News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Hi all. Seems like I barely have time to run in anymore.
Got home last night, took my nephew driving trying to teach him to drive a stick. Kid did decent. He was excited. Had a talk with him over some of the things he has going on- it's hard to be a biracial 15 year old son of a single mother with no contact with your father. We had a good talk. Love the kid and hope he can get his head on right.
 This weekend will likely result in a bit of work around the house. I really am not planning anything huge.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Hey, Jenn. How fast does your guy grow a beard? He's clean shaven in one pic and fully bearded a couple days later in those pics.

Roscoe

Shew, it's hot out this week. I've gotten a bit done around here. Dug some post holes for my carport. Replaced a bad porch post. Worked on Sam.
Now, watching "The Chosen"  on the laptop,which I really like.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Keeping 2 of Dina's kids this week and will switch out with the other 2 next week. :)

Lynx

What do y'all do when they stay there? Go camping? Go to Disney? Clean out the attic and put them to good use?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

We just hang out. They help with chores while here and also play.

Roscoe

Morning.  Back at work. Woke up early by a message from a saint. Dragging.
Having desires to deal others in a different meaning of the term. As in behind a pickup, down a rough rocky road.
 Needing Friday. 😆

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 24, 2022, 10:03:20 PMHey, Jenn. How fast does your guy grow a beard? He's clean shaven in one pic and fully bearded a couple days later in those pics.

Haha it was full beard until we got back from Indiana. Then he shaved it for summer cus "its too hot".
But he literally can have a face full again in like a week or two. He will get a full on shadow in a day and a half.

So strange how fast hair grows for some and never for others.
Can you imagine your hair growing an inch in a weeks time? LOL
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 27, 2022, 09:29:10 PMHaha it was full beard until we got back from Indiana. Then he shaved it for summer cus "its too hot".
But he literally can have a face full again in like a week or two. He will get a full on shadow in a day and a half.

So strange how fast hair grows for some and never for others.
Can you imagine your hair growing an inch in a weeks time? LOL
Waitaminute... I seem to remember you participating in a scruff thread, way back when.

You must be in scruff heaven now.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Urgh.
I wish I could get hair to grow at that rate. But not on my face, just on that bald spot on my head. :laughhard:

Back at work. Totally done people-ing. Today is such a beautiful day, not too hot and not too cold. I really wanna take the day off but I've taken off so much I can't. :pound:

MsJennJenn

Bahaha i was gonna comment on bobbys bald head but i refrained :hypocrite:

and yea i'm sure i did participate lol i've always loved beardss!!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 28, 2022, 04:08:37 PMBahaha i was gonna comment on bobbys bald head but i refrained :hypocrite:

and yea i'm sure i did participate lol i've always loved beardss!!
:pound:
Somehow I knew Mini or I were in the crosshairs. No spiritual discernment needed. LOL

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

@Work.

Leaving tonight for Nashville, TN (have to clarify since there is a Nashville IL lol). Staying the night in Franklin and going to the zoo tomorrow as well as to see Top Gun in 4D. I don't even care for this movie series, but my husband does, so that's what we're doing, haha. Gonna pop in a few stores while we are in the area, and then come home tomorrow night. He's having a week of vacation this week thru Monday, so he's worked on the yard some and had some medical VA appointments. Glad this is a longer weekend so I can hopefully rest some AND have fun haha.

Just a couple of weeks I'll be headed to Eureka Springs, AR for a few days to be with my brother & sister-in-law. Since my husband can't go, my momma is gonna tag along with me. Kevin (brother) has had a tough year, so I finally just decided to go. Lian (SIL) says he's been homesick lately, so hopefully this will help him out. As long as we don't go hiking, I can handle it. :)

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on June 29, 2022, 04:49:29 PMJust a couple of weeks I'll be headed to Eureka Springs, AR for a few days ....
If you are coming from your state, through Jonesboro and to eureka, you will be within 20-30 miles of us. You should totally reach out to me and Lou if you have time and let us meet up with you and buy ya an ice cream...

Hi all. Another day down. Encouraged as we had 30 ish at church on Wednesday night- since Covid, it's gotten down to the low twenties.
Tomorrow will be nonestop all day...then Friday I will be the lone ranger in the office as every other officer has taken vacation. :pound:
I missed the "blue flu" memo. LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

I'd forgotten how kids are ALWAYS hungry. These two want to eat constantly. Even after I've made them a big meal. I don't remember that part from my kiddos.
I love them to pieces, but I'm tired.

Lynx

What's really fun is when you take them to a buffet, then you get home and they go straight for the fridge.

"Do you ever get full?!"

"No... But sometimes my jaw gets tired of chewing."
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Just bought myself a new bicycle. Haven't ridden one in years.

Lynx

Yeah, they say you never forget...

Don't believe it. My legs forget how to put out effort every time I stop riding for a while. They have to relearn every time.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning all.  At work. Kinda sore- my arm which was healing decently enough, well, my dumb butt decided yesterday it would be smart to move a 51 year old lump of iron (a to be rebuilt engine for Sam). Even with the assistance of a cherry picker, I tugged a bit on it. While I don't think I set myself back by any more damage, my arm sure made its displeasure known last night.
 On the plus side- received my bonus today, a financial blessing. And I really do not intend to do a lot today.

Backseat Radio

Apparently in my city a license is required for anyone over age 6 to ride a bicycle. The licence is only $1 but it means the hassle of get a bell for my bike, get the bike inspected, and do the paperwork for the license

MsJennJenn

Wow really? Never heard of that LOL

So happy to have a 3-day weekend.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I wonder if that's because people are buying those newer bicycles that are gas powered or whatever it is haha. Not just using pedal power. So it's easier to just put all bicycles under that.

@Work. Quick trip didn't go quite as planned. Husband got into poison ivy and he is highly allergic. He suffered with it and hopefully he's getting a shot or something today while he's at the VA for his other appointment. I had stomach issues and didn't feel great Thurs AM. So we didn't go to the Zoo, but we did just mill around some between Franklin, Cool Springs, and Nashville area. The 4DX experience was a little rougher than either of us cared for, but at least we got to experience it I guess. Arrived home safely last evening and the cats didn't burn the house down, so that's good, hahaha.

We will either be in Eureka the 21 & 22 or the 25 & 26 of July. I need to talk to my brother and get him to choose which he would prefer so I can make plans around that. The weekend will be at my parents house in the Paragould/Jonesboro area.

I'm also VERY glad that Monday is a holiday. I am hoping to take some naps this weekend, haha.