News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

wrist/arm pain

Started by Backseat Radio, January 24, 2008, 09:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to help a wrist and arm thats causing a lot of pain?  I've been having quite a bit of pain in my right wrist and down the side of my right arm.  It happens to be the hand I use for my mouse and its very difficult anymore to surf sites with out having that wrist and arm screaming at me.

Also do you guys have any suggestions on how I could do my mouse with out doing anymore damage to that wrist?  I've not had a mouse pad for years and its not uncommon for me to instinctively rest the side of my hand (the side the pain now on) on the desk.

Tricia Lea

have you checked into any info on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/carpal_tunnel/carpal_tunnel.htm

might check and see if it is from that

Sis

You could go to Walmart or a drug store and buy an ace bandage sort of thing that slips on like a glove. It really helps. I have two of them for carpal tunnel and it feels good when it's on. But first you need to rest that arm until the pain lets up. It kinda looks like this only shorter.

MelodyB

I have one, and when my wrist acts up from CTS, I wear it to bed for a few nights (days) and it helps alot. I just wear it when I am sleeping, but when it gets real bad, I wear it as much as I can when I am awake too.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Nerd

I bet one of these would help. They're really cool.

http://www.dynaflex-intl.com/flash_content/flash_content.html

You can get them at Academy.

Tsalagi

Aaron has one of those.  They actually work very well once you figure out how to get it started and going. 

VERY cool geek factor as well!

:grin:

*edit*

Oh!  Dur...you changed your avatar pic.  lol

Chseeads

That's sad, you didn't recognize your own brother.  lol

Tsalagi

Well, the last time I saw him, he didn't look like a lightbulb!

SippinTea

He's a transformer.

*snicker*

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

MelodyB

BOL!

So what is that thing? I went to the website, but I didnt figure out how it worked.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Nerd

You have to get one to figure it out. It comes with a DVD. It's kind of a pain in the neck to figger out, but when you do, it's like riding a bike. 

QuoteHe's a transformer.

Yeah. 'Cause there's more than meets the eye.

:P

Sis

Quote from: coolguy on January 26, 2008, 05:06:12 AM

Yeah. 'Cause there's more than meets the eye.

:P

I certainly hope so. That light doesn't look like much!

SippinTea

Perhaps he's subtly(?) telling us he's brilliant? Or perhaps he's saying that his good ideas burn out quickly. :P

:beret:

Oops. We've done it again. Sorry for :pwink: ing your thread, Tia.  :-?
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Nerd