News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

We made it! My chicken pens are a sludge pit- we got 6ish inches of rain and only lost electricity for a little bit the last night. It motivated Robbie to get the generator hooked up to where it is useable if we need it- so yay for progress!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Yesterday my dog did not leave the carport all day.

Well... I guess he left at SOME point. I never found any piles or puddles where he did his business. But a water dog he is not.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well. We may not be going on our cruise after all. :-(
 Our friends have cancelled due to finances. And while we COULD do it, and had planned to, it will stretch us to do so. Given that, and the fact that the port of call is 2 days drive, Lou told me she wants to go somewhere this weekend for our anniversary, and we will re-assess later about the cruise.
 Oh well. I'd probably have gotten seasick anyways.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Brandon and I both have Labor Day off and were trying to figure out to go hiking or to Knoxville or something. Well he has hurt his knee [and is blaming poor Tiny Car's stick shift] and we both have so much homework that we have decided to stay home in our jammies and do homework all day.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Love these beautiful roads Lou and are are enjoying.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Morning, all. Beautiful day in Columbia, Tn. I finally got to meet a good friend yesterday, and we are fixing to go to church, where I will get to see an old preacher friend I've not saw or talked to in probably 20 years. Then Lou and I will start meandering back home the back way. Been a good trip, one that we needed. Lots of backroads, pleasant times together, and good friends at each end.
 Just wished I had my antique, my daisy dog and domino, and Chey with us. I could totally do this cruising America thing, if I were rich and had an RV....

Lynx

I know. You left your daughter at home to take care of the dogs. :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Close. We left her with a friend... The puppies were cared for by a neighbor and my sister

Roscoe

Well. Slept in today, mowed the yard, and grilled. Was pleased that the scale showed a total weight loss of 5 lbs for week one, then probably destroyed that by eating some of what I grilled.
 Just generally a lazy day. Back to work tomorrow. Why do holiday weekends sail by at the speed of light?

The Purple Fuzzy

And you usually pay dearly for your time off on the day you go back.

Lynx

Speaking of payment...

So Monday is payday where I work. If a given Monday is a holiday, the main office sends the checks early so they will be there anyway. So yesterday we found out our paychecks weren't there when we were supposed to get them...

If you want to see a workplace full of coworkers turn into a workplace full of viragoes real fast, just tell them their paychecks aren't in on time. You could almost see the air get darker.

Calls were made back and forth and it turns out the main office sent the checks early. FedEx dropped the ball. Worse yet, today was the store owner's birthday and he was trying to enjoy it. He left what he was enjoying, went to the main office, reprinted all them checks and had them sent to the respective stores via maintenance men.

So anyway, there sure were a bunch of cranky people at work today. I was a bit grumpy myself, but I kept my mouth shut as much as I could.

One thing for sure, now I know why amazon.com uses UPS.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Wow, that's a great store owner! If my husband's payday (Mondays as well) falls on a holiday, he just doesn't get paid until the next day. They are on direct deposit. ONE time when he first started, they paid them the Friday before instead of waiting until the day after. Haven't seen that again in almost 3 years, haha.

I do the payroll here at my office (among other things, lol). Our guys are union and must be paid by a certain time on Friday. We have actually got a pretty good system. We write the checks on Wednesday afternoon, deliver them to the job sites on Thursday, and they can deposit them Friday. I have a pretty sweet job, even if sometimes it's difficult, haha.

Heather

Got an upexpected grant so sometime in the next week-ish I'm going to have money drop in my account.

Dad's cancer has been beat back into submission for now.

I really don't want to go to this stupid store meeting tonight. Ugh.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I'm here.

Making deer spaghetti and going to take it to a friend's house.

Their food stamps had a glitch and didn't come in today and they have 5 kids and are disabled and not a lot of food left so I'm making dinner. :fork:

Yummy.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Store meeting ended up not being too terrible. One of my favorite people is coming to help us out next week with the festival so it's not going to be as terrible as I had anticipated.

Should be doing homework but I'm so sleeping I'm fighting taking a nap.

Lynx

*perk*

If anybody needs me I'll be at whatever house Melody is taking that deer spaghetti to. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Made it through the day. Backslid a bit on the diet and ordered ribs. Probably around 600 to 700 calories for lunch. Fixing to head to church.

MelodyB

It was pretty good too. Yum!

There was plenty, and at their house, you would have been welcome. The more the merrier!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

I need a fence. Around my office, keeping out the undesirables, aka my clients/wayward chillin/headaches.

Lord, I'm ready for Friday. Had one of said undesirables call me and tell me he wanted to go back to prison because I was "unreasonable with him". Apparently it's unreasonable to expect someone to meet with you for 10 minutes a month, pass a drug test, and pay the $35 a month fee leveled by the parole board. Who knew??
As a result, my temper flared, my blood pressure spiked and I had to take a flying leap to salvage my status as God's child. :getangry:

MsJennJenn

Drug tests are the worst. I had to take one for my promotion back in August and I've worked here at CVS for so long (16 years in August lol), that they didn't have one on file.

I've never felt so out of place in my life going to that clinic thing to take the drug test. lol office full of hoodlums and the like.
I, thankfully made an appointment, so I with my fancy bag and blonde hair walked up in there, stood out like a sore thumb, and was promptly seen ahead of all of the others sitting in that room because of my appointment lol.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

My boss messed up my paycheck yesterday. Shorted me almost $50. She fixed it though thankfully.

Done with school for the week. Work open to closes the next 3 days though. Ugh.