News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How long has this thing been there?

Started by Mrs. Yosemite, May 22, 2008, 04:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Yosemite

you'll go to your kitchen to check this one out.

Well, I'm not telling everyone my age, as most of you already know...BUT...I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself.  Who ever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box?   Have you also ever wished  someone would just make plastic wrap that didn't stick to itself?  :tantrum:

I've been using aluminum foil for years. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The stupid roll always comes out at the wrong time! :tearhair:

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box.  And written on the end it said, "Press here to lock end".  Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there!  :think:

I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too.  I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too!  I can't count the number of times the Saran warp roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I'm wondering how many others did not already know this.  It kinda makes you feel dumb.  

I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

Melody

If it helps, I've been the cooking for 16 years.

this will make my life easier... 

RainbowJingles

*wonders if there's one on my box*

I'll have to look for that!

sunlight

* sunlight remembers Mel in indy- learning about the new reply... "how long has that been there! "

hehe! it was great!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

I may not have known about the "new" button on GP, but I have ALWAYS known about those little tabes on the boxes of foil and saran wrap.

Oh and Chel... :pound: :wasup:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Mrs. Yosemite

ha! I guess they found a way to keep an idiot busy, I ve been checking all the boxes in walmart to see if it had one. haha  :laughhard:  I am just so amazed that this thing has been here all this time and I have just found it!  I havent been this bewildered since I was a kid and found a pencil sharpener in the back of my crayon box!!  :laughhard: :laughhard:  DUH HUH <a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZKxdm021YYUS%2526i%253D10%252F10%255F5%255F134v%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

mesipie

its ok...ur hair is blond.......

i think i remember it having 1...but i have never used em...i think i will now tho... :hypocrite:
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

The Purple Fuzzy

Mrs. Yosemite

hA! my stepmom is 70 and she didnt know it. :laughhard: I told her about it and she went and checked and said, " Well I'll be dipped!"  (whatever that means. haha) And she's a grey head. lol

Mrs. Yosemite

Quote from: MelodyB on May 23, 2008, 02:25:48 AM
I may not have known about the "new" button on GP, but I have ALWAYS known about those little tabes on the boxes of foil and saran wrap.

Oh and Chel... :pound: :wasup:

What? GP has got a 'new' button?  And I didnt know about it either?  WOWWWW :freaky2:

MelodyB

When you are looking at the topic menu right beside the title you see a little blue button that says 'new' if you click that it takes you to the last post you read in that thread and you dont have to remember what page you were on and wade through all the post you read the last time. It is a life saver and it was there the whole time I just didnt know it. Kinda like Seth and the quick reply.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

"i'll be dipped" hahaha love it. even tho its a play off the bad word. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mesipie

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

i knew if u pushed the 1s on the main side that say Re:bla bla bla....that that would take u to the last post u read
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...