News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

So glad it's Friday. Had to be on camera starting at 9. I'm already over it.  :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I have covid now. Bleh.

I just got back from a vacation, worked a whole week, and now I'm on the sidelines until the fourth.

I think they meant April fourth. If they mean something else, I hope they'll mention it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Aside from the boredom it's not all that bad. My family doesn't seem to be hit very hard by covid. I think it's genetic.

For our family it seems to usually be like a mild cold that doesn't even bother to put out all the symptoms. But I have to stay home anyway. Some people get hit a lot harder, and I don't want them to catch it from me.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Well, having had it twice- and possibly a third time, undiagnosed- it wasn't bad for me either other than the tiredness afterwards. I did deal with that. But it really messed Lou up... she still has struggles and symptoms.
Got up today and installed a grab rail/handicap assist in the church's women's bathroom. A week or so ago, while in the church office, there was a knock on the door. Sweet little 80 year old saint who's been a member most of my life:" Bro Moses, do you think we could get a handicap rail in a bathroom stall? I was stuck in the bathroom for a while because I had nothing to grab and just about didn't make it up without falling". I'd never thought about it. So today there is a 36 inch long angle handicap rail in a stall in the women's bathroom. Then I went and saw an old friend, came home and did more work on Sam, and I sit here, considering tomorrow's sermon and smoking a pot roast...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

It's amazing the sheer number of little things you have to consider as a pastor. Our church recently got a defibrilator unit hanging on the wall at the major hall intersection. I had never thought of that, but apparently someone mentioned it to the pastor and we decided we need it.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's crazy what you never needed when you're younger but when you put on a few years it is almost a necessity.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 01, 2023, 10:57:28 PMWell, having had it twice- and possibly a third time, undiagnosed- it wasn't bad for me either other than the tiredness afterwards. I did deal with that. But it really messed Lou up... she still has struggles and symptoms.
Got up today and installed a grab rail/handicap assist in the church's women's bathroom. A week or so ago, while in the church office, there was a knock on the door. Sweet little 80 year old saint who's been a member most of my life:" Bro Moses, do you think we could get a handicap rail in a bathroom stall? I was stuck in the bathroom for a while because I had nothing to grab and just about didn't make it up without falling". I'd never thought about it. So today there is a 36 inch long angle handicap rail in a stall in the women's bathroom. Then I went and saw an old friend, came home and did more work on Sam, and I sit here, considering tomorrow's sermon and smoking a pot roast...
How did I miss this before?

*Lynx runs off yelling, "Bobby's smoking pot! Bobby's smoking pot!"
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Snitch.

Had morning service today. First time in 15 years we've had a morning service on Sunday in regular worship. We, like many churches, went to one service a Sunday way back then and never changed it.
We will see how it goes, and if we will keep this or not.
 I'm fixing to leave and go pick up a brother needing a ride. I stayed at church between services, ate at local Sonic and came back, to study and pray. I know what I'm preaching, I just pray His anointing flows and it comes out like I know it needs to...
We had a bit over 30 there this morning. Kinda surprised me, I know we have several that have to work on Sunday morning, so I had honestly expected low 20s... Now to see if the morning attendees show up tonight too. My worry doing this was that we'd wind up with 15 or 20 in each service.
Our reasoning was to change things up, return to a more traditional time since around here most churches of other denominations are still sunday morning and sunday night, and help some of our elderly who have night blindness be able to make services
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Something recently occurred to me. I'm not sure if it's true and I have no idea what it means if it is true, but I can't remember anything that contradicts it.

I have seen a lot of places in the Bible where men are warned to avoid women who will bring them trouble. I can't remember anywhere in the Bible where women are warned to avoid men who bring trouble.

Any help here?
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Monday again. Spend the weekend working in my garden and yard. I ache. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I've planted my amaryllis bulbs and a few tomatoes. Today I sowed a few squash and cucumber seeds.

MsJennJenn

I built 2 raised garden beds. Then did the layering approach to fill them.
I did tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, red bell pepper, basil, cilantro and jalapenos from plants. and did carrots, sunflowers, zinnias, and green beans from seed.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

@Work. I worked yesterday too.. just in case anyone was wondering if I skipped out, haha.

Wendys is having their $3 breakfast deal (croissant bacon or sausage and their seasoned potatoes), so of course this hungry bear stopped this morning. I get the bacon b/c sausage always ends up grossing me out. I'm glad they also stopped peppering their seasoned breakfast potatoes so heavily. Much more enjoyable now!

Brought Sam's chicken salad for lunch. I have two days to eat the container's worth, so I'm sharing with a coworker or two. Hate wasting it when it's so expensive.

My main office coworker is completely hoarse today. She's been fighting this sickness for a month now. I would've thought she would've gone to the doctor by now.. obviously her body can't fight it off by itself. Hopefully she will get help soon or get better soon. Both for her sake and ours. I'll have to cover all the phones today since she's not able to speak and be heard, haha.

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. Spent yesterday running errands and doing yard work. Got some containers planted with my annuals. Flower beds next week, hopefully. Ready for the day to be over already..lol

The Purple Fuzzy

The other night, there was some hail in part of our town that was a little bigger than a golf ball.  :o

I was glad we didn't get much here since I'd just planted those tomatoes.

Roscoe

Man it stormed last night . Wind like no one's business, rain...woke me up. But this morning- calm. Very overcast and muggy though. I wouldn't put the idea of bad weather to day out of the realm of possibility. Dragging a bit today. And hungry.   :pound:

Lynx

Yeltz'pah!

Yesterday when I was allowed to go back to work, I found out a coworker, one of the nicest ladies you'll ever meet, lost her home during the tornadoes last Friday night. She and hers were in the house when the tornado started tearing it up. Her baby was actually sucked into the next room and buried under some debris. No major injuries, fortunately. But it's a good thing he didn't get knocked unconscious, because if he hadn't been crying they might never have found him.

So they were sitting in the car when the second tornado came through and really trounced the place.

Some things just shouldn't happen to some really nice people.  :-\

I'm a nerd, so all I can offer is a backup laptop or spare phone if they need one. Yeah, that probably won't be much help.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

That's sad.  :-(  We had storms roll through again this morning but we didn't get any bad stuff. The sun is shining, now.

MsJennJenn

Me too Sandra. I didnt even get any rain.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

I've been back on the early bird 7-4 shift this week. Not used to working so early in the day so I'm tired.

Lynx

Well I'm up early. Storm rolling through. Good thing I happened to go to bed a bit early last night.

Might sit out in the garage for a bit and watch the show.

"Oh I love a stormy night
Yes I do..."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

You getting old, Isaac.
Overcast today. As is normal, I am dragging, but trying to make it appear I'm good. On the bright side- I'm currently listening to Kenny Hinson and Call me gone. So it's a good day. Semi dreading this weekend- gotta preach a memorial for my assistant pastor's mother. She used to come to church, then went to a Baptist church for several years and just recently before her passing started back with us. Like 3, 4 services. Not really sure what to say- I didn't know her alot as I was young when she left our church.

Lynx

I demand a refund!

They said the storm last night / this morning would be even more severe than last Friday night. We didn't even get heavy thunderstorm. A little distant thunder and light rain all day long is all we got.

I oughta sue for false advertising.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I'ma sue for it too. It keeps telling me I should expect rain, alas no rain.
If no rain, I dont want the gloom!! I want sunshine!! :demand:
-Alexander Den Heijer-