News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

My Pastor and one of the other brothers from the church showed up at Walmart at the end of my shift to check on me since I didn't show up at church yesterday.

Lynx

Most exciting thing here was, yesterday I finally got my debit card unlocked and the mobile service ordered.

Red Pocket is in California so my bank automatically locked my card down when I tried to order it last Saturday morning. Apparently there are a lot of scams coming out of California, Georgia and Ireland: Any online order I place that goes to any of those areas gets my card locked down.

Well it's nice knowing my money is safe, but when it's so safe I can't use it I get... disturbed.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning all. Back at work. Gonna be a lonnng day. May be a long week, in fact..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work.

Really hoping/praying that Mom & Dad can get their new a/c actually set today. The guy they've been dealing with has currently a TON of things going wrong in his life.. drugs, divorce, looking at possible jail time, etc. He also has been going on for months of not getting their a/c to them. He said he would come today. Hopefully he's keeping his word this time. He already had deposited their money in order to purchase the actual unit, so hopefully he actually did purchase it. We wouldn't have known anything was going on if it wasn't for public access to court records in Arkansas!

Husband's (Jeremy) birthday is today. I haven't really talked in depth about what we've been dealing with, but we still need lots of prayer, especially him. My main prayer need is less anxiety about the situation. I have the irritating ability to get up into my worries super quick and I overthink everything he says, does, or doesn't say or do. lol.. He's dealing with a lot (mostly stemming from military service and his grandpa dying) and he's slowly making some improvements. I'm still just proud of him for reaching out for help, I know that took quite a bit.

Also.. we are dealing with fleas. like... they're in our yard, pretty much every room in our home. Feels like we are beating at a loose fire with wet blankets, haha. We are hopefully gonna get pastor in next week to spray (he has pest control business) and hopefully hopefully this will be an irritating memory haha.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on August 09, 2022, 03:03:33 PM@Work.

Really hoping/praying that Mom & Dad can get their new a/c actually set today. The guy they've been dealing with has currently a TON of things going wrong in his life.. drugs, divorce, looking at possible jail time, etc. He also has been going on for months of not getting their a/c to them. He said he would come today. Hopefully he's keeping his word this time. He already had deposited their money in order to purchase the actual unit, so hopefully he actually did purchase it. We wouldn't have known anything was going on if it wasn't for public access to court records in Arkansas!

Husband's (Jeremy) birthday is today. I haven't really talked in depth about what we've been dealing with, but we still need lots of prayer, especially him. My main prayer need is less anxiety about the situation. I have the irritating ability to get up into my worries super quick and I overthink everything he says, does, or doesn't say or do. lol.. He's dealing with a lot (mostly stemming from military service and his grandpa dying) and he's slowly making some improvements. I'm still just proud of him for reaching out for help, I know that took quite a bit.

Also.. we are dealing with fleas. like... they're in our yard, pretty much every room in our home. Feels like we are beating at a loose fire with wet blankets, haha. We are hopefully gonna get pastor in next week to spray (he has pest control business) and hopefully hopefully this will be an irritating memory haha.

Praying for y'all. I understand the worry/anxiety. Dealt with that alot myself and to some extent still have days.
Fleas are something else. I suspect that is what we are dealing with, and I'm going to have to get a pest control company in before long at the house as well. It just seems like every bill in the world has hit all at the same time, so I have to budget..lol
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Fleas... Ugh!

When we had fleas I got a pump sprayer and some permethrin and went to war.

No mercy!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Happy Birthday, Roscoe!

@Work. Trying my best to stay awake with this dreary weather. Thank goodness for headphones and things to listen to! My "roommate" coworker is out on vacation this week, so I'm unfortunately a lot quieter and also more productive, haha. I wish this meant they might get me my own office, but that's a pipe dream never to become fulfilled here. One day!!

MsJennJenn

I am not sleeping well. Was up early for an all day on camera virtual meeting. I'm tired.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
Thanks for the birthday wishes. I've been a busy bee today. Got alot accomplished and have driven about a gazillion miles. Much paperwork...Gonna head to church in a bit.

Roscoe

Shew . One day closer to a weekend....Thank you lawd.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's nice out this morning. In the 70s

MsJennJenn

Finally got rain last night! It was awesome.
I snoozed to many times after work yesterday. So then I was up till past 2am again. With a 730am conf call. Sigh.
I took a snooze after that call was over haha.

Stressing hard about my elopement ceremony spot.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Been a lengthy day. Been a kinda rough mental health day too. Had an offender who recently started going to a neighboring church come in and cry, telling me she'd just received a bad cancer diagnosis. As I have done in the past, I went off script and switched from Parole Officer to pastor/counselor.
 Wound up telling some of the battles I've been through as an encouragement to her. She thanked me, told me that I was one person who had managed to break through to her and make her evaluate life, and thanked me for caring and sharing. She left telling me I had encouraged and lifted her spirit, and made her want to succeed and change her life.
The same woman who last month felt I was "picking on her".
After she left, I thanked God for being able to share my story and potentially help someone.
On the other hand, if it makes sense, just reliving some of the things in sharing them mentally zapped me.
I don't know if that makes sense...
It made me count my blessings. Thankful I came through. And really in a funk just thinking of how many ways I failed Him, and grateful for the chance to try again to please Him.

The Purple Fuzzy

Just talking to folks zaps me, so I can see it. ;)

Had a stupid raccoon in my chicken coop this afternoon. Grr

Roscoe

Poor little coon. And 'roundabout here, there are still folks who eat those little trash pandas and claim they are tasty. I've yet to try it, but honestly would given the chance.
Morning all. Back at work on a beautiful Friday. If we weren't short handed and me somewhat the acting supervisor today, I'd have stayed home.

MsJennJenn

I'm officially in overtime. Been a long work-week for me. And that's a lot cus I rarely do much LOL
Boss is on vacation next week though, and then I go week after. So excited!!

Fiancé should hopefully find out something soon about his future and getting promoted.
I sure hope so. I'm tired of it being up in the air. It's stressful all around.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 12, 2022, 12:27:43 PMPoor little coon. And 'roundabout here, there are still folks who eat those little trash pandas and claim they are tasty. I've yet to try it, but honestly would given the chance.
Mmmmm, barbecued coon. That was one of the staples at our men's wild meat dinners. Some things varied from year to year, but you could always count on squirrel and dumplings, rabbit gumbo, pan fried deer steaks, duck dressing, fried catfish and barbecued coon.

Ole coony is so fat that he cooks up nice and soft. One year I came this close to eating myself sick on barbecued coon.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's hot out today. My back porch said 105* a bit ago, it's says 104* now. You can still feel fall in the air in the mornings. School started today in our area. Hubby heard the bus come by this morning.

Roscoe

One of the hottest days on record here. I went with Bro Papa to Salem, where he had a dr appointment. It's almost 3 hours one way and at 75, I wasn't crazy about him going alone. Had a good conversation, ate at a terrific little hole in the wall cafe, and accomplished nearly nothing. Back to work tomorrow....

Lynx

I know y'all ain't THAT backwoods, that you'd have to drive three hours for just any ole doctor. Now I'm wondering what kind of doctor this was.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 16, 2022, 10:32:37 AMI know y'all ain't THAT backwoods, that you'd have to drive three hours for just any ole doctor. Now I'm wondering what kind of doctor this was.
His doctor has several offices. Bro Papa needed to see him and it was wait for several months or take an available appointment in a satellite office. No biggie.
And lord, today is starting poorly. Chey begged to take the 'vette to school as it is the first day. I agreed although I worry.
Then- couldn't find my keys, work car had a dead battery, managed to stain my paints somehow, and realized I'd grabbed an old uniform shirt of a different style.
I told my coworker- I'm counting this as a win. I'm at work, I have pants on and a shirt on. Don't ask for anything more.

Lynx

Uh oh.  Chey be trying to impress someone. I'd be worried too.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

"Managed to stain your paints" eh?  :o  :biglaugh:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

Been a day here. Spent most of my shift by myself since my manager was out for a few hours taking care of family responsibilities and the time she did work she was in the backroom.

Was getting ready for bed only to realize I had no hot water. Investigation revealed that the gas company had changed out my meter and left the gas off till I called them. Thankfully my dad has connections with the local lady at the gas company and was able to have her come turn the gas back on at 9pm so I'd have a hot shower in the morning.