News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

THANKS
 I really would like to eat about 3 big chocolate pies right now.
But they are not diet friendly,  so  I sit eating pickles.
Back to work tomorrow 
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We gave away the last two pies, for self preservation. ;)

Lynx

I would whimper disconsolately at the thought of losing out on homemade chocolate pies... But I just ate a big bowl of homemade chocolate pudding, so I'm good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on September 05, 2021, 04:37:55 PMShew. Got home last night around 9pm. Absolutely wonderful trip. Avoided Memphis on the return trip all the way around. We left Bowling Green and ran back roads over to visit a friend in Kentucky's Amish area, just north of the TN line. Then over through the Paducah area and into the boothill of Missouri.
Resting today. It's Lou and my 18th anniversary.

You were within an hour of my home, but I wasn't home anyway LOL.

Back @work today. Got home fairly late last night. Had to stay a little extra time yesterday helping my parents set up their new phones. They've always had flip phones and they changed to Consumer Cellular from prepaid AT&T, so they have a smart phone now. It's not going so hot now.. since one of them doesn't read everything before she does something to it. I sent a group chat asking for prayer for one of my friends and somehow she's lost the text, haha. Hopefully Dad can help her out when he gets back home. I had limited time to go over everything, and I was already trying to get voicemails set up, contacts switched over, etc. They also have the exact same phone, even down to the colors - I don't even know if colors were an option. I asked them over the phone last night to change one of their wallpapers on their background so that they could more easily tell the difference on whose phone is which, because I was getting highly confused yesterday trying to fix things and not knowing whose phone I had in my hand. LOL.

Lynx - You might ask - it's the Motorola G Power.

I wanted them to get Apple so that I know exactly what I'm doing on them, but those are a bit expensive for their taste, so now Jeremy (my husband) can hopefully help them some since he has an Android. I muddle through using the Android myself.

Lynx

Moto G Power is what I have too. At least they won't have to remember to charge their phones as often. That's a big honking battery for such a slim case.

If they figure out power sharing they can even charge their friends' phones.

I like big batts, and I cannot lie
Iphones just can't deny
They got battery envy
They wanna get with me
And borrow some juice on the fly
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I keep trying to get my dad to get an iPhone instead of a flip phone but With no success yet.

Backseat Radio

I'm on team android.  iPhone are way overpriced and not that user friendly in my opinion.  Current smartphone when I use one is a 2021 Moto G Play.  Had a Samsung A11 until I got tired of the glitch the latest UI update caused on it.  Most of the time though I'm just as happy using a Alcatel Smartflip flip phone.

Got my teeth cleaned this morning and had a filling come out during cleaning.  Dentist put a temporary filling in and scheduled me for a replacement filling next week at no charge.

Lynx

My uncle uses an Android phone, but he is on team iPhone. (He has a large chunk of Apple stock in his retirement account.)
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Team Apple always here. I have a whole bushel.

Got my second covax yesterday. Arm hurts and I just feel super tired, but otherwise I'm okay so far. *knock on wood*
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

I was team Android for years, and then Pixel.  Best android phone I ever had.

But after the first of the year, I switched to Apple.  Kids both had Apple.  Parents had Apple.  It has saved me a ton of trouble over the past few months with facetime and such.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Android all the way!!
I have an apple for work and prefer the Droid. Actually considering  giving in to temptation  and going Apple when we upgraded a while back but it was going to cost mega bucks so we stayed with Samsung.
Nearly through the workday.
Mentally exhausted.
Leaving work at 5 and going straight  to church to prepare for tonight.
Haven't eaten anything today, just didn't know what I wanted.
And our power at home has been off and on all day according to emails.
Went off at 130 this morning  and was off until 7am...off again at 12 ish.
I hope they hurry up and get it back on.
It worries me when it's more than a couple hours. I've got 3 freezers full of meat to worry about. It'll stay frozen within reason but several hours off and I'll lose hundreds of dollars. :mad:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I prefer my apple haha. Mom has my old ipad, so I thought an iphone would be an easier transition for her. I do agree that they are just too expensive, but so are most of the phones these days.

I get lost in the Android settings, having to search for items, haha.

I've been wondering what's happening with our power grid lately. I can understand that it can go off during storms or whatnot, but it seems like it's happening randomly this year. It's flickering or just plain going off. It also worries me because (a) it's hot and (b) I have full freezers.

The Purple Fuzzy

Our electricity just went off. It was out for about an hr.

Roscoe

It's really tempting  to check into going off the grid with solar,etc.
I've got a friend, former state representative, who sold his farm and took the proceeds to buy a place back up in the mountains.  He's built a beautiful home by himself- literally planed the lumber out of trees cut on his property  on his own saw mill.
He's celebrating  one year next week of being 100 percent  off the grid. Water from a mountain spring. Solar and battery reserves for electricity.  And don't think he's roughing it- nope. 3k plus square foot home, looks like a high end lodge. A/c. The works.
I don't want to know what it costed him. But he's a MacGyver type and no telling what all he's built to do it.
If I thought it was remotely affordable  I'd jump on it.

Nelle

I'm unsure about solar. Replacement/repair costs seem pretty high still. Hopefully that can maybe get better as more use it and more research is done.

I do want a backup generator that's wired into the house though.

The Purple Fuzzy

I can't imagine having enough solar power to run a whole house air conditioner...

Roscoe

Well. It was friday. Ran all day, then got home to discover the county fair. And Chey wanted to meet up with "Not My Boy Friend" at it. Needless to say. I wound up at the county fair..but Chey and the boy had fun.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes, on both comments.
Re:cool morning- I even got Lou to agree to ride with me a bit in Sam. We enjoyed the day and I did nothing constructive.

Lynx

You rested and regenerated. That was constructive.

It would only have been a wasted day if you had partied hard and wore yourself out.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

True. I agree with Lynx. Resting and relaxing is a serious need your mind/body needs!

@Work. Had leftover lunch from our 'date' on Saturday evening. Then my coworker came in announcing they had corn nuggets at the truck stop, so of course I had to go grab some. They're my Achilles heel, I guess.

We had a hard weekend. Our Papa Duty passed away on Friday night. We had been high in hope and faith that he was getting  on the road to coming home after several weeks in the hospital, but instead he went to a 'Home beyond the starry sky' instead of home with Mama. He was ready, and while we grieve, we are so glad for him! We stayed overnight with Mama on Friday night so she wouldn't be alone. She's trying so hard to be strong, but I hope we are able to ease her mind some with extra time spent with her, trying to love on her and make her eat. Several weeks now she has just not had an appetite. I was trying to believe it was just stress from Papa's health, but it feels like it may be more medical again like it was a few years ago. She may have to be taken to the doctor soon to get checked out again. She doesn't drive, so her life just got a little more complicated.

On another good note.. We finally get to vote on a pastor! Our interim pastors have finally decided they'd like to be considered for permanent status. We all love them, so unless something crazy happens - I'd say next week we will officially have a pastor. :)

Roscoe

The news on the pastor is a good thing. The other- my condolences.
In sharing here, Lou texted me today. She found some clothes a lady in the Ozark church had for sale on fb and wanted them. She told me she felt she needed to go pick them up so when I got home, she and I fired up the vette and drove an hour and a half west. The lady is a single mother with twin teenage sons who thought the vette was the coolest thing, and then wound up talking church with me. Good kids, asking for advice. And Lou wound up having a prayer meeting with the sister while the boys and I talked outside in the driveway. I think they all needed it, even though any sort of ministering was far from my mind when I clocked out of work.
The local computer shop diagnosed my laptop as having a bad motherboard. I got a bit over two years out of this one. Wound up buying a used Dell Pavilion with a ssd hard drive that the shop had gone through and updated, with a new hard drive. Seems ok.
 And I got word from the shop manufacturer- The shop will be installed the 23rd or 24th. About time.
And, lastly, I got the white "Corvette" lettering in and installed it on the 'vette, which greatly improved the rear, and a license plate for the front reading "Roscoe's Midlife Crisis" just so Lou remembers WHOSE car it is.

Lynx

You really put "Roscoe's Midlife Crisis" on the front of the car? HA!

Picture? Please?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Let's see if I can..
midlife crisis.jpg

Not like Lou will pay attention to it. :biglaugh: