News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Medieval Event Feast This Weekend *Updated 9-24*

Started by Newsman, June 02, 2009, 06:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

My old group in the SCA I was part of (Northkeep-Tulsa OK) is having their big summer event this weekend. Feast for this event is typically done with no reservations-first ones checking in on site that buy feast with their gate (entrance fee,) get the places. I plan on being there. Below is the four courses of the feast.

Feast Menu
First Remove-
White Bread Boulles
Honey Butter
Herb Butter
Garlic Farmer's Cheese

Second Remove-
Pork Chawettys (meat pies)
Joute with Bacon (beef broth soup with greens)

Third Remove-
Smoked Chicken Polynaise with Mustard Sauce
Steamed Asparagus

Fourth Remove-
Closed Rissoles (fruit filled dough wrapped rolls)

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Newsman

I was thinking..maybe we should use our feasts as recruiting tools to get new members.. our groups put on events, and try to make a margin of profit on them.. feasts are figured the same way.. all our labor s volunteer (from the group putting on the event, and maybe friend of the group,) and likewise servers are volunteers.

What would that type of meal costy in a restaraunt? $50? More? I'll check the evnt site, but feast for this one is probably somehting on the order of $8. You do have tpo bring your won dishes and utensils, though.

John  :waving:

Newsman

SippinTea

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Newsman

Another SCA medieval event, coming up in about two weeks. Feast is $9, and it's BYOD (Bring Your Own Dishes). Seeing the menu, I think I'll actually skip feast if I go. I could tale all the proper medicines, and still have a blood sugar of 300-500 after eating feast.

The menu;
Feast
First Course:
Welsh rarebit fondue
Fresh baked breads and vegetables

Second Course:
Whole roast chicken
Nested on carrots and lettuce

Third Course:
Pecan smoked whole swine stuffed with fruit
Sweet yams

Fourth Course:
Pumpkin Cheesecake

John  :waving:

JoyGirl

Ashlee

You could still have the feast but only choose 1 dessert. And go light on the bread.  The rest of the meal looks pretty good.