Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

And for those not on facebook, here's a pic of the whole ride since I figured out (kinda) how to post them here...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I'm at work and groggy tired after staying up late last night to attend a gospel meeting

Lynx

Nice racing stripe. Nice car in general.

Not a nice car for ME... I'm more for utility than speed. But I can recognize a nice car.

The owner of our store has a more modern muscle car. Don't remember what kind. He's a bit older than I am. I bet people make a lot of comments about him behind his back. He works hard, actively running nine stores. I figure he deserves whatever he wants to buy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Cute car! Don't kill me for the cute, LOL.. it's a nice lookin ride! And it goes vroom vroom, so that's fun!

@Work.

I knew shopping could be the Lord's work if we let Him do it.. ;)

The Purple Fuzzy

Nice toy. I'm more on the practical side, though. :)

Lynx

Does anybody else notice that the right side of the hood, in that light, looks almost... Pink?

I wonder if that car is princess approved.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I have to do a stress test tomorrow.  I'm not enthused.

The Purple Fuzzy

Glad that's over. My blood pressure was up, so it took longer than it should have.

Lynx

Where they checking your stress level or deliberately increasing it so they could sell you blood pressure medicine?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I guess they were trying to figure out why it's high...

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Howdy, mini! :hi: I see those kids of yours are growing up fast.

mini

Oh lands.  My son is growing like a weed.  I bet hes grown 4 inches since Easter.  He got his first job too.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi: Been busy today. Got a few things done, then found myself with everyone else in the family busy. I fired up the 'vette, went for a drive listening to gospel blues. Found a few moments with God that I needed.
And I don't know if anyone else got word from Mel-
A GP member who hasn't been here in a few years, some will remember-kmymbir- passed away today due to complications from Covid. If I remember correctly she and her husband had a little boy who can't be more than 7 or 8 years old.
I hated to hear it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh my! I was thinking that name sounded familiar for some reason. That's so sad. :(

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh wow, so young. Younger than my youngest child. :(

Roscoe

Yeah, this stuff doesn't discriminate on age. No way of knowing who will have a rough time and who won't.

I've slept in today. Gonna go to church in a few, then tomorrow starts a three day work week. SO ready for Thursday in particular.

Lynx

kmymbir died from covid?! 

Man that stinks.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Yes it does.
And in sharing- Lord. We had Bro Huling preach for us again. My, my what a move of God tonight. Got a tad drunk in the spirit. It was awesome.

Nelle

@Work. A couple of the family coworkers are off on vacation this week, so a skeleton crew.

I tried shepherd's pie this weekend and loved it. I wish I hadn't been a baby all these years and tried it before, haha.

Made mini cheddar meatloaf last night at like 10:30pm to repay my other coworker who built me my pumpkin and cat fall decor. I also came in this morning to a small reindeer that I had subtly hinted I needed hahaha. He's so talented. My husband didn't want to share the meatloaf, but I told him I had to.. LOL. Coworker didn't make me pay for the fall decor and reindeer! hahaha, so I paid in food!

Backseat Radio

Was a busy weekend for me. A friend of mine took me to an addiction recovery meeting Friday night. Then my manager invited me to the early morning service at her Quaker church. Did her church service and then the service where I usually attend.

Nelle

I've never seen a Quaker service. Is it quite different from what we normally may experience?

Roscoe

Hi.
Busy day.  Feel a bit under the weather...slight tightness in my chest.
God is good.

And I didn't realize the Quaker  religion  was even still in existence,  I must admit.

Backseat Radio

The Quakers do still exist.  Usually the name on their building will be "Friends Church".  The only major difference I saw in the worship service is they have a time of silent worship/silent reflection at the end of their service instead of the altar call I'm used to in Pentecostal and Baptist churches.