News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Ask Mr Minnesota

Started by Sis, March 29, 2008, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

Quote from: SippinTea on August 12, 2008, 02:45:12 PM
What is the largest fish you've ever seen/caught?

I dont know if this is the largest fish I have ever caught, but its the story that sticks out in my mind.  When I was a kid, we would often take fishing trips to my grandparents house.  One day I had cast my line, and the fishing being as it was, I took off playing, not thinking about my fishing pole till later.  Sure enough, something had grabbed ahold of the bait, and nearly taken my pole into the water.  After rescuing the pole, I started reeling it in while my dad chided me for my carelessness.  Lo and behold, there was a very nice bass on the other end, covered in moss!

What was your favorite date you've taken Chelleebelle on?

One of my favorite dates?  Wow...this could be hard.  When I first met chelle, she was going to a neighboring church.  Nearly every sunday, I would drive down to meet her after sunday school, and we would go to a nearby park and sit and talk, maybe share a ice cream...you know that kind of mushy stuff.  (no stargazing *cough* *hack* *cough*)  Once, I met her at her house and we decided at the spur of a moment to go to Arkansas which was about a hour away.  It was those long talks and crazy spur of the moment deals that I enjoyed the most.

Now, its nice to have a little quiet time to ourselves.  Even then, we miss the kids.  Now, the best kind of date is where you have your kids asking for hamburgers at a Mexican restaurant, or begging to go to McDonalds instead of the fancy place.

What is one of your favorite things to play with your kids?

With Brionna, its hard to say.  It might be coloring, playing with dolls, running like crazy outside, or just watching her pull of some stunt that she has recently discovered she could do.  When she first got her swingset, she couldnt touch the bar that you swing on, now we have to tell her to get off the top of the swingset...LOL

Brennen?  Cars.  Motorcycles.  Bikes.  PS2 racing games.  GI Joes.  Cars.  Or annoying the dog with him.

I guess everything they do is my favorite thing to do with them.  Im not much on going to functions at school (hate crowds) so its nice to do things with them at home.

*Minnies Unsolicited Advice Column*

As a Dad, as a guy, as the annoying father of my household, I tend to forget how to be a child.  I the kids to be quieter, I want them to keep their room clean, I want this and I want that.

Using one of the few analogies that I actually know, when you fly a airplane, if you hold to tight on the stick, your gonna crash the plane.  If you let it loose, your gonna crash the plane.  The thing is to allow the natural tendencies of the plane to go on, but to keep it on a correct course and actually land it where its supposed to be.  Its the same with kiddos.  If you are to strict, your gonna cause them to crash, if you are to loose, your gonna cause them to crash.

A child may do something totally stupid in your eyes, but think about it before you fly off the handle.  You had to learn sometime, and they may be doing that stupid thing out of innocence.  They may be yelling in the house because of the excitement of the game that their mind has devised.  Sure, there needs to be boundaries, and correction some times, but we as the parents need to have a clear vision of what is right and wrong.

Fly the plane.  Love the child.

-Jp

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

Those were awesome answers! Especially the one about the kids. :great:

:beret:

sunlight

Can I quote you? That was great!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

If it helps, use it.

:grin:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

yes, it helps, and i did! Thanks! :grin:

got any more unsolicited wisdom to share?

mini

Let me think about it for a while...I am preoccupied with a study that I am doing for tonight's service.

mini

Since it is 6 in the morning, and I'm none to bright...Ill share a story that reminds us as "holy" people to never be a hypocrite....

This is the story of the tigers tail. 

According to this tale, an Indonesian farmer was returning to his village when he suddenly topped on the jungle trail and stared ahead of him with growing alarm.  Lying across his path he could see a tiger's tail and, looking carefully, he could see that the tail belonged to a very large and very fierce tiger.  This tiger was waiting for him.  Acting on impulse the farmer put down his scythe, ran forward and seized the tiger by the tail.  With an angry snarl, the tiger tried to free his tail, but the more he roared and plunged, the harder the farmer held on.

The struggle went on for a while, and then, just as the farmer felt he could hang on no longer, who should come along the path but a Indonesian holy man.  The holy man stopped , surveyed the scene with interest and was about to pass on when the farmer called to him.

"Dear holy man," he cried, "please take my scythe and kill this tiger.  I can't hold on to it much longer."

The holy man sighed.  "My friend," he replied, "that I cannot do.  I am forbidden by the rites of my religion to kill any living thing."

The farmer renewed his failing grip.  "But holy man," he said, "don't you see that if you fail to kill this tiger then it will kill me.  Surely the life of a man is of more value than the life of a beast!"

The holy man folded his arms in the depths of his flowing robe.  "About that,' he said, "I cannot speak.  All around me in the jungle I see tings killing and being killed.  I am not responsible for these things, neither can I help them.  But for me to kill...ah, this I cannot do."

Just then the tiger gave a vicious snarl and a furious pull on its tail.  Sweat poured from the farmer.  The holy man prepared to leave.  "Dear holy man," sobbed the farmer in despair, "don't go!  If it is against the rules of your faith to kill this beast, at least come and hold its tail while I kill him."

The holy man paused and considered.  "I suppose I could do that," he conceded at last.  "There can be no harm in holding the animal's tail."  Cautiously he approached the infuriated beast and joined the farmer in holding on to the tail.  "Do you have him, holy man?" panted the farmer.  "Do you have him fast?"

"Yes, yes," said the holy man, "but hurry up before he gets loose." Leisurely the farmer brushed off his clothes.  Slowly he picked up his hat, and put it on.  With great deliberation he picked up his scythe.  Then bowing to the holy man the farmer prepared to leave.

"Here, where are you going?" demanded the suddenly alarmed holy man.  "I thought you were going to kill this tiger."

The farmer paused, folded his arms in the sleeve of his coat, and sighed.  "Dear holy man, you are a most excellent teacher.  You have completely converted me to your most noble religion.  I can see now how wrong I have been all these years.  I cannot kill this tiger, for it is against the rules of our holy religion.  As you have taught me, all around us in the jungle were things killing and being killed.  We are not responsible for these things, but for us holy men to kill, as you say, this cannot be.  I am now going to the village yonder, so you will just have to hang on to this tiger until some coarser soul comes along not so motivated by the high ideals of our holy faith.  Perhaps you will be able to convert him too, as you have converted me."  And with this parting shot, the farmer left.

I hate hypocrites...but so does the world.  The saddest verse in the bible is Romans 2:24 "For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written."  Why was Jesus' name made so low?  Because of they hypocrisy of his people.  Oh that we would never be this way!

Live your life in such a way that no one ever stumbles because of you.

Tricia Lea

what would be your ideal vacation?

MelodyB

Why have you not updated us on the fries?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

What was the study you were doing for the service?

Sis

Had any bugsuckers lately?   :laughhard:   :hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

Tricia Lea

What do you like to do to relax?

mini

Quote from: Tricia Lea on August 20, 2008, 06:19:32 PM

In the mountains, in a cabin.  Away from civilization by miles... *grin*

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on August 20, 2008, 08:20:30 PM

Cause on the day you posted this, I was doing a media fast.  Wound up lasting almost 4 months!  LOL

MelodyB

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 18, 2008, 02:46:53 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on August 20, 2008, 08:20:30 PM

Cause on the day you posted this, I was doing a media fast.  Wound up lasting almost 4 months!  LOL

I know that NOW. :roll:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Quote from: sunlight on August 20, 2008, 10:17:40 PM
What was the study you were doing for the service?

I taught over Romans all during August.  It was very fun to study, and I learned so much.

Learn to study the word, and don't study just when you have too.

mini

Quote from: Sis on September 02, 2008, 05:16:31 AM
Had any bugsuckers lately?   :laughhard:   :hypocrite:

1.  *grin*

I need to get that thing and eat it for some pics...LOL

mini

Quote from: Tricia Lea on October 17, 2008, 01:56:05 AMWhat do you like to do to relax?

Well, now that is a right interesting question....

At the moment...its this:

Yes.  I went off the deep end and joined the Heaven's Devils, or some sort of nonsense, but thats relaxing.  To a point.  What makes it more fun is the blog I keep about it:

I try to update it when I ride, and as you can see, its been a while since I rode.  *sniff*

Next, sitting in my easy chair.  A source of ongoing contention between my wife and I was my old broken down comfortable recliner.  I paid $10 bucks for that thing.  So what if it finally gave up the ghost, and sat lopsided.  It was my $10 recliner.  MINE MINE MINE!

But, alas, my wife was plotting against me.

(on a side note, I hope she never reads this)

She found me a recliner, almost new, at a garage sale for $30 bucks.  All I got to say is this thing better last me for 15 years!  Thats three times the money I paid for my old brown one... *sniff*

SippinTea

Poor Michel. *grin*

And btw, your blog is cool.

mini

Poor Michel?

Poor Michel with her 10 pound terrorist dog?  HA! Poor Jeremy!

sunlight

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 18, 2008, 02:45:57 AM
Quote from: Tricia Lea on August 20, 2008, 06:19:32 PM

In the mountains, in a cabin.  Away from civilization by miles... *grin*
I know the perfect place... :grin:

sunlight

Quote from: SippinTea on November 19, 2008, 10:37:26 PM
Poor Michel. *grin*

And btw, your blog is cool.

me too! and i like the picture of your motorcycle... who took it? they did a great job!