News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Been that way all weekend lol. 100+ over here. Was 106 yesterday? I think.
Supposed to be in 100's+ all week here.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Yeah, well... Gotta expect that in Texas.

On really hot days I come in from sweeping up trash in the parking lot and go to the walk-in freezer to pull what I call a reverse-Shadrach. I sit down in the freezer and the ice can't touch me. I'm carrying so much heat that I make an instant and persistent fog.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning all. Fixing to roll out to get some things done. Swap Meet officially starts tomorrow.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

What are you bringing to swap?

What are you hoping to swap for?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

He will probably be knee deep in old cars the rest of the week. ;)

Roscoe

Fuzz is accurate. :lol:
I carried alot of my parts from past projects up- things that I'd hung on to thinking I'd use some time, but if it's been in my storage for 8 years and I haven't thought about it, I probably don't need it.
 Long story short, I've actually sold enough to pay for my swap space for this year. If I can sell another $100 worth, I'll have paid for next years' spot too. :ugly:
Having a great time. Came off the mountan for church. Gotta take Chey for her driving portion of the driver's exam tomorrow, then back to the mountain.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

So Moses came down from the mountain to preach to the people and train up a child in the way she should go (literally.) Then he did ascend again into the mountain.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

You ain't right, Isaac. :laughhard: But, you ain't wrong, either.
Chey passed her test. I got annoyed with my pitboss- put a pork loin on, smoke rolling, and went for a stroll. Came bck about 30 minutes later and discovered the auger had jammed up and fire had gone out. Pork Loin came home in a cooler, I took apart the Pitboss and finally got it fixed. Too hot for anything else, so I came home. Will go back tomorrow.

Roscoe

Lynx

I made it through the week without punching anybody!

When you work with teenagers who don't give a *I like to use words that offend people. I don't think it's wrong, and I don't care if it offends people* in a whirlwind, that's about the best you can hope for. It's all relative.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

The weeks seem to fly by quicker and quicker.

Lynx

Wait, a word for passing gas triggers the forum profanity filter?

Who made that word list?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

No idea. But it  triggers on alot of words I use. :lol:
So, took Chey to get her "official" license. Went and got some lumber for the remodel projects and marked places for post holes for a car port. Had a replacement wheel for Rusty installed, as he had a warped wheel.
Now, I am smoking steak for dinner.
Enjoyed the ministry of Mini and his wife this weekend, as well as their company. He flat preached and spoke into our lives. I needed it all- the companionship, the correction, the counsel, the prayers, the encouragement, and the worship.
Now- forward.
Bro Wilson loves his ceremony. He brought a picture of me up and I thought for all the world I had died and they were having a memorial. He gave me an ordination ceremony/certificate. I love him immensly. I've told him repeatedly that I don't need ceremony or titles, but if it makes him happy....
Personally, I'd have been happier without it. I was focused on the bbq that was waiting upstairs.

Roscoe

Sheesh. Back at work. I really woulda made a GREAT rich man.

Nelle

@Work as well.

Busy week this week. Yesterday lab for bloodwork and then work. Today, work then oil change. Tomorrow work and church. Thursday, work and dentist. I hope Friday looks free except for work, haha.

Roscoe

Hi. Swimming in Bureaucratic  red tape. Sheesh. Sometimes, government annoys me. :pound:

MsJennJenn

Sometimes? lol

I got engaged last night! :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Oh Lawd. Congratulations, I guess.  :laughhard:

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 22, 2022, 06:14:11 PMSometimes? lol

I got engaged last night! :hypocrite:

Awww! Congratulations!!

@work. Eating a Crunch bar. I also had a slice of lemon cake earlier.. before lunch, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Good Morning. Dreadful start to the day. I awoke to the news that a friend, who was a jailer in one of the local jails, was killed last night by an arrestee who had a concealed gun. He was a good kid, just 21 years old.
I joked with him a few weeks ago about how this career was not fun anymore and too dangerous.
Praying for his family, while simultaneously wanting to go to the jail and end the arrestee with extreme prejudice.

MsJennJenn

Thanks ya'll! Happy happy!

Had dentist this morning for to cavities. Ugh.

Yikes Bobby that sounds scary.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

Been stuck at home sick today.
Had slight fever, chills, headache, and nausea. Slept most of the day.