, they have picnics and cookie exchange and such!   All the OSI chain restaurants have gluten free meals ;)   She loves going to Outback Steakhouse... the Thunder from Down Under is Gluten-Free!

Also, most companys if you call them or restraunant chains will let you know if their products or meals are gluten-free.  I know wal-mart's Great Value brand posts on their packages if a product is gluten-free or not :)   Just take a look at the back of marshmallows the next time you are there!

Here is the OSI website: http://www.osirestaurantpartners.com/  List of restaurants are at the bottom.

http://www.gluten.net/ If she hasn't already checked this out.   
Hope this helps!
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

EricShane

my mom is Gluten Free, she has Celiac Disease.

also, If I remember right... Ax-2-38 also has Celiac...
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Roxie

That is what Granny has... LOL :)  I couldnt remember what it was called at the time I first posted that!  She has Celiac Disease, that is why I said complete gluten-free diet.  :laughhard:
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

EricShane

Quote from: Roxie on April 20, 2008, 03:48:51 AM
That is what Granny has... LOL :)  I couldnt remember what it was called at the time I first posted that!  She has Celiac Disease, that is why I said complete gluten-free diet.  :laughhard:
lol.. yes...

hey, have u ever heard of Mt Zion Apostolic church In Cincinati? its a black church, were supposed to go there in the morning...
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Roxie

Nope.  I don't recall but Trey does. 

Not sure if he knows where it is... so you are gonna go there in the morning huh?