News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Ooooooh... As soon as you said it's not watery I knew what it is. My cousin had a beehive in her wall.

My sympathy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on July 07, 2022, 09:14:38 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 07, 2022, 06:55:02 PMWell my car that died in Indiana is finally on it's way back to me in Texas. lol
a month later... :roll:

But blessings I didnt have to go drive back up there to get it. :clap:
Musta been a Ford. :laughhard:

Har har. It's a Kia thank you very much. The engine blew and Kia has a lifetime warranty on their engines so I didnt have to pay!  :argue: :pound:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I guess Kia can do that, since it doesn't cost much for a couple of hamsters to spin the wheel. :laughhard:

My guy didn't call about the bees :pound:.
The more I think about it and am around, I'm agreeing with Bro Wilson. We don't have an active hive. Several years back, we had bees all around. Ladies made comments about it while making peanut brittle. Me, I just assumed they had a hive in the nearby woods.
They quit coming around abruptly.
Now, I don't hear humming as one would with an active hive; and I haven't seen a bee. You would think if the hive was active I'd at least see one now and then in the vicinity.
I suspect now that they had a nice hive and produced the honey; then for whatever reason abandoned the hive.
The honey remained sealed up with wax caps in the comb. This last week, we've had unusually hot- even for Arkansas- summer weather with temps over triple digits and heat index of 115 or better.
I think this caused the wax caps to melt, and the honey to flow.
Either way, We still gotta clean it. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Are you saying you have had a beehive in the church wall and nobody knew it?!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@Work. Sleepy after lunch. Finally finished the chicken broccoli alfredo leftovers that I first made Saturday. LoL.

Busy day today. Have to rush to the store after work to get the craft supplies and then run to church to get things set up for tonight's children's church. I'm running that solo tonight since our pastor and wife are out of town. I ~think~ I have things good to go, haha.

Roscoe

So tired. Sleep delayed visiting me last night until the wee hours. Today's ten hour shift is an eternity long. LOL
Thankful today for a friend who teaches Wednesday night.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We couldn't get to sleep last night while visiting oldest daughter so, as we were leaving early in the morning to come home anyway, we drove about 4 1/2 hrs home after midnight. Glad to be home.

Roscoe

:hi:
Morning. Made it. Slept pretty decent last night after church. Love my new morning time portion of my shift. Even though I'm not a morning person, being here before the hordes arrive give me much time to get things done without being bothered.

Roscoe

Sitting here trying not to bawl like a baby. Watching the livestream of Bro Darrell Thrasher's funeral. So many messages of my youth came from this man and his family. He was so young. Some reason I thought he was 15,20 years older than me. Nope. Just seven years older, at 52. What a life well lived.

Nelle

@Work. Ready for lunch.

Not TOO busy of a weekend this time. Working on the house of course, and then teaching Sunday School on Sunday. The girls are out of town on a little trip, so I'm covering this one. Praying all goes well. I've taught SS a long time, but some of the newer children make me very aware that I need to keep learning how to handle children with different needs. They can be absolute sweethearts one minute and the next, disruptive and pretending like I'm not alive, haha. I hope Sunday is more of the first and less of the second for my sake at least.

Roscoe

Shew. Drove, or rather rode, half a million miles today. Manage to stop by out local Tyson Company store and bagged some Cornish hens and some Polish sausages; stopped by a local butcher house and bought a huge stick of their delicious summer sausage; then, just when we were heading back to the office, spied an old guy selling watermelons and some of the locally renown Esau, Arkansas sweet corn. It is amazing- The area it is grown is is flat prairie land farm land and I wouldn't want to live there, but it produces some of the best sweet corn in the world. Needless to say, my work sistah and I split a 50lb bag...
Yes, I DO work. But YES, I WILL take advantage of tooling around the countryside to add to my freezer. LOL

Lynx

25 pounds of corn?

Shoot, you'll get the squirts till you fall over...
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Shew. Still warm out and forecast to stay that way. As in 115 degree heat index possible.
At church  trying to get things together for tonight. Looks like half the church is sick.

Roscoe

Well. Decent church turn out. Didn't feel what I had was right, when I got on the platform and the worship started, God let me know in no uncertain terms what I was doing. Preached heart out for about 20 minutes, good response.
Came in today, working for coworker- we traded my monday off for her friday off. She was on a cruise and didn't want to rush back, and I need off Friday for the birthday party anyway.

Nelle

@Work.

Just today thru Thurs working and then off to my parentals. We are driving down to Eureka on Sunday and rushing back on Tuesday. I have to drop Mom off and then head home myself so I can be at work on Wednesday morning.

How close are you to Eureka, Roscoe? I have no idea what our plans are while we are there. I need to find out from my brother what he has up his sleeve. Hoping there won't be any hikes.

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I'm here. Nothing interesting going at the moment.

Backseat Radio

Been a miserable day for me.  Apparently, I'm allergic to eggs.  I'd been having problems with diarrhea that cleared up when I quit eating eggs for several days.  Last night I decided to eat a few eggs again just to see.  This morning the nausea, cramps, and diarrhea was back with a vengeance.   

:flush:

Lynx

Allergic to eggs? I have never heard of such.

Good that you know what to avoid though.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on July 18, 2022, 07:44:51 PM@Work.

Just today thru Thurs working and then off to my parentals. We are driving down to Eureka on Sunday and rushing back on Tuesday. I have to drop Mom off and then head home myself so I can be at work on Wednesday morning.

How close are you to Eureka, Roscoe? I have no idea what our plans are while we are there. I need to find out from my brother what he has up his sleeve. Hoping there won't be any hikes.
Ah, we probably an hour, hour and a half away from Eureka. And I doubt you'll have to deal with hiking...Eureka is more of a resort town than a nature trail place.
Day two of the hostage situation, aka work.
The tire on my state car was flat so I drove the vette in.
The state can be so annoying. Used to, we could put a flat fix or an emergency tire on our gas card. Some idiot bought a coke with the gas card so rather than punish him, they rolled out a blanket rule. Got to get a purchase order for everything except gas.
I'm tempted to buy gas and buy a coke on the card just to show them their careful measures are ridiculous. Yeah making me get a purchase order which takes two weeks really keeps someone from buying a coke on the card

The Purple Fuzzy

Ok, guys. I did something tonight that I never wanted to do. There was a smallish snake in our house. I don't like snakes but hubby is really grossed out by creepy crawlies so there wasn't much choice. I didn't want it loose where I didn't know where it was. I put on a rubber glove and grabbed it near the head. It was longer than I thought, probably at least 3 feet long. It tried to wrap on my arm and I didn't want it touching me. I only had on one glove, so I swung it in circles until I could get it outside and I threw it in the field next door. That's more excitement than I needed.

Lynx

Alive? You let it live?!

Snake Lives Don't Matter! (Doesn't matter whether or not they are poisonous.)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

You GRABBED it?!? Oh, no.Not gonna happen. Will scream and cry like a teenage girl.
And the rubber glove didn't help...
Last time that happened to me I literally beat a broom into splinters killing it,and swept the snake remains out in a dust pan.
It might sprinkle a bit today.
I am zapped too. Day three for the week...

The Purple Fuzzy

It was not in a good place to kill and I sure didn't want it loose in my house where I didn't know where it went. Sometimes you have to just do things as the lesser of two evils. I didn't need hubby shooting the walls or computer...

Roscoe

I'd be shooting walls. LOL. You are braver than I.
Shew. Enjoyed some ribs and salad for dinner. Gotta make a trip out to the house in a bit..then back here until church time.