News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Say Something Nice Thread

Started by Newsman, June 24, 2009, 02:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

OK, I'll start (logical, eh, sense I started the thread?) :)

Even with my limited knowledge of people's lives, I know there are some of our members who are having difficulties in one or more areas of life right now. And, everyone can use some encouragement, from time to time.

Lady AJ; You are a caring person, who loves God. These are two compliments that cannot be said about a great, great many people.

Lady MelodyB You are a young Lady who has gone through much, seen much, but has seen much of the love and mercy God gives, and still holds tight to Him. I repect that.

Lady Sis: You care about people, and have worked hard with this site, in trying to make people feel welcome, included, and loved. You have put much of yourself into this site, and have encouraged many people.

Lady Chel; funny on the site, your real-life caring of and for others is astounding; you are a credit to your calling as a nurse, for it reflects the care you already have for people.

Minnesoota; You provide good advice, wisdom, and humor in a fine mix. I'm glad to be able to call you friend, and we need to go destroy some buffet for lunch or dinner, soon!

Lady Elona: I have met many people, seen more than my share of unusual people and situations for one man, but I know of no person living today that is more sweet and caring for people than you.

Hmm...maybe I should leave some space for y'all to write! :)

Your Brother
John  :waving:
Still Grumpyest of the Grumpye

Sis

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Tricia Lea

Scott seems like a nice guy.

I love everyone here on GP

:hugs: gp

Tricia Lea

Sis is one sweet lady too

Seth  is sweet too

SippinTea

Quote from: Scott on June 24, 2009, 03:30:52 AM
''Something nice''

Oh man! You beat me to it. :P

Okay, the real something(s) nice...

Scott - has a great sense of sarcastic humor that I find highly amusing. (When he posts, that is. Which isn't often these days. *ahem*) :) Of course, the rumor about him being a mean ol' codger is still circulating, but I think Sis does that on purpose to keep us all in line. :hypocrite:

Eric - can give his viewpoint on serious/touchy subjects in a way that doesn't offend or bash others. And he's great at providing plenty of laughs over chicks and such. :P

Becca - genuinely seems to care about the kids she watches, even when they drive her completely batty and she'd like to lock them in cages. And she's very quick to send a virtual hug to anyone who seems to be having a bad day.

Sandra - is completely amazing and wonderful. And if I start listing reasons I love her, we'll be here all night! I'll just say I really, really love my adopted Texas mom, and leave it at that for now. ;)

Ben & Adina - have such a heart to reach out with God's message. They inspire me. And I can't wait to see what God's going to do with them in Guatemala!! :hyper:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

Sis

QuoteI think Sis does that on purpose to keep us all in line.

I do?  I remember telling everyone that he's not as grouchy as he wants everyone to believe. Kids love him, so he can't lie in person.

BeccaBoo

:lol:

Do I have to say something nice?

:o

almondjoy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Scott

Quote from: Sis on June 24, 2009, 05:27:54 AM

I do?  I remember telling everyone that he's not as grouchy as he wants everyone to believe. Kids love him, so he can't lie in person.

What kids love me?

My own kids would kill me if I ever turned my back on them!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

The Purple Fuzzy

Sis

Quote from: Scott on June 25, 2009, 03:23:37 AM
Quote from: Sis on June 24, 2009, 05:27:54 AM

What kids love me?

My own kids would kill me if I ever turned my back on them!

Your nieces, your cousin's kids, the kids in church.

Rae

Ruby.. Melodya.. Nate.. Minnie.. I enjoy their post.. Down-to-earth, real, applicable.

RainbowJingles

I'm going to have to come back later and post.  John's note made me cry.
**HUGS** John.
Thank you, my Wonderful Friend.  May God allow you to begin to see within yourself the wonderful things that you see so easily in others.

Sis

I really don't like these because someone is always left out and they feel bad. Everyone has their unique qualities that make GP such a great place.

Newsman

I hear you, Lady Sis.

The reason I started this was, I know a bunch of folks have been having any number of problems that have bothered them, and just wanted a thread here in General where we say something nice..everyone likes to have something nice said about them (even Scott, I daresay) :)

I know I only got the topic started.. for instance, I haven't pointed out;

That Lady rWooby is a Wonderful Woman of God, who has grown up in the Truth, but has also consciously made it the focal point of her own life, and serves as a fine example of a Godly woman.

I haven't mentioned that very sweet and tender Arkansas Lady, and in this case I'm referring to Lady BeccaBoo. Lady Nelle is a wonderful Lady in her own right, with a zest and an outgoing passion that shines through in what she does.

And, there are more.

John  :waving:

BeccaBoo

Quote from: Sis on June 26, 2009, 05:43:12 AM
I really don't like these because someone is always left out and they feel bad. Everyone has their unique qualities that make GP such a great place.

I totally agree...

:thumbsup2:

Sis

I could say something nice about the admins.

Dan and Jerry: thanx for giving us this place after UPCI.ws blew up.

B: You've done a good job of cleaning things and keeping us running. Now you're out of school, maybe you'll show up more often? Please?

Scott: Er.......................... ah......................................... um................................. And I really mean that!

Here's what I REALLY think of the admins.

Ashlee

Angie & Ruby - Thanks for being my constant in my times of chaos. You give me the strength to carry on

Seth - Thank you for the constant laughter and happiness you make me feel even when times are rough

Eric - Thanks for being there. We've had our good times and bad time. You're great when you answer your phone :smirk2:

PF, Bro. C, Adina, Ben, & Chel - Thanks for the remarkable week in TX & OK.  You all took me in and treated me as family.

Brandon - Thanks for the random messages you send me that make my day

John - Thanks for all you do. The list is too long for specifics, but I'll name a few. Your investigations add life to this place and continue to be a source of humor to this forum as well as give each individual a special place here and make them feel welcom.  OK was awesome and happened at a well needed point in my life...if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have had that experience that I so needed at that time. I think we all needed it actually. Thanks for also being someone I can count on when I contact you with a prayer request. 

Chris and Aaron - I can also thank you for that week in OK.  You two were awesome!  All the Ringo Sandwiches and pole dances and talks under the blanket of stars. lol.  The two of you brought something different to the table, but have a commonness that is rarely found.  I know that doesn't make much sense, but someone out there will understand me. lol

Tricia - You've also been one who was there for me through good and bad.  You've been a great friend and you've taught me an important thing that I hope to never forget....always keep your sound off when you're online.

Barb - Where are you??? I miss you!  We had some great talks

Sis - You send me random funny things that always brighten my day. I enjoy our talks so much. And...I still have your gift that I've had for a year. May actually mail it one day. lol

MellowYellow - This one is hard for me, but I feel it's necessary.  It's no secret that we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things and we tend to get in heated discussions and things go way too far.  However, you are an important asset on this forum and I'm glad you're here. You bring something to the table like no other does.

That's all for now.....

almondjoy

Ashlee - *hugs*  Although we've never met IRL, I feel that I've found a kindred spirit in you.  We're so much alike in how we think and act.  You've been a true friend to me, especially over these past couple of months.  I love and appreciate you.

Scott

I usually just repeat the words ''say something nice''  because I don't want to leave someone out.

However as for Sis......................

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman

And the Laughing one can give you the history.

The Never Ending Battle

Sis

QuoteAnd the Laughing one can give you the history.

What does that mean? 

And by your list, I assume they arrived in tact.

Tricia Lea

I'll say I have made the best bunch of friends here on GP. And have met a couple

Melody --sweet and nice as can be

Sis mom and Br dad- One of the nicest and most loving couples around

Giggles-- Very sweet