News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

Monday isn't a holiday where I work.  Its a show up for work under threat of being double pointed for calling off day.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on July 01, 2022, 06:33:01 PMMonday isn't a holiday where I work.  Its a show up for work under threat of being double pointed for calling off day.

Yeah, that. Where I w*rk they put a sign up at the time clock that if you call in this particular weekend your wage gets reduced by a quarter per hour and you might get suspended.

The bicycle license caught me by surprise. Which city is this again?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's crazy to be expected to work if sick but so many folks lie about it. I can sorta see both sides.

Roscoe

Hi. Running in to wave. Nothing new to report, just working on home projects and Sam.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Switched kiddos. Now we have the older two. They will be here a week.

Roscoe

Shew. I need to go back to work to get a break. Despite my sore shoulder, I managed to dig a total of 6 18 to 24 inch deep post holes; set post and square them, then cement them in; two different rounds of body filler on Sam's cab corner and a round of primer; went to picnic at a friend's house;and drove Rusty to Russellville to get $200 worth of lumber, including aforementioned posts.
On the bright side, as soon as I can get time and help setting two 10 foot 2x6s, I can put up the supporting structure and be ready for the expensive part- the metal roofing material. All this work to protect my cars and keep from having to scrape windshields this winter..
 Oh, and part of the lumber I bought was 2x4 for the framing of Lou's future bedroom/master suite. I haven't forgotten it, it just takes a bit when you are doing it as you can swing it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

A lot of money went up in smoke last night and my dog was a nervous wreck. Every year I feel more sorry for that poor dog on July 4th. This year, with the 4th on Monday, they were popping fireworks four nights straight.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

Neighbors with fireworks are super annoying when you're trying to sleep cause you work the early bird shift

Nelle

@Work. Just ate a peach donut for breakfast from a local orchard. Would've appreciated peaches in the actual donut and not just in the icing flavoring. But oh well! :) We also had a peach smoothie from another orchard, as well as a peach razzle (soft serve ice cream with bits of peaches in it) from the same orchard as the donuts. Both were tastier than the donut, hahaha. We also bought some fresh peaches. Can't wait to eat those.

Husband cut up our watermelon last night as well. Had to eat some of that last evening. I'm pretty sure I ate all day. I didn't get any naps this weekend, BUT I did sleep in a couple of days. We had a gumbo lunch on Sunday w/ family & church family. Everyone was happy. There were beignets. :)

Not sure what I'm making for supper yet. It may have to be quick since I have to run some errands to get ready for tomorrow night's kids church kickoff of "Watermelon Wednesdays" for the month of July. We're gonna be eating watermelon and learning stuff and singing songs and playing games and doing crafts, haha. I'll be spending lunch writing my list for the stores. I don't think my amazon purchases are going to make it in time, but that'll be fine I think. We can surprise them with it next week.

Didn't watch a single parade or fireworks show this year. I did hear all our neighborhood "shows" all weekend tho. Saturday night was my favorite though. I was so tired and wanting to go to bed, but the cats are scared of the firework sounds. So I was trying to stay up with them.. about 11:30 my prayers were answered - a storm rolled in! LOL..  They didn't go too crazy last night thankfully.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lord. You gonna become a peach. And not in the metaphorical sense.

Plugging through work. Went to court, now I gotta make it to 5 pm. Then home, and I'll throw a steak on the grill to smoke.....

Lynx

Wisdom just now given to me by one of my uncles, in the family group text:

"Diarrhea is hereditary. It runs in your jeans."

I told him that was a dirty joke.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Hi.
Sorting out paperwork. People who have never been involved with criminal justice would be surprised at the manner some things simply get lost. :pound:
Church tonight. Still dealing with some soreness re: arm and general icky-ness in our house. And it is hotter than the devil's belly too.

Nelle

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Well my car that died in Indiana is finally on it's way back to me in Texas. lol
a month later... :roll:

But blessings I didnt have to go drive back up there to get it. :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 07, 2022, 06:55:02 PMWell my car that died in Indiana is finally on it's way back to me in Texas. lol
a month later... :roll:

But blessings I didnt have to go drive back up there to get it. :clap:
Musta been a Ford. :laughhard:
 Shew. This day is draaagiing. Just had an offender come in whose case was transferred to me. She told the receptionist she didn't know who she was supposed to see, then when told it was me, informed the receptionist that "he isn't my favorite person".
Well, surprise girlie, you ain't my favorite either.
The funny thing is, she came back here, joked and cut up with me, talked about Lou inviting her to church and was just peaches and cream to me. Snake.
She had no idea I knew what she had said. I just smiled, told her how much we'd love to have her come visit us at church and was super kind to her. She need to come. Need to get that lying conniving spirit cast out. :pound:
Oh well. Some folks are difficult to love, but as the lesson last night said- we gotta love our neighbor, defined as anyone in your circle.
Sometime, the human side wants to push people outta that circle though. :pound:

Backseat Radio

Found a little snake in my yard tonight. Based on the brown checker pattern it had, I think it was a garter snake of some sort.

Roscoe

Back at work. My work sistah is out sick so no home visits and a long boring day.:pound:
 Boss just told me 10 hour shifts, four days a week start Monday, which means I begin my three day weekends today. I'm skeptical as they given us dates at least three different times. If I make it until 5 pm without them changing their mind though, they won't see or hear me again until Tuesday. I'll ghost 'em. LOL

Nelle

@Work. Tired, as always haha. Our girl cat will NOT let me sleep through the night. Feeling like I have a newborn hahaha. Hopefully whatever it is, she stops it.

I'd for sure want that change of hours in writing. LOL.

I would never tell someone in the same office especially that I didn't really care for someone. I don't think I ever tell that... but then I've mostly learned to not say things that I wouldn't want spread around and especially try to only say kind things if I can, haha. Except to my momma... she knows all my real feelings.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on July 08, 2022, 01:52:20 PM@Work. Tired, as always haha. Our girl cat will NOT let me sleep through the night. Feeling like I have a newborn hahaha. Hopefully whatever it is, she stops it.

I'd for sure want that change of hours in writing. LOL.

I would never tell someone in the same office especially that I didn't really care for someone. I don't think I ever tell that... but then I've mostly learned to not say things that I wouldn't want spread around and especially try to only say kind things if I can, haha. Except to my momma... she knows all my real feelings.
I'm very careful with what I say, especially now. Having said that, I know I have a receptionist that semi-likes/tolerates me, and another officer who does the same. No idea what I did to get on their bad side, but it is what it is. I smile, speak kindly to them and try to offer help whenever I can.
I can't change the way someone feels. And I can't change whatever I did to upset them if they don't tell me, so I just sail along, trying my best to be kind.
And re: hours in writing- does no good. The last two times I had emails saved where they put it in writing when we were starting. And they STILL hosed me. :pound:

Roscoe

Waaay to easy to overheat in this weather. Been working on the carport- about overdid it last night and got dizzy. Did I learn? No. Went and got materials today. Went to work. Easy, not stressful...Shoot. Got to the top of fthe ladder a few ago and nearly passed out. Sick to stomach, head pounding, dizzy. Yeah, I came in to the a/c with a bottle of water. It'll have to wait.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 09, 2022, 05:57:49 PMWaaay to easy to overheat in this weather. Been working on the carport- about overdid it last night and got dizzy. Did I learn? No. Went and got materials today. Went to work. Easy, not stressful...Shoot. Got to the top of fthe ladder a few ago and nearly passed out. Sick to stomach, head pounding, dizzy. Yeah, I came in to the a/c with a bottle of water. It'll have to wait.
It'll still be there in October.

Make sure YOU are still here in October. Be careful bro.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Shew Lord.
Yeah, Lynx, I slowed down a bit after that.
Well. Went to church tonight. Was in the office when Sis Lauren came in "Hey, there's like brown water or something coming up under the ladies' bathroom wall." Having images of toilet water in someway leaking, I went to check it out. Wait- that isn't watery. That's got a thicker consistancy, kinda like honey. Honey? I looked up the wall- a thin ribbon of a syrup consistancy. Walked around behind the church, there  was a ribbon with ants... I screwed up my courage, dipped my finger in the ribbon, tasted. Yep. Honey. We have an active bee hive IN THE WALL OF THE CHURCH. God only knows what this will cost.  I told a friend, I know He promised a land flowing with milk and honey, but I didn't think it was literal, from the walls. If I see a cow, I'm running. :laughhard: