News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Raining here, too. It's about 30 degrees cooler today than yesterday.

Chseeads

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Husband is up cooking us breakfast. Church this afternoon. I'm looking forward to it.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

So yall remember that guy that I met in WM that asked for my number awhile back? Well, I think he text me. He just said "Hey Melody, this is Jon, how are you doing?" But I thought it was my childhood friend who I haven't talked to for awhile and I answered him and he never replied...that was Friday night, so tonight it just hit me who it was, so I text him again and asked him if he was the Jon from WM, and that earlier I had him confused with another Jon...I'm waiting on a reply.

I thought it was weird that my childhood friend had a MS area code...DUH! Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

So the guy replied. He asked what I had been up to. I told him just normal stuff, taking care of Mom, church, babysitting, nothing too exciting. So then he asks what church I went to, I told him. Then his very next text said "well I'm just here, laying in my bed, naked."

:o

Ok. That escalated quickly.

Luckily, after I answered the church question I fell asleep. So I didn't see the next text till hours later when I woke up, and he had sent 4 more after that...first one said "did you get my text?" And then three that said "so I guess you aren't talking anymore"

Um no. I thought he was a good guy and we could be friends but the way he just blurted that out makes me think he was fishing for more than what I intend to give him. So that's over.

Proves my theory that there are not any good guys out there, and if they are, they are NOT interested in me.

BTW, I still haven't replied.

Lynx

Seth: Fortunately we care naught of the judgment of others.  :P

MelodyB: RED ALERT! SHIELDS UP! FULL EVASIVE MANEUVERS! Go to warp 8, any heading!

Actually there are a few good guys out there. But you'll probably have to turn over some rocks to find them, i.e. make the first move yourself.

And you could reply to that guy that he'd better cover up before he catches a cold.  :hypocrite: 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on November 30, 2015, 01:07:07 PM

Proves my theory that there are not any good guys out there, and if they are, they are NOT interested in me.

Wow Melbs. Crazy. But yes, I'm in agreement with you.
No Thanksgiving meet-up/date for me. He hasn't even text since Wednesday of last week. So...even the ones in church are wack.
And to prove your theory wrong Isaac - I did make the first move.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

One of my friends had been talking to a guy at church for about a year. Fireman's ball, banquets, the whole deal. She took hours to crochet him a blanket for his birthday then he just stopped talking to her. Boys are so weird. I'm married and I still think Brandon is weird.

Church yesterday was one of those everyone on their face crying out to the Lord type services. It was awesome. I came home, watched from Criminal Minds, then crashed. I apparently talked to my weirdo last night when he got home but I have no memory of it whatsoever.

Last prob and stats class this morning. Off to work study.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on November 30, 2015, 01:07:07 PM
So the guy replied. He asked what I had been up to. I told him just normal stuff, taking care of Mom, church, babysitting, nothing too exciting. So then he asks what church I went to, I told him. Then his very next text said "well I'm just here, laying in my bed, naked."

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 30, 2015, 03:15:49 PM

Wow Melbs. Crazy. But yes, I'm in agreement with you.
No Thanksgiving meet-up/date for me. He hasn't even text since Wednesday of last week. So...even the ones in church are wack.
And to prove your theory wrong Isaac - I did make the first move.  :smirk2:
My theory involved turning over a few rocks. A few > one.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

I have a pond full of rocks.

For the few regulars that still do Christmas cards I'm in if anyone wants to.
I have a new address than last year though!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

You shoulda texted him back and told him you were cutting things up. That mighta stalled him out...:ugly:
And morning all. Back at work. Counting down until the weekend, although I have to work Saturday for the lighting ceremony.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby: But you get overtime, right?

I never have seen the point in a ceremony over putting up a christmas tree. But then I never have seen the point in a tree, or indeed a lot of things people customarily do because it's the custom.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I can't do cards this year. We can't even afford groceries week to week.  :smirk2: This will be my first year missing it in a while.

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on December 01, 2015, 02:32:17 PM
What a poor and forlorn bunch we are.
Emphasis on "poor" .
And no, Isaac,  no overtime.  I get comp time, which means I'll work 4 hours and get 6 to take off later, to go along with the  over 300 I currently  have and rarely  can take .
And the ceremony  is actually  for turning  the Capitol's Christmas  lights on. They have the building  completely  covered  with thousands  of lights. The ceremony  is the 77th  annual event,  showing  off the decorations,  there'll be visits with Santa  and Mrs Claus for the kiddoes, cookies,  etc. Just a big shindig  with a few thousand  of the wretched  creatures  that  I  avoid, aka people. Bah, humbug  :pound:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on December 01, 2015, 01:27:03 PM
I can't do cards this year. We can't even afford groceries week to week.  :smirk2: This will be my first year missing it in a while.

PM me your address - its different than last years too right? I'm gonna try to still send some anyway! lol
Melbs I need yours too!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 01, 2015, 03:19:56 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on December 01, 2015, 01:27:03 PM

PM me your address - its different than last years too right? I'm gonna try to still send some anyway! lol
Melbs I need yours too!

Should be the same as last year. I've had the same Po Box for almost 2 years. If it's a Box in Johnson City, then that's it. I'll PM you though just in case.

Lynx

More than 300 hours?! You could take more than 6 weeks off and have a marvelous vacation with that. Get newsman to take you on a tour of civil war battlegrounds. Take rusty down every highway in 17 States.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Same as me, we've had the same PO box for as long as I've been in MS. If it's a PO box, I'm still at it. Lol but I also will PM you.

I'm not doing cards. Same boat. Can't afford it.

Roscoe

Urgh.Lord. I need chocolate.  Or Dr pepper.  Or something. Coffee ain't cutting it today. But I'm trying to  be  strong. Scale has finally shown a lower number- 222.4. I'm tired of the yo-yoing. Went down to 222, then I've been boucing between  that and 225. This time it stays. :mad:

Heather

I can't decide if I'm madder at our terrible neighbors or the weirdo that lives with me. Between the 3 of them I slept terrible last night. Woke up with a tension headache. Doing work study all day today [or at least as long as I can with this headache]. I just don't know what to do about some situations in my life.

mini

Good morning everyone!

Mel:  Didn't you check out that guy with some friends that knew him?  I think you may need to reconsider your friends advice on men and wait for the real Kevin...

Heather:  *waves at you cause you deserve a shout out*

Cheese:  *kicks him cause he deserves it*

MsJennJenn:  We are awaiting further information about said guy.  If he doesn't work out, Mel has a # you can borrow....

Lynx: I recently used a Calvin and Hobbes comic to explain black and white photos and when color was invented to my 5 year old niece.  Thanks to Calvin's dad, I had a ready answer.

Roscoe:  Think on these things...Rt 44 Cherry Vanilla Real Creme Dr Pepper, sipped whilst meandering Rusty down a back road.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 03, 2015, 12:34:38 PM
Roscoe:  Think on these things...Rt 44 Cherry Vanilla Real Creme Dr Pepper, sipped whilst meandering Rusty down a back road.

:ugly:
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: