News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Hmmm, so the bakery needs more business? Would that I were there, I'd give it business.

After you see your family, y'all come down here and start a bakery. A real bakery, not that Wal-Mart pseudo bakery junk. We need a bakery like a man in the Gobi needs water.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

So if any of y'all remember JennieLynnie, please say a prayer for her and her Boyfriend...her BF has been studying the Bible trying to make sense of all the election and end times stuff and he got convicted and was baptized in Jesus Name last week. Jennie is excited that he is hungry for God, and she too wants to come back, but it's hard on her cause she's been gone awhile. He is seeking for the Holy Ghost and has a ton of questions, so she messaged me and had me call and talk to her about some things she was fuzzy on, and asked me to pray for them.

So I'm asking for help praying for them. I've been watching and praying for her for a few years now and I am so glad she's made some steps home. To hear her voice yesterday made me almost just sob in the phone. It was awesome.

Please help me pray for them. Jen has 6 kids and they all need to be at church learning about Jesus. Three of them go with her ex, David, but the other three belong to Chris, her BF. So that whole situation needs prayer and guidance.

Thanks.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Isaac would slip in a puddle of his own drool if he were to visit here and step inside Andersons Bakery.

:drool:

Ohhhhh yeah.... :fork:

MelodyB

BTW...Andersons is in throwing distance of my church.

Pastor frequents there for the fried glazed croissants. It's his weakness. Lol 

Lynx

Fried glazed croissants?

*whimper*

Ah well. My family is full of good cooks so I will survive. But I do so wish we had a real bakery here.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Quote from: Lynx on July 11, 2016, 02:23:25 AMHmmm, so the bakery needs more business? Would that I were there, I'd give it business.

After you see your family, y'all come down here and start a bakery. A real bakery, not that Wal-Mart pseudo bakery junk. We need a bakery like a man in the Gobi needs water.

I left the bakery in mid-May when we moved back to Bristol. About 2 weeks ago I got a message that the bakery has actually closed.

I'm working at a diner out near the lake. All the fried foods an East Tennesseean could ask for and then some.

6 weeks from right now I'll be back in class!!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Well living in a metroplex, bakeries are by the dozen. haha
But I have a friend who bakes, as well as my mom.

Even as I type, I'm sitting here eating this fig muffin my Mom made over the weekend with fresh figs from her fig tree!  :fork:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

I dislike figs...

But that's ok...I'm sitting here with 6 jars of Pirate Ringos Salsa in front of me. Not to mention the one I still have unopened in my pantry.

Gonna have tacos tonight...and about to make quesadillas for lunch.

Any excuse to eat PRS. Hehe.

MsJennJenn

I don't like figs either. But these muffins were superb.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

About the only figs I've ever tasted would be the world reknown  Fig Newtons. I doubt they count. :sadbounce:
We have a new catering company/Bakery open here.... some awesome cinnamon rolls and pies, but I can't partake very often. Too many calories. Which did not stop me from enjoying that 300 calorie chocolate dipped fude ice cream Drumstik last night. And it won't stop me tonight either, since I know we have some left over.
And in sharing, Saturday night I smoked a bacon wrapped meatloaf. It was superb. I just ate leftovers for lunch....
Getting ever closer to the Academy. Prepare yourselves to hear nightly whining/progress reports, since they have internet.

And today has been a nightmare. I've been busy since I walked in, 30 minutes before we open..:pound: Just now got to take a lunch break
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Ack. Heather + Melbs.
This season of Criminal Minds.

I just can't take it. Crying like a baby!!! :cry2:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Have you made it to the Derek episode? Tears. Just a whole lot of tears.

*EDIT* I'm at the end of the next episode and I literally dropped my drink jumping up from my seat. I scared the beejesus out of my dogs.

After reassurance from husband and my mom, I will make it through this poo show of a summer. 6 weeks til school!!

MsJennJenn

Ugh yesssssss that's why I was bawling like a baby.

And now I'm done with the season. My only consolation is that it left it on a cliffhanger....which means another season is coming!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I didn't watch the whole season, but I did see the last few episodes. UGH. That last one was a killer.

I feel ya. :cry:

I love me some Derek Morgan.

Lynx

I didn't watch Criminal Minds myself, but my grandmother used to watch it. I got the impression every episode one of the main characters was threatening to quit. But I never sat down to watch an episode so that impression could be totally wrong.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

How is your grandmother? She is so sweet.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

I have one episode left. Poor Reid. I'm just thankful they gave me a Prentiss episode to console me once Morgan left.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on July 12, 2016, 03:33:45 PMI have one episode left. Poor Reid. I'm just thankful they gave me a Prentiss episode to console me once Morgan left.

I know right?!!?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on July 12, 2016, 12:18:34 PMHow is your grandmother? She is so sweet.
Doing fine. She might outlive me. That would be a good thing, for the record.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Totally starving tonight.  No idea why, but if it ain't nailed down, I'm chewing on it.
Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

It's every day, or no days in a row for me.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Ugh. It's a dreary day. I've already walked/fast walked a mile and a half this morning, then cancelled that out by eating the last remaining piece of blueberry cheesecake for breakfast. :fork:
Got three folks to see today, and the rest of my day will be spent doing paperwork trying to get everything in order before I trot off to six weeks of Dante's Inferno.

Heather

I tried so hard to be good yesterday eating wise. I was with my dad and all was well until mom came home. They decided to go to my favorite mexican place.....the end. lol.

Today, me and husband both have off work. He's STILL working on the porch and I'm on flower bed weeding duty.

Speaking of duty, his dog is back on probation. I can deal with a little bit of pee every now and then. Now it's daily if not multiple times a day and yesterday evening I came home to 2 pile of the poo. Again, I'm glad she has chosen the bathroom floor, but I'm not living how we did out at his dad's house.