By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I totally understand.. we recently changed our sound board too. I waited until Robbie and Chel came over and had him reset it. Of course everyone has monkeyed with it and I have to readjust it back every service, but at least the speaker doesn't sound like he's in a barrel. Our church acoustics are terrible anyway, and the way some of our sound system speakers are mounted makes it worse. They were installed "because they fit there" not because that was the best place....

And in sharing, I'm off, thank God, and so is Lou. We are fixing to drop Chey at school and enjoy a date day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Heather on February 17, 2019, 03:00:01 AMI have a kidney stone. It's not fun. People keep telling me it's like having a kid. I don't have a kid and therefore do not get their point of reference.

No they say the pain is similar to birthing a kid. lol they say kidney stone pain for women the only worse pain is birthing a kid.

I've had them about 4 times. And it def. doesn't help convince me a child is worth it. lol passsssssss.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

Robbie has been teaching me on the digital board we have. I am slowly getting better and can fix most issues- but nowhere near an expert like Robbie is. It just makes sense in his electrical engineering- computer working brain. Lol.

And I've never had a kidney stone- but I have had a gallstone. Those things make you think you are dying. Literally. Am so glad to be done with that portion of pain.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

Back at work. *grumble*

I was able to see my parents this Sunday/Monday combo and see many church friends at the same time, so that was really nice. It was nice to be 'home' even if just for about 24 hours. :)

I'm back in the chaos that is Illinois now. Where we are talking mileage tax instead of fuel tax, I think they've approved minimum wage to increase to $15, now they're saying hundreds of businesses left that same day (as per normal.. b/c people have been leaving in a steady stream for a while it seems)... but I'm glad to be at home in my own bed.

Chaos you avoid from taking off Monday hits you square in the face on Tuesdays, fyi. I gave someone a report to look over and fill in a column on maybe 10 spots on Thursday. They chose yesterday to start the report and completely forget everything I told them Thursday. The CPA "simplified" it for them after their questions, and when I looked at his notes, I realized I completely messed up some of the projects amounts anyway. This is what happens when I'm trying to work on year-end and no one leaves me alone for five minutes. LOL.. Plus my normal chaos of my own when I zone out on projects. :)

At least I have lunch to look forward to. That's still 15 minutes away for me, but everyone else already left for lunch. At least it's quiet. :) :) :) Can you tell I'm focusing on smiling?:)

It's supposed to have a wintry mix this evening but I think it's not supposed to stick around since temps were going to be rising instead of falling for a bit. I think that involves rain tomorrow tho. :/ I appreciate not having a drought, but I don't like flooding either. The Mississippi is already creepily close to the highways (flooded its normal flooding area already). I'm not sure what its levels are at the towns tho. Hopefully it won't be like 2018 (or was it 2017?). It's flooded twice since I've lived here, so I'm not sure hahaha. I'm just thankful I live further away from the river and won't get flooded. Breaks my heart for those who live close tho. Southern Illinois needs an economic revival of sorts.

Roscoe

Nelle- Ya'll need to come home to Arkansas. LOL
Of course, it is nigh onto flooding here too.... supposed to get torrents of rain again this week. Yay.
I forgot Lunch and am trying to keep from going to get anything. I've GOT to start eating healthier again....
And the prison system has apparently decided that having over 200 parolees per officer in my office isn't enough. I've gotten four parole plans in the last hour to add to my list...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I thought you were getting help that would lessen your case load... :eyebrow:

Today is our 36th anniversary. Time flies.

Heather

Happy Anniversary PF!!!

I passed Kiki the kidney stone sunday night. They went ahead and did a CT yesterday just to make sure it wasn't a small piece of something bigger. I'm in the clear. I've had gallstones before and hence no longer am in possession of a gallbladder. My pain wasn't as bad as everyone had me anticipating but ::shrug:: Now gallstones had me regularly making sure I had repented of all sins and asking for Jesus to take me home immediately.

Heading to the grocery store since we have neglected that part of our life for the past week before the deluge starts yet again. 2 counties over from us is looking forward to their 3rd bought of flooding in the past 2-3 weeks. I'm about to ask Brandon if he will start working on an ark soon.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 19, 2019, 06:26:43 PMI thought you were getting help that would lessen your case load... :eyebrow:

Today is our 36th anniversary. Time flies.
Happy Anniversary.
 And yeah, we have someone hired, but they won't start until next Monday. I'm at the point that I just offered my supervisor a steak dinner if he would take one of my troubled children in particular off of my caseload.

Lynx

:eek!:

If Bobby is willing to pay for somebody's steak dinner, he must really be at the end of his rope!  :surrender:  He don't normally let go of money that easy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I wish work would just give me a set schedule of going in at 5 am. This week I alternate between going in at 5 and going in at 8. So today, I'm wide awake, fully prepared to go and I still have another 15 minutes before I can even think about leaving.

Our taxes are supposed to deposit any day. I would really like to get new tires on my car. She's not enjoying this rain in her shoes right now.

sunlight

I was supposed to be off this week. I've gotten called in 3 of those days so far. The paycheck for this week should be better than any in the last month so far. Thankfully.

@ heather- ugh. I've given birth and I've had the gallstones- and I don't want either of those experiences to be replayed. But I totally understand your explanation of the gallstones!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm currently making cookies. Have 3 grandsons and their parents enroute to my house. :)

Roscoe

Shew. Been so busy I couldn't post...court day. Saw two of my headaches and was proud to wave "Bye Felicia" at them...other cases were continued.
 Now I gotta get ready for church in a bit. I know it has to be the devil, but it seems like I'm always the most worn out on Wednesdays....

Nelle

Do they stay in your case files until forever.. or do they get reassigned to someone else if they come out/go back in?

About to go home. We have the winter rally on Friday night at our church, so we have to set up tonight for the fundraiser 'dinner' afterward. I also need to finish my promotional bulletin board for Sunday School so it won't look weird since it's currently not all the way finished.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on February 20, 2019, 10:36:17 PMDo they stay in your case files until forever.. or do they get reassigned to someone else if they come out/go back in?

They go off my caseload. When they are released, it's luck of the draw as to who gets them.

Heather

And yesterday started the end of the week hustle at AZ. It's a slow time [for now, just waiting for everyone to get tax refunds] so higher ups are always pushing to cut hours. I have drivers quitting because they don't get enough hours to start with, people calling out with the flu, some are taking spring break trips, and now one has had a death in the family. So I'm supposed to cover 21 hours of work between today and tomorrow but not work more than the 19.5 I have left until I go into over time. Oh and none of my drivers can go over 25 hrs per week.....I guess just no one will be working and of course that will effect things too. Sheesh.

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on February 21, 2019, 02:00:01 PMAnd yesterday started the end of the week hustle at AZ. It's a slow time [for now, just waiting for everyone to get tax refunds] so higher ups are always pushing to cut hours. I have drivers quitting because they don't get enough hours to start with, people calling out with the flu, some are taking spring break trips, and now one has had a death in the family. So I'm supposed to cover 21 hours of work between today and tomorrow but not work more than the 19.5 I have left until I go into over time. Oh and none of my drivers can go over 25 hrs per week.....I guess just no one will be working and of course that will effect things too. Sheesh.
Wow. Sounds almost like Walmart...Lou constantly stresses over this same corporate driven ridiculousness.
My day has been very busy today. And of course, since a few years ago, I helped out Kim and Sis Hattie by doing their taxes- I have it to do again. So this evening will be busy too...

MsJennJenn

Yup. It's the same everywhere..in every corporation.
 My pharmacists are so slammed right now and of course there's no payroll for anything. :roll:

Just had a pharmacy manager give his notice. He went out Sunday and the remainder of the week on "stress leave". Cus he couldn't handle the work load right now.

It's sad really that we push people so hard to the brink of exhaustion w/out giving rest. I feel its the same in the church setting also. Several of us are feeling the strain of needing rest w/out getting it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Let me grab the offering plates. ;)

@Work, eating lunch atm. Leftover potato skins from yesterday.

That's it for now I suppose.

Lynx

According to the official rules somebody needs to start a new sharing thread. I don't really see the point of it anymore, but we still follow that rule so...

I started the last one and our moderator for some reason took exception to it. Maybe somebody else should start the new one.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I suspect that Fuzzy just jabbed the moderator as hard as you did, oh weird cat...:pound:
I love y'all anyway, despite your mean, evil, cruel, Roscoe-harming ways. :hypocrite:

mini

We don't harm Roscoe.  We love you...like a wart.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

The next hoop I'm demanded to jump through today at work is getting shoved somewhere not nice for the person demanding it...

I may need bail money.....