News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'd be glad to send it to you, Jenn. ;)

Lynx

I have zero sympathy for the snake. It got off a lot lighter than it deserved.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
It's Chey's party day. Lord the introvert in me will be glad when its over. Been up all night- cooked up about 15 lbs of pork butt, a pork loin, have another about to go in the smoker, a big pan of "cowboy beans", cake and cupcakes ready.
Fixing to go get paper plates, drinks, etc..
 Sad thing is, Lou took forever to do the invitations. I dont know if I'll have 20 people or 60....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

If you wind up with 20, there ain't a thing in the world wrong with leftover pork.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Ugh. I've got some sort of bug. Aching all over, headache, sore throat, cough, etc.

Roscoe

Well. Party was a success.  About 35 or 40 people.  Chey was a vision of loveliness  as seen below. A bit "extra"

But you only turn 16 once. Had enough  food. Kim took the left over pork butt, which wasn't a ton.
My nephew had a fit and took what was left of the pork loin.
 I'm now comfortable in one of the nicest places we've ever stayed. This will be a getaway  for us when we can't afford  to go far.
Just minutes  from the house but might as well be in middle of nowhere

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Man. GP DEAD.
Got church in a bit.. off tomorrow and if it isnt too hot, I'll do some much needed work on Sam.

Lynx

I'm still here. Just got nothing to say.

Today is church homecoming, but I stayed at home. Today was uncle Fred's turn to go to church. Also he was needed to play bass for the Happy Heirs singing group.

I am busy playing Fallout: New Vegas. I already played through it as a nice, helpful guy. Now I'm playing through it as a jerk, mostly to get the Caesar quests that a good guy couldn't get.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Why do you have to take turns? Grandma?

Lynx

Yeah. Next Sunday Fred will be here and I'll be at church.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm sorry, I didn't realize she was home bound.

Lynx

Oh we can take her out places. We just can't leave her alone at all.

It's getting interesting. Three days ago she started asking where I was. I'm right here. She swore up, down, sideways and diagonal that I was not Isaac, even after I showed her my driver's license.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Things are a little crazy in my world.  One of my morning coworkers is in the hospital with a brain tumor.  The other morning coworker is on vacation this week.  It's been me and the department manager keeping things put together with some help from a college student that works part time in Electronics.

Roscoe

Hi. Back at work.
Isaac, I hate that you are dealing with this with grandma. Alzheimer's/Dementia is truly a terrible thing and is both heartbreaking and physically taxing on family members. Proud of you for stepping up and helping her, though. It's great that y'all are able to. One of the hardest days of my life was taking my mama to the nursing home when we ran out of options and ways to keep her at home. Praying for ya.
And BSR- terrible bout the coworker with the brain tumor. And I hate that it means more work for you.

In my world- I'm loving my 10 hour days, with three day weekends. I actually feel like I have a little time to get things done. Still am considering taking an entire week off in September or October, just to focus on Sam. If I did that, and made myself treat him like a job, I could likely knock out most of his bodywork and paint that week...
And my department needs to get on the ball about two things- first the purchase order for tires for my state car. I NEED it and its paid for gas. And 2) our promised bonus- several months ago the governor approved a $5,000 bonus for active law enforcement. News said we would get it in July. News lied. They are still "verifying the qualifications"". Crooks need to cut loose of the money. I need it. LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

Still struggling with the "crud" here.

MsJennJenn

I've been out of town for my birthday/bachelorette with my two girlfriends.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

October 22 - we're doing a very small elopement type ceremony.

I very much did not want wedding. I cannot justify spending thousands of dollars that I don't have.
And I just turned 37 too so feels weird to put something like that on my parents even though I know they would help.
But I did want "wedding day" photos. So I let my parents buy my dress and we're having a few family members and close friends for an intimate elopement day.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 26, 2022, 07:31:19 PMOctober 22 - we're doing a very small elopement type ceremony.

I very much did not want wedding. I cannot justify spending thousands of dollars that I don't have.
And I just turned 37 too so feels weird to put something like that on my parents even though I know they would help.
But I did want "wedding day" photos. So I let my parents buy my dress and we're having a few family members and close friends for an intimate elopement day.
If you serve fruit at the tiny reception, don't serve canteloupe. Can't-elope.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Sounds like a great plan MJJ!

Roscoe - She looked beautiful and fancy!! Always a great idea to dress up and enjoy life! lol

Long weekend off w/ family. Wasn't quite as restful as I would have liked, but it was still time off work, so not all bad. :)

Roscoe

Hi. Well. I took off today. Went with Chey to renew her license. Then off she went to pick up a friend. Me, I'm a nervous wreck. I went to the church and prayed, then went and met a guy who was interested in buying the Corvette. Got a surprise when I told Lou; I wound up with a bit of an outcry, as she and Chey neither one wanted me to sell it. Both say I need it, and should keep it as it is nice, reliable and has a/c.  I wasn't exactly jumping up and down to sell it, but it really isn't necessary, I'm NOT selling Sam or Rusty, so I figured I'd put it up, then buy a different one in a year or two. Yes, I have a problem. It's known as Automotive Attention Deficit Disorder. I get easily sidetracked.
The guy looked, told me he was actually wanting a different color (uh, you couldn't plainly see the red and white in the pic?) and decided to not buy it. So I guess I keep it....
I'm at home now, while chey drives back to her school, about 40 miles round trip, to drop off somepaperwork. She is, of course, manufacturing things to do that involve driving.....:laughhard:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on July 26, 2022, 09:37:13 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 26, 2022, 07:31:19 PMOctober 22 - we're doing a very small elopement type ceremony.

If you serve fruit at the tiny reception, don't serve canteloupe. Can't-elope.

ba dum tis  :ugly:
I don't like cantaloupe lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Good morning. Beautiful cooler day. Bit o rain last night which we needed. I'm gonna be cruising the highways and byways today. Then a weekend, that I currently intended to dedicate to my car projects. Three day weekend, I am coming for you. :-)

The Purple Fuzzy

This crud is taking a while to get over.