News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I spoke too soon about husband's horrible dog.  :roll:  she decided my closet rug was her personal potty as well as an old pillow near the desk in our living room. She's officially on probation. She has 2 weeks and if nothing changes, she's going back to grandma's house. Whisk has decided since Bella won't listen, then she doesn't either......

Came to check on dad after work. Please continue praying for him. Each round of chemo is harder and harder on him. He said today his chest has hurt all day like his tumor are trying to escape and find somewhere else to grow. I have no idea where I get my flair for the dramatics.......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Ruby: Sorry to hear that. Perhaps more advertising next go-round?

Bobby: Sorry to hear about that too. Some might think me paranoid but I only keep one debit card, linked to a checking account, and only as much in the account as I plan to spend. And overdraft protection is off - I don't want them draining $300 I don't have just because the bank wants to "protect" me from bouncing checks.

Oh, and in other news... You said Mini is copying your hobbies one by one. I'm sure you have heard that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Isaac,  his copying my hobbies is a great thing. His blaming ME for them is NOT.  :lol:
Had youth service tonight. Got to meet some...interesting people.
Guy has a cool car, and likes much of the same things I do, but he has some truly different spiritual  beliefs.
I think next weekend, I may go camping.  I've meant to fir weeks and still haven't slept the first time in the camper.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Ah, so you will lead your friend down the path of darkness... er, of wasting time but you do not wish to be blamed for it. I see how it is. :eyebrow:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Exactly.
And lands it's hot outside. Started some work on cleaning out the RV port in preparation of hopefully organizing it, on the way to enclosing it into another place to store old cars. I am out of space and NEED more space. With a bit of organizing, hauling off and scrapping some things, I will be able to hide stuff and make the place look a little better.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Ruby, Fuzzy, Chel... anybody else who knows anything about baking, I need some help. I need a chocolate crust that won't dissolve into whatever I'm baking on top of it.

See, I've been fiddling around with baked chocolate pudding lately. Same recipe as chocolate pudding on the stove top, but bake it in the oven. So I wanted to put a crust under it. Everything I try dissolves into the pudding mixture when I bake it. Chocolate pudding before cooking seems to be just too thin, it seeps down into whatever is under it.

And yes I have tried baking the crust and THEN baking the pudding on top of it. Still doesn't work.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

That's where it always winds up anyway. That's the problem.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ya'll certainly got quiet on here lately. Ya need to speak up! :pound:
Ugh. It's Monday again, and ever closer to the academy junk I gotta go do. :pound: It's also my mama's 72nd birthday, not that she will know. I just want to go hide somewhere today. Plan on spending a large portion of my day hiding in my corner office away from people. I wish I could take off and spend a day by myself, getting things caught up, or even better on some mountain creek bank alone.

MsJennJenn

I didn't sleep well last night. I tossed and turned. Flipped and flopped like a fish outta water.

A day off with no people, no noise, no distractions sounds nice. New(ish) boss is back from RI and he's here this morning hooping and hollering like a banshee. He's just so talkative, and so loud, and ACK. My previous She boss was soooooo quiet like abnormally. Such an adjustment to make for me. He was in RI ALL of last week, the peace and quiet was bliss.

Three-day weekend coming up though! Also doing community service in Habitat For Humanity's ReStore on Saturday.
I need 5 hours for my National Society for Leadership & Success leadership award. It's the last piece I need to get a $1,000 award.

Also applied for several remote/telecommute part-time jobs over the weekend to get some extra monies. Just struggling with it all. Rent's about to go up too, causing me major internal distress.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

New boss gave me a box of Turkish delight with a paper in it about Ramadan. :roll:

You can't temp me sir! I got Jesus! :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Smile politely, take the Turkish delight and send it to me. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on June 27, 2016, 05:44:01 PMSmile politely, take the Turkish delight and send it to me. :teeth:

It was gross. I took a bite out of several pieces, and then promptly threw it in the trash. Sorry. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

That's a shame. Good turkish delight is a treat fit for the gods, as they say. Bad turkish delight is... disappointing.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

We use to have some Turkish folk that would set up a table every session at the Capitol and give away different Turkish foods. Some good, some....weird. Nasty, even.

Made it through the day. We had a going away party for a coworker that is retiring. And what kind of food, out of all the foods in the world , do they chose? Mexican. AKA MexCAN'T  to me. :pound: I brave it, and ate of it, knowing I was dancing with the devil doing so. And I paid. Dear Lord, did I pay.. :sick:
Never again. NEVER. Especially not in an office with six ladies- And a bathroom that measures 4 foot x4 foot.

Lynx

Speaking of turkish delight... I'll make the obligatory Narnia reference.

Moments later the White Witch rolls up. She is confused, but tries to tempt the rover with a firmware upgrade.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I made a Narnia reference earlier, but the board ate it.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 28, 2016, 04:45:57 PMNope, but already Tuesday.
Already?!? What you smokin'?? This week be draaaaaaaggggin' by...

Lynx

Right. As if we are going to tell a parole officer what we are smoking. You are not going to get us that easily.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

More like why is it only Tuesday? But I am glad it's not Monday anymore.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Actually, hubby has the smoker lit but nothing on it yet. ;)

Roscoe

Isaac, everyone confesses to the parole officer. 'Cause I'll find out anyway. Once they in my office, they MINE. I have drug tests on the shelf.
 And slightly off the topic, it's kinda shocking to have one of the parole officers go to get one of the test and hear them say, "Crud. We're outta Meth." :lol: