News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

It was nice today. A bit cooler, around upper 60s, but still nice. I wound up buying and mounting a 65 inch in the sanctuary. By the time I and my nephew got that done, it was off to Conway to check on a sick man who has came several times and who is the father of our assistant pastor. He's 83, and it was his wife's memorial service we had recently. Had a few mini strokes....
Long story short, pretty much all day today was church business, which I really had not expected. Oh well. Maybe Monday I can work on Sam a bit. Now to get back to studying for tomorrow night.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

You gonna put words to songs up on the wall? Or would half the people revolt?

Man, the controversy when we decided to cast video on the wall in church...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on April 23, 2023, 02:09:11 PMYou gonna put words to songs up on the wall? Or would half the people revolt?

Man, the controversy when we decided to cast video on the wall in church...

I would think a church would want the words and scriptures up on a big screen for those that can't read the tiny print in a hymnal or bible or for new songs not in the hymnal.

Roscoe

Seems like everyone is positive about it. Haven't heard controversy about it at all.  Even the older folks are okay with it. At the risk of getting into standards and such, the internet and the way nearly everything in society is based has numbed the thought of a screen being wrong.
Personally, I still teach and preach to put no evil thing before thine eye- be it on a big screen, a phone, a book, an ipad...period.
 Still working on apps and the like to cast songs, but I've got a PowerPoint I'm gonna try tonight. We will see how it goes.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 23, 2023, 07:41:02 PMStill working on apps and the like to cast songs, but I've got a PowerPoint I'm gonna try tonight. We will see how it goes.
I hear OpenLP is good, easy to use and freeeeeee!

If you try it and don't like it, you haven't spent anything.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Thanks! I'll check it out.  It went pretty well last night, although I quickly determined that while I can use PowerPoint for Bible study, it doesn't work for preaching. The kid that was going to run it was out last night...and with my tendency to expound on things a bit, no way the slides would've helped anyway. LOL So the title was put up...the initial scripture, and then I forgot about it and chased God. :laughhard:
And the only negative I heard- was "Can we get one on this side too? I see a bit of a glare from the lights on that side.."
 The way our baptistry is and the giant honkin' ceiling fan and then the overhead speaker set up- they block putting the screen in the center, so I put this one on the left side of the platform. Now I need to put a matching one on the right side I guess..

And I have to admit being SUPER lazy today. It's noon. I just got up at 1115, and washed dishes. That's the sum of productivity today.

Roscoe

Hi. Back at work stuck in a cpr class...

The Purple Fuzzy

Been washing eggs. I got 9 dz sold for this afternoon. I won't get rich but it helps with feed costs.

Nelle

Sleepy @work.

Finally got my root canal appointment for next Monday! Unfortunately I'm going to have to drive myself and I've only ever driven on the interstate in Paducah. It's just so busy everytime we've gone that I never really know where things are, haha. Thank goodness for gps!

Roscoe

:hi:
 Day two of some training. I hate it when they bunch trainings together for several days in a row. Makes it difficult to schedule. Last week it was Firearms...yesterday it was CPR. Today it's Defensive Tactics, on a day that my shoulder says "No".  :pound:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 26, 2023, 12:45:20 PM:hi:
 Day two of some training. I hate it when they bunch trainings together for several days in a row. Makes it difficult to schedule. Last week it was Firearms...yesterday it was CPR. Today it's Defensive Tactics, on a day that my shoulder says "No".  :pound:
Let's see, I know I have those old drill sergeant notes somewhere around here...

Ah, here we go!

S-uck it up soldier! You think the enemy is gonna let you off easy just because your shoulder ain't feelin' it today? Now get out there and...

Oh forget it. All that yelling hurts the throat.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Busy day ahead for me. Getting my teeth cleaned this morning. Got to mow my yard this afternoon. Then got choir practice tonight.

Lynx

We got a corporate visit today. Hooray.

I know my job and I'll do it just like every other day. But there will be a LOT of free floating stress.

The main thing is, if you take collateral damage from a stressed out person snapping at you, remember he's not really mad at you. He's just got a lot of pressure right now. Keep moving.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Isaac when you get a minute text me. I think the number I have for you is old.....
Good morning all. Yesterday training got cancelled. Got a call from the school that Chey had blacked out. It was brief, but enough I called the doctor.  Had to turn around and go pick her up. Doctor says Inner ear infection. Spent most of the day doing that and getting her medicine.  Thankful for the amount of sick time I have I can take when needed.
Last night- part two of Bible study. I think next Wednesday I'll finish it up. I got to a point on "submission", realized how lengthy it was going to be on that point and how I was going to break it down, and decided I'd wait until next week for the incoming airborne overripe vegetables. :laughhard:
Back at work

MsJennJenn

Had to go to office 3 days this week for team meetings. So exhausting. I miss my pjs lol.
But I hit overtime right about now so that'll be nice. Supposed to storm again by tonight. So over the rain. I know it's good for my garden but I need a few days of sunshine.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I'm over rain too. I'm also over adulting; over working; over people, and pretty much over everything. I wanna do an Elijah and crawl into a cave, preferably with a good book, but I really would prefer something more substantial than a Raven bring my food. I don't think they can carry enough...

Lynx

I dunno... Was he fed by one raven or a flock?

We had that blue-cover bible with pictures when I was a kid, and it had a drawing of Elijah being fed by a whole crowd of birds like a bucket brigade.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

So I found out I am identified by my jokes. Oh well. It beats the previous method.

One time when Dad was on his way back to Kentucky after a visit here, he stopped by the local salvage grocery to see if they had any more of the dried cherries I had bought there. He introduced himself as Isaac's father. "Who's Isaac?" "He's the guy that when he finds something he likes, he buys every jar or box of it." "Oh, THAT guy! Yeah, we know him."

>.>

What? I know I'll never find that item again.

Last Saturday I met Amanda's husband at Subway. Amanda is a coworker, a rather kindly young lady. Her husband seems kindly too, and quite intelligent. Later he mentioned to Amanda that he had met one of her coworkers. "Cool, which one?" "Well he was a middle aged man and he was telling jokes, had everyone cracking up." (His estimate of the situation, not mine.) "Oh that would be Mr. Isaac."

Oh well. I'll take it. It's better than my father's method.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Been a busy day for me.  Had a new hire in my department walk off the job and quit 2 hours into her shift yesterday so we had to work with one less person today... plus our department manager has the weekend off.  My church was doing a tenderloin dinner fundraiser this afternoon, so I took a late lunch to go get me some food from the church.  :fork:

Roscoe

Been lazy today. Hurt a bit this morning...spent most of the day studying for tomorrow. Then this afternoon, I fired up the smoker for fifth Sunday potluck. Tinkered a bit on the eternal project and actually fired up the motorhome and drove it a few miles, just to exercise it. I may be cruising it over to Isaac's general area this summer- got a nephew highly interested in a museum not far from his place, and he wants to come see it. I figure we'll fire up the motorhome one weekend and roll over.

Lynx

It ain't the Buford Pusser museum, is it?
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Sad it's Monday again. I'm with Roscoe I dont want to work. Over being an adult.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a beautiful sunny day today. No one wants to sit at a desk on those days.